Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Rises

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wish. Not getting away with that where I live
It should easily be done, back in 2000 when I started my business I was charging £3.50 I think it was for council 2 & 3-bed semi's that was 24 years ago I think it was around 50p a window I soon put mine up to £4.50 within the first year I just don't understand how prices can be so far behind that they have barely changed in 24 years .

It should easily be done, back in 2000 when I started my business I was charging £3.50 I think it was for council 2 & 3-bed semi's that was 24 years ago I think it was around 50p a window I soon put mine up to £4.50 within the first year I just don't understand how prices can be so far behind that they have barely changed in 24 years .
Quite agree with this I don’t care ware you are a minimum price of £10-12 should be achievable I think it’s down to many window cleaners not having the confidence to push the envelope and charge a reasonable price , we have moved out of the dark ages ware it was done for pocket money or they couldn’t do any other type of job it’s now viewed by a lot as almost a trade job and ones expect to pay for that service . I have some friends in Newcastle that work in some very poor areas but still achieve theses prices without any problem the trad guys are charging £7 a fourtnight the pole guys are £12-15 monthly so it can be done . If ones won’t pay that then move on .

anybody darn sarf should be at least charging £15 for a council house.i charge £16 .Youll never make some folk happy though. Few yrs back i was asked to clean for a lady we turned up before 9am and because she was still in bed she got very ratty and "how much????? " [£10] .. TEN POUNDS NOT ON YOUR NELLY thats how you lot make your money ripping off folk ,and me with cancer too....."Last year we cleaned for you and it was same price in fact you gave 2 of my lads a tip " I NEVER DID ! . With that i told her to "Fark orf back inside you really are uggerly"

Quite agree with this I don’t care ware you are a minimum price of £10-12 should be achievable I think it’s down to many window cleaners not having the confidence to push the envelope and charge a reasonable price , we have moved out of the dark ages ware it was done for pocket money or they couldn’t do any other type of job it’s now viewed by a lot as almost a trade job and ones expect to pay for that service . I have some friends in Newcastle that work in some very poor areas but still achieve theses prices without any problem the trad guys are charging £7 a fourtnight the pole guys are £12-15 monthly so it can be done . If ones won’t pay that then move on .
I have no issue getting modern 2 bed semi's for £10.00 sometimes these days it's 3 and 4 beds that are done cheaper than me that I don't get these days,

But picked up some well priced jobs this week because people are getting let down by the cheap lads that have underpriced then not gone back

I set up my business nearly 5 years ago and haven't raised my prices in that time. Inflation has gone up roughly 20% since then. I've been reluctant raise prices to due to the cost of living crisis and with the interest rate rises now doesn't seem like a good time to either. But at this rate my mortgage could be due to double next year.

Has anyone else been putting it off? How has it gone down if you have increased you prices? Cheers.
Just do it the worry of losing customers regardless of cost of living will always be there

Back