Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Gleam poles - anyone???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@IanShine we all have a budget and if you have found that these poles are good enough for you cleaning windows everyday then fair enough, no one can determine peoples own choices just try and advise, hopefully these will serve you well for the money you've paid,

All I will say is from past experience is there was a brand called Elite years ago I was willing to take a punt and not buy what everyone else seemed to be, the Elite pole I found very good in the early days but after 18-24 months of daily use I found the sections wore to a point that I had to have the clamps almost completely tightened for the clamp to grip the sections which meant the pole wasn't easy to extend and collapse, which meant I then had to buy another pole 
Good decent comment you have said there Mate you seem genuine not like the others that have posted in this thread , I change my poles after 18 months anyway sometimes sooner 

if I get over a year with my poles am very happy , with the money it as earned  in a year you can’t really complain 

Hi ,I have used the pure gleam water fed poles I have a 25ft and 54ft from them 

very good quality poles for decent prices, the lightest poles have used to be honest , clamps are very easy to replace with the pole sections 

they have very good feedback and  reviews on eBay , 

you won’t be disappointed with one ☝️ 
NGL you do look suss. First post and you're saying how good they are. Coincidence?? Hmm

You are defo associated with Pure Gleam lol ?

NGL you do look suss. First post and you're saying how good they are. Coincidence?? Hmm

You are defo associated with Pure Gleam lol ?
I work for myself mate window cleaning,  has have said before they have lots of honest good feedback on eBay , if u don’t want try there poles then don’t, your taking advice from people on here that have never used them , if you can’t make your own decisions in life you’ll go nowhere , some weirdos on these forums lol ? 

I work for myself mate window cleaning,  has have said before they have lots of honest good feedback on eBay , if u don’t want try there poles then don’t, your taking advice from people on here that have never used them , if you can’t make your own decisions in life you’ll go nowhere , some weirdos on these forums lol ? 
Go and view there poles if you want to mate and see for yourself how good and lightweight they are ?

Go and view there poles if you want to mate and see for yourself how good and lightweight they are ?
I'm not here to argue but can you tell us what you're comparing these poles to. Have you used a Gardiner Xtreme or even their SLX. These poles are favoured by the vast majority on here and that is down to the fact that, from experience, they are the best poles currently on sale. Admittedly yours are a lot cheaper but as you said the money you can make doing this job makes the purchase price a little irrelevant and you'd probably get at least half the purchase price back if you sold the Gardiner pole within 18 months.

I'm not here to argue but can you tell us what you're comparing these poles to. Have you used a Gardiner Xtreme or even their SLX. These poles are favoured by the vast majority on here and that is down to the fact that, from experience, they are the best poles currently on sale. Admittedly yours are a lot cheaper but as you said the money you can make doing this job makes the purchase price a little irrelevant and you'd probably get at least half the purchase price back if you sold the Gardiner pole within 18 months.
Hi mate when first started WFP 10 years back I had streamline glass fibre and hybrid poles awful in my opinion, then tried gardiner clx pole awful , then I had the old gardiner carbon pole and it done me well for 18months can’t fault it very good poles , but pure gleam poles bit lighter in my opinion , am not comparing them to Gardiner poles as they have been around for many years ,  I just feel there decent poles for good prices and I saved a good bit of money with them 

Hi mate when first started WFP 10 years back I had streamline glass fibre and hybrid poles awful in my opinion, then tried gardiner clx pole awful , then I had the old gardiner carbon pole and it done me well for 18months can’t fault it very good poles , but pure gleam poles bit lighter in my opinion , am not comparing them to Gardiner poles as they have been around for many years ,  I just feel there decent poles for good prices and I saved a good bit of money with them 
Anything has to be better then the old glass fibre poles, I actually don't mind the CLX and think newbies should start off with them to learn how to control a whippy pole as the vast majority of poles are whippy once you get above 40'. The Gardiner Xtreme is different class to anything you've mentioned but if cost is your guide then they won't come into the equation.

On the whole we're a good bunch on here but some might be a little deaf regarding other peoples opinions on any other pole than Gardiners.

I guess it's all about use case scenario, I well remember what poles were like 15+ years ago when a cheap pole lasted 6 months and a good one about 18, changing your pole every 18 months feels like a step backward to me.

I am unashamedly an advocate of Gardiner poles, my SL-X 18 is over ten years old and is in my hand 95% of the time I am cleaning, it has earnt me hundreds of thousands of pounds. I also have an SL-X 35 which I purchased last year and I have no issues with that, I would have preferred an extreme but that is currently beyond my financial ability.

There has also been a constant evolution of the product rather than just sitting back and doing nothing.

The CL-X is a budget pole, very good for what it is but not the pole to judge Gardiners on.

I accept that some manufacturers may have caught Alex up with their poles but I have yet to see evidence of that personally.

Where I think Gardiners is head and shoulders above the rest is all the other items in the range, brushes, goosenecks, fittings. I have looked at other suppliers websites and they just don't measure up.

Everybody is entitled to make their own choices and good luck to them.

There are lots of great people here that are very helpful. You have lots of experience to share, I guess you received a bit of a pasting as it seemed weird that your first post was extolling the virtues of a budget product. Don't take the pasting the wrong way, just take it as people being a bit protective of the kit they know and wary of unknown stuff. Always good to know about peoples experience as we can all learn from each other.  

