Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Razor Red Leaving Lines

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Absolutley Fuming, ordered a load of razor red as im used to it but its been atleast 12 months since my last order was placed. Put the new batch in my channel today, couldn't believe it lines everywhere, switched it round and the same on the other side. Got a good mind to email window cleaning warehouse, they can have it back as its not fit for purpose.

The same happened to me on my care home job. The red rubber is brand new but may be a touch thicker than black rubber. I have changed back to unger soft which I always use. No lines now so I will be sticking to unger soft from now on.
Same here.

I was noticing a few lines but also it seems to leave a film on the glass which to be fair usually disappears.

Went back to Pulex soft today but noticing the edges wearing out quicker than the Razr Red using the Liquidator.

Time will tell but is a shame you can't rely on the Red as i have been using it for a couple of years but the constant checking the glass is getting me down now.

I don't think it is the Liquidator as it has been fine the last few days using Pulex soft rubber.

The red has been good as it lasts longer than the black rubbers and it is not down to the narrow cut of the Liquidator channel as when the sharp corner goes it goes and needs changing whether it is a dog eared straight channel or a Liquidator.

The Liquidator takes a bit of getting used to i admit but it when you get there it cuts so much time out of detailing that you wonder why you spent so much time over the years wiping and washing out scrims every week.

Is it due to cold damp mornings seemed to improve as day went on . Changed to another make of rubber now got far better results but cannot remember where I got it from .

On my 14" excelerator the red rubber leaves lines anywhere along length but usually on first house then improves , but the smaller 12" excelerator is fine .As said earlier the thicker the soap mix the better
Other day replaced my razr red rubbers in all my combinators , did wear them in as my usual practice on one of my own windows, but next day first job with my 14inch started to leave lines, just got my 14inch Unger from the van with the Unger rubber in the channel and carried on.

Problem was I had not worn the razr red in my 14inch in enough, and did so when got home at end of day. Never bother trying to work them in "on the job", easier just on one of your own windows.

Razor Red back on the menu in my house at least.

I have been using Unger hard for a while and then Pulex soft but the wooden frames take chunks out of the soft with the Liquidator.

This morning changed back to Razor Red as i had metres of the stuff in the back of the van and was pleasantly surprised with the finish.

Time will tell but looking good in the sun today.

I have tried this product today. It's bloody awful!! You can even feel that the edge is rough just by running your finger along the length of the rubber. I carried on using it through the day but it generated more work than it's worth. Stay well away as it really isn't worth even ordering it to try. Spotless yellow is the most superior product I've ever used and will continue to use it. Razor red get it sorted!

Have to say my last two batched of razr red have been awful. Terrible quality, like previous comment I can feel rough edge all the way along, will not be buying them again. 

I have been in contact with the Window Cleaning Warehouse today and they have received a new consignment of the Razer Red. They are going to send me a replacement and I will report on here as to how it performs once I have given it a try.

Wath this space!!

I've just recieved a replacement of the first order of Razr Red that I tried. It seems like a completely different product. I have given it a quick trial in my liquidator channel along with the excelerator and it seems to work fine. I'm going to give it a go for the rest of the day and see how it performs on various/different grades of custmers glass/windows. 

I only do trad internal and one bungalow for a relative when I as she lives miles away. Have had the same batch for three years works perfects like I said I though I did buy it three years ago.

Back