Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price fellas?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I understand what you are saying but you cannot compare carpet cleaning widow cleaning , that’s like saying a dustman should be paid the same as an accountant , there’s definitely a ceiling on what you can charge , in my experience if you go ott with a price and think you are doing very well quite often you will loose the job as someone will under cut your price , if you are similar price to the competition they are less likely to drop you , as an example I know nothing about carpet cleaning but round hear firms will clean all carpets in a 3 bed semi for £75 we keep on getting flyers through the door about it , I dont know how long it would take to do that work but Ime sure I could earn more in that time cleaning windows , I think different parts of the country are very different to others : green thinks he could charge far higher prices where I am and get customers and he’s right he could but I very much doubt they would be sustainable customers they would cancle 3-4 months in we all know our own areas better than people that live miles away what works for me In Cornwall wouldn’t work in the midlands and visa versa , it’s good to see and hear others way of doing things , I have a lot of jobs where the property price is 2-10 million to look at some of them they arnt that big it’s the location that makes them worth that amount , some customers are property rich and money poor . I have one customer whose property is on the market for 2.9 million and she haggled like mad trying to get me to knock £5 off the price !!!! Some people !!!!!
That doesn’t suprise me lol. I am starting to wonder whether there really is a ceiling though, or whether it’s “all in the head”. Is the future of the industry in “rounds” or whether it will move over to more of a call out style industry?. The age of the water fed pole was never expected 20 years ago i suppose. Maybe the age of the “one off call out” is coming. We have all had “skippers” or cancellers whatever the amount or circumstances, for instance, even if it’s as small as a regular front window job. Lets say you price up a gutter job at £50. you may only be there an hour if you’re lucky sometimes. We often have houses which double up and have the gutters cleared and windows done at the same time, and more often than not it’s the windows that take longer, no fibbing! So why is window cleaning so under valued as an industry? If they value it, surely the mould can be broken? No disrespect but why can you not charge the same window cleaning as you can e.g. carpet cleaning? Hes using a 2 grand carpet cleaning machine, you’re using a £1000 tank system & £600 pole. i’m pretty sure most of our custys “hate” doing windows. Loads of people have phoned us lately, usually the same line. “He’s gone missing & haven’t seen him for 6 months, or a year or whatever” when they tell you they were charging £10 a house you think hmmm, maybe it’s got to the stage where it’s barely profitable and either jacked it in or found better paying work. I mean no disrespect, i’m just trying to predict the future of things, does anyone else have similar thoughts?
I was speaking to a builder one afternoon who was working on the house next door and he asked how many houses i would do today. I said maybe twenty? He said mate...no matter shat job you’re doing, if you’ve got to visit 20 houses a day, you’re not charging enough. I know he isnt in the same game but he does have a point.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was speaking to a builder one afternoon who was working on the house next door and he asked how many houses i would do today. I said maybe twenty? He said mate...no matter shat job you’re doing, if you’ve got to visit 20 houses a day, you’re not charging enough. I know he isnt in the same game but he does have a point.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That builder is probably earning half of what you do though. 

Back