Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Rises

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't know if sole traders can so speak to an Accountant. Can you not just set up a pension plan and put money into it to keep below 40%. If not become Ltd and do it that way, crazy turning down money without investigating legal ways round the 40% tax threshold
The vast majority of sole traders should be at the 40% tax not that hard to hit that these days, definitely ways of keeping below like a partnership the vat threshold is the next one to avoid but that's almost unavoidable if someone wants to continue to grow but I won't be I'll reduce my workload

I don't know if sole traders can so speak to an Accountant. Can you not just set up a pension plan and put money into it to keep below 40%. If not become Ltd and do it that way, crazy turning down money without investigating legal ways round the 40% tax threshold
Think I'll have to look into this myself, I'm going to be hammered in tax next year, was struggling to sleep last night as was thinking what's the point in working if they're taking half off you. Makes my blood boil when I think about it.

Think I'll have to look into this myself, I'm going to be hammered in tax next year, was struggling to sleep last night as was thinking what's the point in working if they're taking half off you. Makes my blood boil when I think about it.
If you invested in a sipp you can trade on the stockmarket but would have to hold on to them as Capital gains tax is dropping from 6k this current tax year to 3k after April then I think 1.5k so trading isn't going to be what it used to be m

It’s ok banging on about inflation but there comes a fine line of what people will put up with.
Most on here are sole traders dealing mainly iresidential.
Some paye workers don’t get annual pay rises and most don’t get it at inflation level.

Sometimes you have to look at reducing costs to improve your bottom line profit and do smaller increases.

If I was paying £30 for my window cleaning and it went up to £40 like some have suggested I’d change cleaner.

Sometimes you have to look at reducing costs to improve your bottom line profit and do smaller increases.
It's not the business costs that are driving the necessary increases, it's the cost of keeping a roof over your head. I point this out to my customers when I'm increasing my prices and a discussion arises about costs. I'm just honest with them and say the water and the kit hasn't really gone up, it's the cost of keeping a roof over my head, they fully understand it. The ones who cancel say they understand it but just cannot afford it. End of the day if we don't keep up with inflation then we are devaluing ourselves.

It's not the business costs that are driving the necessary increases, it's the cost of keeping a roof over your head. I point this out to my customers when I'm increasing my prices and a discussion arises about costs. I'm just honest with them and say the water and the kit hasn't really gone up, it's the cost of keeping a roof over my head, they fully understand it. The ones who cancel say they understand it but just cannot afford it. End of the day if we don't keep up with inflation then we are devaluing ourselves.
Quite agree diesel costs increase dramatically a while ago was costing me £40-50 per van extra per week , gas and electric bills increased x4 all this has to be paid for so price rises small and more frequent are needed most customers are fine with this and many have put there own prices up , I will be doing a price rise in April customess have already been asking about an increase and I told them that prices will increase from April / may not a single one has complained

Quite agree diesel costs increase dramatically a while ago was costing me £40-50 per van extra per week , gas and electric bills increased x4 all this has to be paid for so price rises small and more frequent are needed most customers are fine with this and many have put there own prices up , I will be doing a price rise in April customess have already been asking about an increase and I told them that prices will increase from April / may not a single one has complained

I get my diesil at 80 pence per litre so I csnt grumble with the price of that.

It's more one to one or it feels that way with residential jobs so the customer will maybe query the the increase as it's a regular service and cost,

But they'd be non the wiser if a builder was charging a lot more one month for a job than previously, I've seen quotes go from less than 10k to over 12k when I was considering a new roof the cost of everything thing has shot up in the last 3 years

At £60+ an hour in the north of England(I believe that’s where you are?).I wouldn’t say was exactly devaluing yourself.

Of course you have to put your prices up but my point is looking at other costs as well which could improve your bottom line with out impacting your customer to much and holding on to work.

Like I say not every one gets a yearly rise and constant increase could be a tipping point.

The keeping a roof over your head isn’t your customers problem..Gas,electric and fuel have all gone down lately and my current interest rate on my mortgage is ridiculously low.I bet a lot of rent hasn’t gone up with inflation especially council housing rent.

Prices have to and will rise I agree ? but if I’m getting way above average on some jobs is it worth the risk and then losing some.

How is it that low ? Pump prices here at the moment are around£1.48 per ltr the price you are saying is heating fuel prices down here

One of my mates gets it from his work, he used a machine that has a 300 litre tank and carries some 25 litre drums for it too. He then sells the 25 litre drums for 20 quid. Can't remember the last time I used a garage for fuel.

It's more one to one or it feels that way with residential jobs so the customer will maybe query the the increase as it's a regular service and cost,

But they'd be non the wiser if a builder was charging a lot more one month for a job than previously, I've seen quotes go from less than 10k to over 12k when I was considering a new roof the cost of everything thing has shot up in the last 3 years

One of my mates gets it from his work, he used a machine that has a 300 litre tank and carries some 25 litre drums for it too. He then sells the 25 litre drums for 20 quid. Can't remember the last time I used a garage for fuel.
Sounds very dodgy to me

At £60+ an hour in the north of England(I believe that’s where you are?).I wouldn’t say was exactly devaluing yourself.

Of course you have to put your prices up but my point is looking at other costs as well which could improve your bottom line with out impacting your customer to much and holding on to work.

Like I say not every one gets a yearly rise and constant increase could be a tipping point.

The keeping a roof over your head isn’t your customers problem..Gas,electric and fuel have all gone down lately and my current interest rate on my mortgage is ridiculously low.I bet a lot of rent hasn’t gone up with inflation especially council housing rent.

Prices have to and will rise I agree ? but if I’m getting way above average on some jobs is it worth the risk and then losing some.
Believe what you want with those prices?

Latest Posts

Back