Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loosing Customers To Wfp Guys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

most people would like them done trad imo, they like to see some soap on there windows and then cleaned off, they think you are doing it too quick with wfp, they think its just water from your kitchen tap used to clean them. they dont know what you go through and expense to go wfp. i use a backpack for tops, only the higher ones and awkward to reach ones , which i would not do being trad method. so you can get that extra work and be confident knowing you can do t with no danger to yourself. on my rounds. its great getting and using a backpack the downfall is producing the pure water to clean them. your wfp pole and equipment . ro set up and storage etc. i use an ro in the kitchen as my house is back to front so no pipes able to go into shed to make water that way, its a headache but knowing i can clean in very windy days , with out the worry ill fall off my ladders, i can clean bigger higher houses = £££ i wouldnt normally clean due to height. if you can get a WFP cleaner in your region who can sell you some pure water to get started give it a go. or get an 11 inch DI vessel Resin and try it that way. My next stage is to get a DI vessel and do it as and when i need. you will pay around $500 to get set up.

TBH I thought wfp was b0llox before I started using it. No way could it clean as good as trad I thought. How wrong was I? It makes the glass shine more and in my case I can clean a house a whole lot quicker than before. I wish I'd done it years ago. The only draw back is convicing people it works, some just can't get their heads round how it works. I need more work now to fill my time lol.

there will allways be a place for traditinal shiners,like there are more hand car cleaners than the drive through type, we are in an era of older generation who appreciate a job well done at the right price,with out getting in to debate reg trad or wfp there are (some)water fed pole users ripping people of big time

So would you consider someone charging £15 for a 3 bed semi (4 weekly) a rip off? :rolleyes: What about one with a conservatory then? /emoticons/biggrin.png

there will allways be a place for traditinal shiners' date='like there are more hand car cleaners than the drive through type, we are in an era of older generation who appreciate a job well done at the right price,with out getting in to debate reg trad or wfp there are (some)water fed pole users ripping people of big time[/quote']

To be honest I have had loads of customers come to me who don't like WFP claiming it leaves streaks and window sills are not left dry.Having asked about this but this may not be true been told that wfp leaves streaks if they just get lazy and use plain old tap water and not the purified water.

To be honest I think people like to see a trad cleaner as they seem to take more care.And I for one cant see how a wfp can get a good old hard grained bird poo stuck on a window off as good as a trad cleaner can that's up close and personal to it and able to give it the good old elbow grease and scraper ( customers aint fools,well some are but most aint lol )

Like a previous person said just do a good job and rest will take care of itself I think.

Also WFP.........How the hell does it save time reeling the bloody hose out and back in constantly and then theres always risk of flattening Aunty Dots prize Rose in front garden ouccccccch. with dragging the hose round back.

To me there only good for blocks of flats and offices..........domestic use I just don't get it but maybe im wrong.
With the correct brush, bird muck isn't a problem. As for time, you get ladders off, put on pouch, bucket on belt, get bucket out, dip, walk to window, put ladders up, up do window down again, next window up and down, and your up and down all day.. Wfp, turn on pump, pole in 1 hand, hose in other, walk to window connect hose, pole up, do all tops.. Easy peasy.. And when your doing compact work where you can do 15 houses with out moving the van, walking about with a pole sure beats walking up and down ladders 100 times!

With the correct brush, bird muck isn't a problem. As for time, you get ladders off, put on pouch, bucket on belt, get bucket out, dip, walk to window, put ladders up, up do window down again, next window up and down, and your up and down all day.. Wfp, turn on pump, pole in 1 hand, hose in other, walk to window connect hose, pole up, do all tops.. Easy peasy.. And when your doing compact work where you can do 15 houses with out moving the van, walking about with a pole sure beats walking up and down ladders 100 times!
Keeps yer fit lol.

Dragging a hose around with me would do my head in ESP when I have to hop over gates & garage roofs. Takes me about a minute to put ladders up and be ready to clean window. I like trad & always will but do enjoy my backpack but that takes me longer to get out with getting pole out & undoing hose & connecting it all up.

