Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Progutter Pro-G Box Set

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use a drift for my bike. The new one (hd ghost) connects WiFi so you can see what's happening but they're £250.

I have one similar thrown in my garden but without wheels and found it **** and dangerous to use compared to using a microlite standoff.

I have one similar thrown in my garden but without wheels and found it **** and dangerous to use compared to using a microlite standoff.

so I should really look for a micro lite stand off smurf? I can't find an Ankalad on eBay /emoticons/sad.png

Yep that's a microlite standoff.

Ankalad stabalisers do come up on ebay too from time to time

here are 3 at the mo if interested

Now deleted links as requested Neil :Image3:

This one http://bit.ly/1bpjST8 /emoticons/smile.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes but most double ladders would be to short for 2 storey gutter clearing

View attachment 4079

I'm using in a 12 rung triple combi in this example pic but any good trade 12-14 rung triple ladder would do fitted with an ankalad and microlite standoff.

As you can see from the pic how much easier access it is than trying to gamble placing a ladder just below the guttering on a very small bit of fascia. Also with the ladder being like that is not going to go anywhere so I can work with a pole with one hand and at the same time hold on to the ladder with the other. 3 points of contact and all that....

View attachment 2361

If you want to buy a stay like that buy it with the checker plate like this one, it is rigid and good for setting on corners. The other is flimsy cr4p, as Smurf has said.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Complete-Ladder-Standoff-Stay-Free-Next-Day-Delivery-/231026068146?pt=UK_Baby_BabyFeedingUtensils_EH&hash=item35ca3a0ab2

I use this against fascias/wall with a double ladder +ankalad or spurs which is very solid, and rarely require my 3 section ladder for 2 storey properties.

I respect Smurfs opinion with regard to microlite but personally am very nervous of breaking tiles every time you set up your ladder, especially as you cannot see where your wheels are sitting from below.

Cue Smurf onslaught! :Image3:

Horses for courses - we all do things slighty differently, and I guess its what we are all comfortable with.

Just to let you know that about a 20-25% of your weight will be on your microlite wheels unless you have an ankalad standalone system taking all of your weight to the ground! Keep that in mind when setting your ladder.

Smurf I this any good for gutter clearing ?

http://bit.ly/19ejySs

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the key to safe ladder work clearing gutters with a pole and pro-g tool is knowing your ladder is not going to go anywhere and being in the right posistion to work safely using 3 points of contact. I've used other safety devices in the past and nothing comes close to making the job safer and easier to do than using an ankalad and microlite standoff setup on a roof.

As for breaking roof tiles I've never had an issue yet but houses with slate tiles I would prefer not use a mirolite standoff resting on slate roof tiles as can be very fragile and if set in the wrong place could quite easly crack them. Jobs like that and other awkward areas instead of putting a ladder on corners I tend to use a guttervac instead.

I'm all for safety first - and if it wasn't for Smurfs informative posts I wouldn't be using the Ankalad ladder stabilser - its a simple yet effective piece of kit. :Image14:

I think they key to safe ladder work clearing gutters with a pole and pro-g tool is knowining your ladder is not going to go anywhere and being in the right posistion to work safely using 3 points of contact. I've used other safety devices in the past and nothing comes close to making the job safer and easier to do than using an ankalad and microlite standoff setup on a roof.

Thing is andy I know I've started the post saying how great the pro-g tools are and I don't mean to bang on about ladder safety but I would feel awful if someone got hurt or worse because I did not also mention what kit I use to work as safely as possible.

Thanks bud...now try a microlite standoff and you will see how much easier jobs will be for you too. :Image13:

I'm all for safety first - and if it wasn't for Smurfs informative posts I wouldn't be using the Ankalad ladder stabilser - its a simple yet effective piece of kit. :Image14:

I'm just not sure about them. :Image11: Wheels and ladders don't seem like good bedfellows either! :Image4: I need to be convinced! :Image1: Perhaps I need a demo!!!!! :Image3:

I like my current ladder stay and it serves as a useful tray for trowels etc., or tools when carrying out minor repairs. :Image12:

Thats 5 smileys in one post!

Thanks bud...now try a microlite standoff and you will see how much easier jobs will be for you too. :Image13:

Back