Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting Prices up!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

I'm really curious how people put their prices up, as I'm sure every one does it differently.

i.e.: Comercial and domestic

Domestic can just be done with a text these days, but how often??

Comercial: how do you go about this in a professional manner, and do you talk in percentage/inflation lingo??

I'm really unsure  "the way" to do it....

I'm really curious how people put their prices up, as I'm sure every one does it differently.

i.e.: Comercial and domestic

Domestic can just be done with a text these days, but how often??

Comercial: how do you go about this in a professional manner, and do you talk in percentage/inflation lingo??

I'm really unsure  "the way" to do it....
When I put my commercial prices up I sent them an email saying that I had done the windows for x years at the same price and due to cost increases I had to put them up by x £'s. I also put in the email "As you've been a good loyal customer any feedback would be appreciated" Only one customer complained and asked me not to put it up as much, £40 from £30, so we split the difference. I suppose it depends on your relationship with the commercial customer.  

Just tell them that you are putting prices up next month and add £1 or £2 to the clean price - no need to justify a price rise IMO, they can either take it or leave it. I prefer to tell customers face to face if possible.

Just tell them that you are putting prices up next month and add £1 or £2 to the clean price - no need to justify a price rise IMO, they can either take it or leave it. I prefer to tell customers face to face if possible.
Cool.

I was more asking in general. So how often would you increase this?

Comercial is a bit different I think. I think they'd expect some kind of justification. Say if it's a £400 job, and it's been that price for say 4 years, then how would one approach putting this kind of job up, especially is its a well know branded company such as Panasonic, dell or BMW head office etc??

Remembering bad advice is sometimes worse than no advice, and I have never done this sort of thing.

My justification might be that over the last 4 years the 12 month inflation CPI has been 1.8% June 2014, 0.3% June 2015, 0.8% June 2016 and 2.6% June 2017.  This equates to a compound inflation rate of 5.6%.  So just to keep up with inflation a £400 contract should now be £422.39

Not sure if it helps at all.  But its certainly a reason for a rise.

Remembering bad advice is sometimes worse than no advice, and I have never done this sort of thing.

My justification might be that over the last 4 years the 12 month inflation CPI has been 1.8% June 2014, 0.3% June 2015, 0.8% June 2016 and 2.6% June 2017.  This equates to a compound inflation rate of 5.6%.  So just to keep up with inflation a £400 contract should now be £422.39

Not sure if it helps at all.  But its certainly a reason for a rise.
That's just what I was looking for!

Cheers Karlos! (y)

If I get a new customer on a road I work on I put 50p or £1 onto what I charge the others, so making that my new price, and will increase the others in time.

Back