Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pvc clean.what would you charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off @Green Pro Clean Ltd video a cheaper option if you like is attach some spare pole hose to the outside of your pole or spare one insert a fan jet into the top and tape it to the angle adapter works just the same for applying detergent to pvc. 

if I was going to charge £50,yes I'd get the job no bother but then your knocking your balls off for nothing
You'd be surprised, there are some serious time wasters out there. I had someone in my street call months ago for a quote to clean his garden room. Similar to the one in the picture. I only quoted £50 as he was round the corner in the same road. He told me he was really surprised at the price. The things as big as his house and actually more glass than the one in the picture and less frame. I think some people call you out for a quote like they would for a new kitchen, bathroom, driveway or new windows and doors etc. Most aren't like that but i'm sure some of them just collect quotes.

Screenshot 2018-12-11 19.45.52.png

You're missing @Dave Shaw aren't you Darren. You should allow him out of forum jail if you miss him that much you know ?

He bites I don't ?

Yeah, very droll @P4dstar.  He's not 'in jail' he's outright banned.  And for the record not by me. He was a nasty little man that chose to attack every single comment I would make simply just to try to make himself look bigger.  Regardless of what I said he would come back with something contradictory and abusive.  He received warnings about his attitude from senior staff members and retorted with more 'you cant be serious what have I done? I'm so innocent' (ignorant) type attitude.  

After several warnings both of the private type from other moderators and and also myself pulling him up in public about his nonsense it continued his attitude was more in line with CIU or a facebook group than the community spirit we have here. He continued thinking he was a big man and wouldn't 'get his' if he didn't heed the warnings. 

Had he taken this approach with any other member than me he would have been banned by me months ago. He only lasted as long as he did as it was me he chose to repeatedly attack and in a position of moderator you do your best not take it personally and 'turn the other cheek' for two months I simply ignored him, not through physically blocking him but by not 'biting' as @Part Timer put it however as we all know you can only kick the dog so many times before he does bite! 

In my years on this this site we have banned several people and 99% of those are spammers selling supplements or such rubbish. Longer standing members will remember our friend Kevin Smiths. The only other 3 were Smurf that senior members will remember,  some nut job I don't remember his name ( @Dave B messaged me up to warn me of this psycho as Dave was a mod at the time and knew of this member from other sources) after banning him he threatened me on FB he was on his way to my house to 'cut me' (still waiting) and lastly Dave Shaw.  

Of actual members (not spammers) that's less than one per year during my tenure as a mod. 

There are members on here I don't get on with and that don't get on with me, there are members that have differing opinions to me. There are even a couple I don't like - simple as that and i'm sure that's a two way street also but the one thing I do make sure I do is hold actual respect for everyone on here as we are our own little club  house for the industry. We come here for advice, for banter, to socialize, to learn and even pass work around and help each other out where ever we can and as I've said before my doors always open and everyone's welcome. You have to go a hell of a long way before I wash my hands of you and that's just what Dave Shaw insisted on doing. 

It's not about @Part Timer 'biting' @P4dstar because that's simply banter as he recognises and as before where I talk of respecting other members he was quick enough to step up and help me out with some matters through private messenger cause he's grown up enough to realize when banter is banter something Dave Shaw didn't understand. His defence was all his abusive comments were 'just banter'

Any how, in summary, the other mods and admin were made aware of my intentions to ban Dave Shaw and my reasons for doing so and were in agreement.  He was due to be banned by the end of that day by me personally as I don't ask others to do my 'dirty work' however other staff took it on them selves and dealt with the matter before I had a chance. 

He (Dave Shaw) appeared about an hour latter under a new profile and started posting away but the mods here aren't as gullible as some may think and that profile was banned to. 

Enough talk of things gone by.  Got to pack me bag. Off for some paella for the weekend ?    

There are members on here I don't get on with and that don't get on with me
I know. For the record I don't fall into this category, I just like a bit of banter with everyone.

there are members that have differing opinions to me
This I might fall in from time to time but as i've said before if we all agreed all the time then we would have very little to say. I just want to be clear though, I don't actually care what happened to Dave and I certainly wasn't fighting his corner but thanks for the lengthy response. A more interesting one is Smurf, always wondered why a guy with that many posts who was clearly committed to the forum ended up disappearing. I genuinely thought he might have died. I clicked his profile once to see his last activity and his last few posts all seemed harmless.... Then I realised I don't really care and got on with my day ?

