Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing a Conservatory roof clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elliott randall

Hi. Kind of a hard picture to go by but it’s the best Iv got. I need help pricing this roof up. It’s located around the West Midlands/ Cradely area. Will be done WFP of course. But Iv never cleaned a roof before and would love some advice and how to charge something like this. Thanks

Attachments

• 04C28668-3DE7-48B0-A7BD-043BEA744121.jpeg
    04C28668-3DE7-48B0-A7BD-043BEA744121.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 64
It's glass so going to take a lot of rinsing. Looks like you only have 8 roof panels, no idea what access is like though. I did my first one the other day - 26 polycarb panels and it took me about 3 hrs including setup and pack away. So my guess would be it should take an hour maybe 90 mins as long as access is ok.

It's glass so going to take a lot of rinsing. Looks like you only have 8 roof panels, no idea what access is like though. I did my first one the other day - 26 polycarb panels and it took me about 3 hrs including setup and pack away. So my guess would be it should take an hour maybe 90 mins as long as access is ok.
Well the access is okay. They have a roof to walk across behind it. So access is good. Also there is two of us WFP it so will be done twice as quick. I’m thinking about £45 but I don’t want to low ball myself

Have you checked the gutters and down pipe ? Have you included the clearing of these within your quote ?
£45 seems a little low to me so don’t be afraid to up the price. Be wary of undertaking the job in this extreme heat as everything dries quicker and you get tired quicker ?

Have you checked the gutters and down pipe ? Have you included the clearing of these within your quote ?
£45 seems a little low to me so don’t be afraid to up the price. Be wary of undertaking the job in this extreme heat as everything dries quicker and you get tired quicker ?
It was literally just the glass cleaning. And the condition of the glass wasn’t bad as the con has recently been built. Hence the price

I'd probably charge somewhere between £100-£150 for something that sized and I've got no idea whether or not that's an accurate price, it's typically what I charge for a roof as I hate the things so would rather do it for a good chunk of cash or not at all.

Alternatively allow a chunk of time, say two to three hours, work out what you'd make window cleaning in that time and add a bit extra on as it's harder work

I'd probably charge somewhere between £100-£150 for something that sized and I've got no idea whether or not that's an accurate price, it's typically what I charge for a roof as I hate the things so would rather do it for a good chunk of cash or not at all.

Alternatively allow a chunk of time, say two to three hours, work out what you'd make window cleaning in that time and add a bit extra on as it's harder work
Thanks for the help
Are you doing a full roof clean or just the glass panels? £40 for a once over on the glass would be about right. Full roof clean I'd be asking £10 a panel
just the glass which for £40 I didn’t think was to bad but others may think different. I’m new to roof cleaning tho so I’m no expert haha

Well the access is okay. They have a roof to walk across behind it. So access is good. Also there is two of us WFP it so will be done twice as quick. I’m thinking about £45 but I don’t want to low ball myself
£45 is way too low, especially for two of you. I quoted one exactly the same style (albeit with an extra 2 roof panels) and that was £125 and they accepted the price (west mids based also). I wouldn’t even do a small polycarbonate one for £45.

Depends what you want.
If you want the experience, and you have the time to do it, then by all means go in fairly cheap. It’s money in the bank, and you’ll have a good idea what’s involved, when the next one comes along.
But long term £45.00 is very much on the cheap side.

It was literally just the glass cleaning. And the condition of the glass wasn’t bad as the con has recently been built. Hence the price
It will take about 10 minutes to clean the glass if that no idea why people are saying £40+ it will be a piece of pish as it's only recently been built you need to find out if the customer wants the panels done every 8 weeks, for example, I have some jobs that do and I price those at a regular clean price based on how long each job will take some of mine can be done from the ground others require a ladder at one side all my roof cleans are for regular customers whose windows are getting cleaned at the same time.

Latest Posts

Back