Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prices Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alien Human

Am interested to know what you peeps think?

It is the brown building so all the bay windows and all windows going up above the entrance door.

It is the whole works e.g front, back, inside & out.

Not as many windows at the back but the photo does not show the basement flat which will also need doing.

Prices based on a monthly clean.

Thank you in advance :)

View attachment 4464

Cheers chaps - Brighton seafront based hotel if anyone else needs that info to help with their quotes /emoticons/smile.png

Well - it's had a massive redevelopment over the last year so the prices have varied massively depending on what stage it's at. I did a 'builders clean' once the work was completed for £120.

But we agreed some prices for monthly cleans months ago and ended up cleaning the whole lot for £60 yesterday which I didn't feel was anywhere near enough as it took 3 1/2 hours of pure graft to get it done.

The figure which I would quote for a new customer like this would be £120- 150 but given the history and relationship with them I am wondering if £90-100 may be more suited.........hence why I'm asking for your help as my head hurts /emoticons/smile.png

£120 if you can do it in three hours, it probably going to be hard work each time considering location

£120 if you can do it in three hours, it probably going to be hard work each time considering location
That's a good point and something which I have been meaning to ask you fellas. In Brighton the council provide a window cleaning permit which allows us to park on single and double yellows when cleaning for £10 a year - this is obviously a massive bonus as parts of the city are £4 per hour charges. Is anyone else fortunate to have this?.......sorry if you don't /emoticons/smile.png

How's the parking at the back?

I betting the back on that one is going to be interesting to do too :rolleyes:

Inside and out monthly quote you want to be charging top dollar to make it worth your while as looks like a real pain in the ****.

This looks like one of those jobs you want to price very high with the aim of putting them off, or if they say yes then at least you get a nice tickle. There's better jobs you can be spending your time on me thinks.

Despite the £ I am actually leaning towards agreeing with Tolish.

I just work on my own and to get to the back the only way is through the basement (which is the owners flat) and out through their kitchen door.

If someone else posted that picture then I think I would also question it taking so long.....but if you look closely at the top of the picture you will see a pain in the **** ledge that comes quite far out and there are various black railings which all take time to clean around.

Basically it's a hotel and quite a good one so there is zero room for error.

If anyone wants to come back in with any prices now that there's some more info then feel free - I am currently thinking the £100-120 mark.

Thanks very much /emoticons/smile.png

Despite the £ I am actually leaning towards agreeing with Tolish.
I just work on my own and to get to the back the only way is through the basement (which is the owners flat) and out through their kitchen door.

If someone else posted that picture then I think I would also question it taking so long.....but if you look closely at the top of the picture you will see a pain in the **** ledge that comes quite far out and there are various black railings which all take time to clean around.

Basically it's a hotel and quite a good one so there is zero room for error.

If anyone wants to come back in with any prices now that there's some more info then feel free - I am currently thinking the £100-120 mark.

Thanks very much /emoticons/smile.png
If it took you 3.5 hours last time then I reckon 100 would be ok if you want the job. Especially since you can probably shave at least half an hour off your time now you know where everything is. First is always the hardest.

To do the back you have to go through a basement flat **** that:D

Myself I would not want that job so would just tell them straight. They probably can't find a good reliable cleaning wanting to do it either as most with sense would concentrate on doing much less hassle type of work.:rolleyes:

Myself I would not want that job so would just tell them straight. They probably can't find a good reliable cleaning wanting to do it either as most with sense would concentrate on doing much less hassle type of work.:rolleyes:
Previous windie used to hang out the windows to clean them trad - literally hang out apparently:)

Out of interest- do you do jobs where you have to go through people's property to clean the back WFP e.g take hose through ?

Some windies down here don't as they claim it invalidates their insurance but there are a lot of places down here in which the only way is to go through.......

You're self employed so can be choosey what jobs you take on or not.

You would have to check with your insurance company if you where insured or not

Out of interest- do you do jobs where you have to go through people's property to clean the back WFP e.g take hose through ?
Some windies down here don't as they claim it invalidates their insurance but there are a lot of places down here in which the only way is to go through.......

Back