He (Dave Shaw) appeared about an hour latter under a new profile and started posting away but the mods here aren't as gullible as some may think and that profile was banned to. 

B0qP1fKCMAATjD0.jpg

Smurf was a good guy really and I have spoken to him since but certain things aren't allowed on the forum such as drunken rantings with personal insults

We're all grown ups and as such have to deal with the consequences of breaking rules and bad behaviour

As for Mr Shaw I have been in fb groups that he is in and the same attitude permeates the group and makes for a bad experience which is what we don't need here

I have been on here since 2014 and I think smurf is the only guy with more posts than me but I would expect to be jogged on if I had a bad attitude towards other members even if it is Darren?

That is the difference lol.. banter is for a laugh but some get too personal

Remember Jake @Green Pro Clean Ltd?

Had an obsession with the size of my bum lololol

Smurf was a good guy really and I have spoken to him since but certain things aren't allowed on the forum such as drunken rantings with personal insults

We're all grown ups and as such have to deal with the consequences of breaking rules and bad behaviour
I have no idea what the situation was but if someone has provided such an input then perhaps the ban shouldn't be a lifetime thing? I agree that kind of thing can't be tolerated but like anything in life people should perhaps be given a chance to reform? Maybe not, I dunno. I remember a few months back some pr1ck came on and started spouting ? at Spruce for trying to help him, that deserves no mercy but someone with a long history of supporting and helping people, i'm not so sure!

As for Mr Shaw I have been in fb groups that he is in and the same attitude permeates the group and makes for a bad experience which is what we don't need here

I have been on here since 2014 and I think smurf is the only guy with more posts than me but I would expect to be jogged on if I had a bad attitude towards other members even if it is Darren
Dave and Darren constantly disagreed. In that final post I said at the bottom they both have valid points but both points are valid for different types of business. Dave can't see beyond his type of business and Darren can't see beyond his type of business. They're both right and they're both wrong. The only difference was Dave actively sought to take the argument to Darren instead of just posting his opinion on the thread he would clearly aim his comments at Darren. He would have got on much better if he just passive aggressively posted his opinion without identifying who it was aimed at like most people do ?

What have all there posts got to do with the price of a plastic clean ?... that’s what the op asked ?. 

d35.jpg

Yeah mate cos he had his flow on full lol
@Dave B, I can specifically remember the time when it all came to a head with jake years back on here.

You and him were having a barney on here on a Saturday morning. I was on a train to Millwall and was reading with interest as you, @Damo and I think @Tuffers had just about enough him and all got stuck into him.

He didn’t like it either when he put a post up explaining when you turn your tap off, your controller should read P5.

I explained he was wrong on two accounts. It’s P.S and it shouldn’t read that anyway it should be D.E.

He never spoke to me after that ?

So how come me and @steve garwoodare still allowed on ?
I actually had an official warning for a drunken rant on here a few years back ??

@Dave B, I can specifically remember the time when it all came to a head with jake years back on here.

You and him were having a barney on here on a Saturday morning. I was on a train to Millwall and was reading with interest as you, @Damo and I think @Tuffers had just about enough him and all got stuck into him.

He didn’t like it either when he put a post up explaining when you turn your tap off, your controller should read P5.

I explained he was wrong on two accounts. It’s P.S and it shouldn’t read that anyway it should be D.E.

He never spoke to me after that ?

I actually had an official warning for a drunken rant on here a few years back ??
I’d have enough of him due to the drivel he posted on another forum. 

However he did give me one piece of good advice. He didn’t like my welcome pack I gave to new customers, so I had it redesigned into an 8 page mini booklet I give to new customers. It’s very professional and Ive been using it for 2 years now. 

Got any info on that mate, I like that idea.

It’s  basically an 8 page booklet full of info that can be found on my www. 

We pick up a lot of work so I needed something that explains my company, how it works and other useful information. 

I had them printed up and cost around £195 for 2500

Sorry to butt in or digress but can I please have some more info on the FB forums / info pages you guys in comments have mentioned. Can never stop learning.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back