There are lots of great people here that are very helpful. You have lots of experience to share, I guess you received a bit of a pasting as it seemed weird that your first post was extolling the virtues of a budget product. Don't take the pasting the wrong way, just take it as people being a bit protective of the kit they know and wary of unknown stuff. Always good to know about peoples experience as we can all learn from each other.  
I don’t have a problem with anyone on hear and agree it’s very useful to have opinions and experiences of new products wether good or bad cheap or expensive , but when someone registers on a forum and in a matter of hours is extolling the virtues of a cheap new pole I smell a rat , most  introduce themselves first as I thought that was supposed to be the way for  new members ?? I wish the guy well and don’t have a problem with what ever kit ones choose to use but it seams funny that his first post is promoting this product , we have seen this type of thing before and it turns out to be a member of staff or Evan the boss of a big company giving out misleading information trying to promote there products , Ime not saying that this is the case hear but it does  seam a bit unusual for a first post . Cheap poles do have there place but an old saying is buy cheap buy twice and this is very often true as I can testify to on a number of products I have bought over the years , I would rather buy a proven product from a supplier/ manufacturer that has a proven track record and good customer service history , rather than a cheap bulk order from China that might be discontinued after one production run batch . 

I had the very same concerns and suspicions when I read the original post promoting Pure Gleam. I still do. My well trusted gut feelings and suspicions haven't changed from my initial instincts. If I'm wrong I'll live with it without any trouble. He went about it the wrong way in my opinion. Appeared from nowhere and got defensive and insulted when questioned. Took umbrage, to the point of saying that the forums are populated by idiots. Some may be, but not this one. Even the bad forums have some good folk on them.

Personally, I question everything and everybody, including myself. That's with the sincerest of respect. It's how we learn and hopefully develop wisdom.

We can all make mistakes and I'd say everyone has on more than one occasion. I've made barrels full of them, and I have no doubt I'm not finished yet. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the very same concerns and suspicions when I read the original post promoting Pure Gleam. I still do. My well trusted gut feelings and suspicions haven't changed from my initial instincts. If I'm wrong I'll live with it without any trouble. He went about it the wrong way in my opinion. Appeared from nowhere and got defensive and insulted when questioned. Took umbrage, to the point of saying that the forums are populated by idiots. Some may be, but not this one. Even the bad forums have some good folk on them.

Personally, I question everything and everybody, including myself. That's with the sincerest of respect. It's how we learn and hopefully develop wisdom.

We can all make mistakes and I'd say everyone has on more than one occasion. I've made barrels full of them, and I have no doubt I'm not finished yet. ?
Totally agree that your often wrong ? 

It’s true new things and poles are coming out all the time. Some are good others are a waste of money. @IanShine I can honestly say this forum has some really lovely helpful people. When I started wfp nearly 4 years ago from switching over from traditional, I found information on here invaluable. I also have good friends who use wfp. As a newbie to it I listened to advice and spent what money I had wisely. What I bought has been fantastic to use. If I’ve been unsure about batteries, filters etc everything to do with wfp I’ve had answers back that have so helped. So please don’t use a forum and straight away call people idiots. If your happy with your poles that’s good but promote them in a way that is beneficial but at the beginning of your post you said —-anyone? That’s why you had replies you were asking if anyone had used them? Yes they have @Pjj has. He certainly is no idiot. Neither are @Part Timer @spruceand many other top people that’s just put up fair comments in reply. Enjoy the interchange of comments. Learn from it and add to it by good helpful information. We are all learning, it’s a constant thing. Hope your enjoying your new pole and work is going well. 

Jango said:
It’s true new things and poles are coming out all the time. Some are good others are a waste of money. @IanShine I can honestly say this forum has some really lovely helpful people. When I started wfp nearly 4 years ago from switching over from traditional, I found information on here invaluable. I also have good friends who use wfp. As a newbie to it I listened to advice and spent what money I had wisely. What I bought has been fantastic to use. If I’ve been unsure about batteries, filters etc everything to do with wfp I’ve had answers back that have so helped. So please don’t use a forum and straight away call people idiots. If your happy with your poles that’s good but promote them in a way that is beneficial but at the beginning of your post you said —-anyone? That’s why you had replies you were asking if anyone had used them? Yes they have @Pjj has. He certainly is no idiot. Neither are @Part Timer @spruceand many other top people that’s just put up fair comments in reply. Enjoy the interchange of comments. Learn from it and add to it by good helpful information. We are all learning, it’s a constant thing. Hope your enjoying your new pole and work is going well. 
I’m seriously thinking of investing in an extreme. Getting a bit of aching here and there. Anything to make life easier. Just so expensive so don’t want to rush

I’m seriously thinking of investing in an extreme. Getting a bit of aching here and there. Anything to make life easier. Just so expensive so don’t want to rush
Surely you earn enough money to buy a new pole , always have money aside for your equipment 

Surely you earn enough money to buy a new pole , always have money aside for your equipment 
Not everyone’s circumstances are the same some are single parent families so they have to spend more on there families with only one income in the house , others run multi van set ups and are very well off , some live in areas ware it’s difficult to charge high prices . Extream Poles arnt cheap roughly 2-3 times the price of a normal pole but In my opinion are worth it and we have  them in every van in an array of sizes but again not everyone can afford to do this . 

Not everyone’s circumstances are the same some are single parent families so they have to spend more on there families with only one income in the house , others run multi van set ups and are very well off , some live in areas ware it’s difficult to charge high prices . Extream Poles arnt cheap roughly 2-3 times the price of a normal pole but In my opinion are worth it and we have  them in every van in an array of sizes but again not everyone can afford to do this . 
Fair enough , i only have one income meself but I always put £50 a week away for my business equipment, whenever I need to change filters , membranes and poles am always ok 

I just find using carbon fibre water fed poles give you no arm or shoulder ache at all , I work all day no problems with them using my 25ft and 54ft 

It’s not buying a new pole. I have a new slx 22. But I’m just running it through my own mind. Whether I can justify the cost?
some people don’t ache but that is often age dependant. 

Back