For me I will do mostly Trad, but depends on the house and job,

If its nice easy house then ladders are way to go, but houses can't do properly on a ladder then wfp should be way to go.

I have been to jobs as a one off(not regular) and did the whold of the front house Trad, but because the back had difficult access to windows I WFP all the back windows.

Electricians don't just use a screwdriver, and a joiner don't just use a sander, they use all the tools of the trad which is what I will do. /emoticons/biggrin.png

(Okay I am mostly trad but that will change)

i do both but prefer 'wfp' three times faster the frames get washed the windows look great

i will still do trad on all ground floor jobs , but the future is wfp .

3 x faster?.....no it aint mate, either you were the slowest trad cleaner about or your not cleaning properly with the wfp!

the fact that wfp is any quicker at all is debateable, when you include hose reeling time etc, and especially if you include prep time purifying water etc. you may be a touch quicker with wfp 'on the glass', but not 3 x faster

You can't include time it takes to make pure water. We wake up on the morning and pump onto the vans while having breakfast. Then while I am working we are making pure water. So that's irrelevant.

If you think wfp and trad is about the same speed you are leaving in a dream world.

I turn up at a house. Go to rear of van, 20 seconds to fill a trolley which lasts the whole house. And I'm off cleaning.

The trolley stays at the front and the hose reaches 90% of all houses.

I cleaned 4 identical houses on my own in the time it took TWO guys to trad 2 houses.

One was footing the ladder todo the skylights.

Wash scrims, dry scrims, ladders on, fill bucket,

Arrive at house pouch on, boab on, scrims, bucket out, soap in & shake, take a dip, ladders off, lock van, lift bucket, away we go..

Fill tank 30 mins

Arrive at house, pole out, pump on, grab hose, lock van, away we go..

You can't include time it takes to make pure water. We wake up on the morning and pump onto the vans while having breakfast. Then while I am working we are making pure water. So that's irrelevant.
If you think wfp and trad is about the same speed you are leaving in a dream world.

I turn up at a house. Go to rear of van, 20 seconds to fill a trolley which lasts the whole house. And I'm off cleaning.

The trolley stays at the front and the hose reaches 90% of all houses.

I cleaned 4 identical houses on my own in the time it took TWO guys to trad 2 houses.

One was footing the ladder todo the skylights.
just because you were quicker with your wfp then those traddies were doesnt mean its always the case, those traddies may have been slow and like i said, you might not be cleaning properly with the wfp.so you were quicker then the traddies on those houses, well i pulled up at a job the other day, 2 wfp guys were already there unreeling their hoses, i pulled up, got the ladders off and cleaned an identical house on my own, was finished before them. so it depends on all sorts, the speed of the cleaners, the type of property, wether the wfp is van or trolley mounted,etc,etc.

but i stand by my comment, iv worked with wfp's before and iv watched plenty at work and i promise you wfp is not 3x faster then trad, your the one living in a dream world mate

Wash scrims, dry scrims, ladders on, fill bucket,
Arrive at house pouch on, boab on, scrims, bucket out, soap in & shake, take a dip, ladders off, lock van, lift bucket, away we go..

Fill tank 30 mins

Arrive at house, pole out, pump on, grab hose, lock van, away we go..
my ladders are on the car already, my scrims and cloths are in the car also, i get up get in the car and go to work, when i get there i grab the ladders off the van,(bungeed on), and i clean, while your still unreeling your hose

I'm not getting into an discussion about it as we are never going to agree.

I was trad for over 10 years and I know It's quicker, simple as. That's my opinion though. So if you think it's quicker that's your opinion.

I also have three friends who have converted.

wfp is also quicker on something like this GM /emoticons/biggrin.png

Strata-Window-washing-498x665.jpg

lol, yes im sure it is, and im sure i could find pics of houses that would be quicker trad. remember though that this is the trad section of the forum, its not for you wfp guys to start banging on about wfp being the future and sooo much better then trad. please, if you are 3 x faster on a wfp then you are trad, then you were either **** and slow at trad or **** and too fast at wfp, anyone that thinks they could do 3 houses wfp in the time it takes me to do 1 trad is off their rocker mate

Back