Problems flowmaster control / shurflo pump not dead ending..

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Sinbad, Dec 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Sinbad

Sinbad Newcomer

Hi Everyone...

I wondered if any of you have had the same problem.Im currently towing a 250 litre water trolley from Pure Freedom that I picked up off a mate 6 months back
    All's been well except for the past two months.It started where I would have problems with the battery (12 volt leisure battery) losing charge and now my system is not Dead Ending when I cut the waterflow off with the tap on my hose or brush so the pump just carries on even when im not using it (unless of course I switch it off on the flowmaster)
    I called Pure Freedom who were very helpful and said maybe I had a leek iv looked all around and no leeks at all.
    I just wondered if any of you have had the same problem and could belp in any way.
    The pump on the system is a 100psi Shurflow with a flowmaster control all supplied already on a backplate....

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Spring make the controllers for most of the WFP suppliers.

http://www.springltd.co/node/102

You will find the instructions of here somewhere on how to reduce the dead end setting. It could also be that a poor performing battery and the controller not dead ending are linked.

I first started off wfp with a trailer system before moving to a van mounted system. The leisure battery was mounted to the drawbar of the trailer and exposed to the elements. The leisure battery never lasted very long before it needed replacement.

A battery also becomes less efficient with a drop in temperatures. Winter time is the time that batteries are more prone to fail.

Supplementary charging regularly is also important. There is a thread running where I have noted battery size and the current the pump draws. Using a correct leisure battery charger as apposed to the car battery charger will help your leisure battery longevity. Keeping your battery fully charged is a good practice. I try not to let mine drop below a 75% charge and my current Numax 110 amph is 4 years old next month.

3. Sinbad

Sinbad Newcomer

Thanks for your advice and link :)

Advertisement