Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Gleam poles - anyone???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Funny you say this spruce I thought the same thing , and as for the statement about light poles well that’s absolutely ridiculous .  
What’s ridiculous about them mate , they are the lightest poles have used , no fatigue at all using them all day , you’ve never used one so why comment that 

What’s ridiculous about them mate , they are the lightest poles have used , no fatigue at all using them all day , you’ve never used one so why comment that 
Without boasting or name dropping we as a company have been wfp for approximately 18 years in that time we have tested all types of equipment from practically all the major players in the industry and are currently testing different products for 4 different firms as we speak , you are right I have never owned one of theses poles but have we used them yes we have I certainly wouldn’t buy one though , they are heavy poor clamps compared to the competitors and a bit whipping as well , so thing I do have a little insight as to how heavy they are , if they were as light as you say the manufacture would be using this as a sales pitch but are they ?? No they arnt wonder why that is ?? Each to there own with what kit they like and choose to use but stating they are the lightest pole is false information , it might be the lightest  you have used and you might be happy with it but ones that use different products that publish there weight migh not agree with you , sorry . 

Without boasting or name dropping we as a company have been wfp for approximately 18 years in that time we have tested all types of equipment from practically all the major players in the industry and are currently testing different products for 4 different firms as we speak , you are right I have never owned one of theses poles but have we used them yes we have I certainly wouldn’t buy one though , they are heavy poor clamps compared to the competitors and a bit whipping as well , so thing I do have a little insight as to how heavy they are , if they were as light as you say the manufacture would be using this as a sales pitch but are they ?? No they arnt wonder why that is ?? Each to there own with what kit they like and choose to use but stating they are the lightest pole is false information , it might be the lightest  you have used and you might be happy with it but ones that use different products that publish there weight migh not agree with you , sorry . 
Sorry mate but the pure gleam poles are not  heavy at all , and I have never said that they are the lightest poles available just lightest poles I have used , have been using water fed poles for 10 years meself and I find these poles the  lightest and easiest inhave used 

What size pole have you used that’s heavy ? 

the clamps are made like that on the poles as there very easy to replace just clip them off with pliers and glue them back on 

if u have never bought one of the poles how have you used them ? 

thankd 

Sorry mate but the pure gleam poles are not  heavy at all , and I have never said that they are the lightest poles available just lightest poles I have used , have been using water fed poles for 10 years meself and I find these poles the  lightest and easiest inhave used 

What size pole have you used that’s heavy ? 

the clamps are made like that on the poles as there very easy to replace just clip them off with pliers and glue them back on 

if u have never bought one of the poles how have you used them ? 

thankd 
We tried the 30 and 54 foot versions , both were heavier size for size compared to the current poles we are using ,and were no ware near as stiff , the diameter  of the poles is also bigger , the overall build quality of the pole is inferior and it doesn’t have the feel that other brands have , without being rude it’s like comparing a model t ford to the latest Audi or BMW cars , will it clean windows yes it will but there are far better poles out there theses poles in use reminded me of the extel  poles that were out 10- 12 years or so ago they have had there day . They are a very cheap pole in price I agree so will appeal to some for this reason , £580 for  a 54 foot pole is cheap as chips and you arnt going to get the quality , tight tolerances of sections , rigidity at height , long life , , clamps that work well and last for that money , our equivalent pole that we use costs over £1500 and there is no comparison ,the higher you work the more all theses points come into play we do a lot of work up to 8 storey and have pretty   much tried every brand of pole currently on the market , you don’t need to buy a pole to try them many of theses things are at shows in this country and Europe and the USA we have trued them there I have waisted thousands of pounds on so much rubbish kit over the years we now try before we buy , China will produce poles for anyone and call them what ever you want to call them , provided you place and pay in advance for them I believe the minimum order is around 10k theses days , but most are not great quality, but cheap copies or very similar designs without infringing  patents . If ones what a cheap pole then they are ok if you want good customer service with reliable long term replacement parts then I doubt you will get that with theses poles as designs will alter quickly and they will become obsolete, this has happened with a number of other firms that used to sell poles but no longer do . 

We tried the 30 and 54 foot versions , both were heavier size for size compared to the current poles we are using ,and were no ware near as stiff , the diameter  of the poles is also bigger , the overall build quality of the pole is inferior and it doesn’t have the feel that other brands have , without being rude it’s like comparing a model t ford to the latest Audi or BMW cars , will it clean windows yes it will but there are far better poles out there theses poles in use reminded me of the extel  poles that were out 10- 12 years or so ago they have had there day . They are a very cheap pole in price I agree so will appeal to some for this reason , £580 for  a 54 foot pole is cheap as chips and you arnt going to get the quality , tight tolerances of sections , rigidity at height , long life , , clamps that work well and last for that money , our equivalent pole that we use costs over £1500 and there is no comparison ,the higher you work the more all theses points come into play we do a lot of work up to 8 storey and have pretty   much tried every brand of pole currently on the market , you don’t need to buy a pole to try them many of theses things are at shows in this country and Europe and the USA we have trued them there I have waisted thousands of pounds on so much rubbish kit over the years we now try before we buy , China will produce poles for anyone and call them what ever you want to call them , provided you place and pay in advance for them I believe the minimum order is around 10k theses days , but most are not great quality, but cheap copies or very similar designs without infringing  patents . If ones what a cheap pole then they are ok if you want good customer service with reliable long term replacement parts then I doubt you will get that with theses poles as designs will alter quickly and they will become obsolete, this has happened with a number of other firms that used to sell poles but no longer do . 
Sorry mate I don’t buy it from you , I use the 25ft all the time and 54ft pole for  commercial and there’s no weight in either of the poles  for the height they reach , there both excellent in use for me and well worth the money 

can I ask where u came across the poles to use them if you’ve never bought one before ?

