Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Freedom and WCW

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Let’s hope pure freedom don't get dragged down to wcw very poor standards , I feel it’s a great shame they have been bought out But if things stay as they are then I guess it won’t affect us as end users so much
Out of interest what is wrong with WCW? I have nether used them before just curious

Out of interest what is wrong with WCW? I have nether used them before just curious
I have only ordered stuff from them a handful of times times but every single time the order has been wrong , things missing or the wrong thing sent , every time they have blamed me saying that I have lost the things that were missing check the packaging it was definitely in there and it certainly wasn’t , they didn’t replace the missing items or refund me the money either , absolutely useless, will never deal with them again

I’ve found WCW to be decent when I’ve used them. I only had one issue with an order which was a hose reel that appeared to be damaged in storage or transit. When I phoned them they were happy to send out a replacement with no charge. Bought a skyvac from them last winter and when one of the poles broke thy sent me a new on for free. Can’t fault them personally.

I’m surprised to hear you’ve had a rough time with them @Pjj WCW is one of my go to suppliers. They have messed up orders in the past but every single time they’ve been quick to solve things.
To be fair I haven’t dealt with them for must be 4 years due to what I have already mentioned maybe they have changed ?..

They bought pure freedom and adepts engineering in August last year.

They will just use both websites to push each product.

Only negative I see it They probably won't be selling power up reels anymore.

That’s easier said than done if you have a large workforce
Are you saying that if you sold your business to someone else then your business will be ran in exactly the same way with the exact same structure and the exact same pricing and the exact same service as when you owned it... because your employees run your business for you?

I highly doubt that would happen. I've seen many many many businesses taken over and bought out by someone else and the business as it was is either changed for the worst or ends up going bust because the new owner didn't have the same business acumen, drive, dedication etc as the previous owner. I stand by what I say, the employees are not what the business is, it's the owner that creates everything, the employees are the result of the owners decisions. Good employees can carry on doing their jobs, but a new boss with new ideas telling them to do things differently.... they either do what the boss tells them or they walk and I've seen that happen.

For me the risk is the quality control on the products, not the supplying of products. Shipping out a product is dead easy, anyone can do that. It's manufacturing a product for market and then dealing with any quality control issues that arise thereafter that differentiates the good well ran businesses from the **** poor ones.

Pure Freedom have well developed products and I've had top class service from them if anything has gone faulty. I might buy spares to be on the safe side.

E X C I T I N G ? N E W S Pure Freedom X Window Cleaning Warehouse Hear from Steve Fox & Paul Quickfall as they discuss the acquisition and provide an... | By Purefreedom | Facebook is a video of their announcement of the takeover and what their intentions are they already have a new site up as well for people to able to build a system online so they can see what they'd be paying,

I said the other week they'll use PF to bring their own products to the market no doubt a new crash-tested system so they can go it alone instead of selling other people's products.

Are you saying that if you sold your business to someone else then your business will be ran in exactly the same way with the exact same structure and the exact same pricing and the exact same service as when you owned it... because your employees run your business for you?

I highly doubt that would happen. I've seen many many many businesses taken over and bought out by someone else and the business as it was is either changed for the worst or ends up going bust because the new owner didn't have the same business acumen, drive, dedication etc as the previous owner. I stand by what I say, the employees are not what the business is, it's the owner that creates everything, the employees are the result of the owners decisions. Good employees can carry on doing their jobs, but a new boss with new ideas telling them to do things differently.... they either do what the boss tells them or they walk and I've seen that happen.

For me the risk is the quality control on the products, not the supplying of products. Shipping out a product is dead easy, anyone can do that. It's manufacturing a product for market and then dealing with any quality control issues that arise thereafter that differentiates the good well ran businesses from the **** poor ones.

Pure Freedom have well developed products and I've had top class service from them if anything has gone faulty. I might buy spares to be on the safe side.
We sold our family business to a larger more successful business that changed everything we did around. We were shut within 8 years as we only made a profit in one of those years, and made some very big losses. Bear in mind we were bought because we were profitable and expanding

We sold our family business to a larger more successful business that changed everything we did around. We were shut within 8 years as we only made a profit in one of those years, and made some very big losses. Bear in mind we were bought because we were profitable and expanding
It's sad to hear but you hear it a lot and like I say I've seen it with many other businesses. It must be really frustrating for yourself to have such a successful business ran into a loss making one. Running a business and then selling it for profit, well I can imagine the money is nice... but we all take pride in our businesses and to see something you've worked hard to build up to be successful, then ran poorly to the point of collapse must be upsetting to witness.

It's the business owner that is what makes a business so it only makes sense that you change the owner and things will be done differently and it's not an easy thing to create a successful business.

Latest Posts

Back