Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What are you paying your employees

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have been employing on a part time basis and also been getting back into plastering which I am experienced and competent at like last Saturday when I did a private job for a mate for £360 for a days work skimming a whole bedroom and ceiling
If that takes off I will need to employ full time for the windows
Too old to be outside in winter now lol
Plastering is hard work especially ceilings, I would rather be doing windows outside ?????

£15 an hour is a decent wage on a decent guaranteed weekly contract. It isn't on a zero hour contract as it doesn't mean anything is guaranteed
Yes, mate but unfortunately unlike locom doctors and supply teachers who do work on an adhoc basis for a lot more money than what they'd normally be paid other jobs just aren't like that.

If we go back to the authors original question of what is a decent hourly rate, then I assumed that anyone looking to employ and pay a decent hourly rate that they'd have the work to provide a 40hr week or whatever it is they need to an employee to work even if that was a 20hr week as long as they ain't stringing someone along with a zero hours contract.

I have been employing on a part time basis and also been getting back into plastering which I am experienced and competent at like last Saturday when I did a private job for a mate for £360 for a days work skimming a whole bedroom and ceiling
If that takes off I will need to employ full time for the windows
Too old to be outside in winter now lol
I'd sooner be outside than inside a freezing cold house house with cold wet plaster, maybe wear a pair of trousers and you might not feel so old or is this why you are wearing shorts all year round ?

Itl work out I'm paying the guy who's helping me £31.50 an hour today. My mates been out the last couple of months, to help him out with Xmas I'm giving him 70% of what the total is he does. Or if working together il half what we do and take 70% of that number. He's a very good mate though and has done me massive favours in the past.

Itl work out I'm paying the guy who's helping me £31.50 an hour today. My mates been out the last couple of months, to help him out with Xmas I'm giving him 70% of what the total is he does. Or if working together il half what we do and take 70% of that number. He's a very good mate though and has done me massive favours in the past.
I know you're Scottish could you please translate, because my heads battered trying to work out what you are trying to tell us o_O

Sounds more like your subbing your mate some work on a self employed basis that and not employing.

Sounds more like your subbing your mate some work on a self employed basis that and not employing.

He's between jobs, he's no interest in doing this all the time. We usually just work together everyday. Hel work himself 2 or 3 days a week until Xmas now and il give him 70% of what he does. The days we work together il half the final total of amount of work done then give him 70% of what it adds up too.

If I'm behind I'd get him doing that but he'd usually only get an hourly rate.

Could you pay a percentage of the van's takings as a wage? Say, he gets minimum wage for up to 4K cleaned, but everything over 4K he gets 50%?

The percentage take could motivate him significantly.

Latest Posts

Back