Sorry mate I don’t buy it from you , I use the 25ft all the time and 54ft pole for  commercial and there’s no weight in either of the poles  for the height they reach , there both excellent in use for me and well worth the money 

can I ask where u came across the poles to use them if you’ve never bought one before ?
Each to there own as I said they will do the job , but they arnt for us , I have already answered that question . 

I haven't used one but looking at the web site I wouldn't touch them at all. They show brushes and pole hose and even have pages for them but they don't actually list any for sale!!!!

Links that don't work 'more testimonials' etc 

Saying nothing of their domain only being registered 04-Dec-2020.

Plus only a mobile number.

They just don't seem very professional on the customer facing web site so I wouldn't trust them to sell professional equipment! 

Sorry but for something that enables us to earn a living I wouldn't risk them.

I would be very interested in your experience after 12 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not associated with them at all found them on eBay so called over to view the poles and I bought two of them , i use 25ft everyday and 54ft for commercial work 

just giving you my feedback on them 

don’t really use forums that much haven’t got much time always full of idiots anyway 

I can show you photos of the 2 poles  I currently use if u wish 

They have honest reviews feedback on eBay if you wish to look 

Thanks 
Do you work for Anthony Morrison!

I haven't used one but looking at the web site I wouldn't touch them at all. They show brushes and pole hose and even have pages for them but they don't actually list any for sale!!!!

Links that don't work 'more testimonials' etc 

Saying nothing of their website only being registered 04-Dec-202.

Plus only a mobile number.

They just don't seem very professional on the customer facing web site so I wouldn't trust them to sell professional equipment! 

Sorry but for something that enables us to earn a living I wouldn't risk them.

I would be very interested in your experience after 12 months.
I think the whole site is very unprofessional looks like a cheap home made website , I think the poles are cheap and probably will do the job ok but as for how long they will last and as for the supply of new sections , clamps levers etc  time will tell I personally would rather deal with a company with a proven track record , good customer service , and time tested products . 

Do you work for Anthony Morrison!
Who is Anthony Morrison ??? Should we know him ??

I think the whole site is very unprofessional looks like a cheap home made website , I think the poles are cheap and probably will do the job ok but as for how long they will last and as for the supply of new sections , clamps levers etc  time will tell I personally would rather deal with a company with a proven track record , good customer service , and time tested products . 

Who is Anthony Morrison ??? Should we know him ??
Poles are not cheap mate there quality carbon fibre poles at great prices , I use the poles , but I never used there website I found them on eBay 

Poles are not cheap mate there quality carbon fibre poles at great prices , I use the poles , but I never used there website I found them on eBay 
Compared to other brands £580 for a 54 foot pole is very cheap , after using other quality brands we felt that they they felt far cheaper quality when handling them , bit like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Kia , but as I have said Ime sure they will clean windows ok I just wouldn't want to use it all morning , as it was hard work compared to our current poles . 

Compared to other brands £580 for a 54 foot pole is very cheap , after using other quality brands we felt that they they felt far cheaper quality when handling them , bit like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Kia , but as I have said Ime sure they will clean windows ok I just wouldn't want to use it all morning , as it was hard work compared to our current poles . 
Just be honest mate and say u you’ve never used there poles before ,  I don’t understand why you giving them a bad name , it’s a néw business with quality poles , and I am very happy  I found them I have saved a lot of money for the two poles I bought, 

this forum reminds of the last one I used lol 

Just be honest mate and say u you’ve never used there poles before ,  I don’t understand why you giving them a bad name , it’s a néw business with quality poles , and I am very happy  I found them I have saved a lot of money for the two poles I bought, 

this forum reminds of the last one I used lol 
I am just speaking from  my experience Ime not slagging them  off just saying that there is much better proven products out there  that a lot of people would prefer to use a proven product, are you sure you don’t have anything to do with them you are very defensive about all this ?? What we all chose to use is up to us but the object of this forum is to share experiences that’s what you and I have both done , and every other window cleaner will make there own choices maybe in a couple of years they will be the go to brand but I won’t hold my breath ??? 

@IanShine we all have a budget and if you have found that these poles are good enough for you cleaning windows everyday then fair enough, no one can determine peoples own choices just try and advise, hopefully these will serve you well for the money you've paid,

All I will say is from past experience is there was a brand called Elite years ago I was willing to take a punt and not buy what everyone else seemed to be, the Elite pole I found very good in the early days but after 18-24 months of daily use I found the sections wore to a point that I had to have the clamps almost completely tightened for the clamp to grip the sections which meant the pole wasn't easy to extend and collapse, which meant I then had to buy another pole 

Back