Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price increases letter ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Has anybody and letters they have wrote up for price increases? I’d rather just post a letter than try and get round talking to them explaining price increases

WINDOW CLEANING PRICE INCREASE

Please find our new price for the cleaning of your property for your review.
£ .

The new price will be applied to your next clean.

We thank you for your valued custom and hope that you will understand the need for this increase.

Please accept this price by text with your name and address.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 07

I chapped mine as I went round as although it takes longer youl get a rough idea with people's reactions if there's going to be problems with it. For the ones who weren't in I wrote on the card that I put through the door. Takes months to get everyone up to the new price though. I put mine up in January and there's still a few paid normal amount last month.

I've just put everybody's prices up and to be honest I was going to get a leaflet printed with all the information on it. But I felt it was better to tell each and everyone and whilst I was at it I told them every April the price would be going up. I've had my round 18 years and not massively put prices up before and neither have I lost many customers. They where all respectful of it and not one person complained it did take longer but I found it was the best way to avoid confusion

I just wrote on the cards, windows will be going up £ from next time. That was at the start of the year. I'd be a bit wary of putting them up at the moment. If things keep going up then very soon house holds will be doing a spread sheet with there out goings. When looking at where they can save money the windows will be one of the first things circled on the list that they can do without.

If you already make a decent amount I'd take that into consideration aswell. I genually think if the customers knew what kind of money I can pull in with one days work then a few would cancel out of resentment. If already making a decent amount then nows not the time to try squeeze some more out them. If your not making enough then it's different.

One thing to remember here though is we are window cleaners, not brain brain surgeons. I'm not meaning that as a put down to what we do but basically anyone can do it with a few days training. One of my mates works as a spark for a company and he doesn't make the money I make and he's done years training for that. Very few people know how much money I bring in a day but the people who do know are a bit shocked when I tell them how much window cleaners make in general when working for themself.

I just wrote on the cards, windows will be going up £ from next time. That was at the start of the year. I'd be a bit wary of putting them up at the moment. If things keep going up then very soon house holds will be doing a spread sheet with there out goings. When looking at where they can save money the windows will be one of the first things circled on the list that they can do without.
Excellent post.
Last December I told my customers it was going up this year to their faces if they were in. If they wasn’t, like you, I just put a note on the bill

Back