Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Razor Red Leaving Lines

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Razor Red was fine when folks started raving about it in 2014 on the forums.  By 2015 it was just like this post, everyone complaining that the quality had dropped massively and with great inconsistency.  

Since then it has been nothing but up and down for the quality of Razor Red which is an issue if you do a lot of trad and all you have in reserve is poor quality product, this will just serve to frustrate you. 

In 2015 suffering the issues mentioned here whilst doing a six week builders clean Grand Central in Birmingham we decided it was simply not usable as we were having to scrim over all the faint lines left behind. 

We switched to Black Diamond which is honestly the best traditional rubber we have found to date as far as quality, use and consistency go. We use the medium grade in summer when the glass is warmer and switch to soft in winter when the glass is colder. Black Diamond also seems to wear better than Razor Red, Unger and Pulex. 

I kid you not, once you have tried Black Diamond you wont go back to other rubbers. 

Here is a link if you want to try some. It is currently on offer. 

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/special-offer-blackdiamond-squeegee-rubber-7359-p.asp

Razor Red was fine when folks started raving about it in 2014 on the forums.  By 2015 it was just like this post, everyone complaining that the quality had dropped massively and with great inconsistency.  

Since then it has been nothing but up and down for the quality of Razor Red which is an issue if you do a lot of trad and all you have in reserve is poor quality product, this will just serve to frustrate you. 

In 2015 suffering the issues mentioned here whilst doing a six week builders clean Grand Central in Birmingham we decided it was simply not usable as we were having to scrim over all the faint lines left behind. 

We switched to Black Diamond which is honestly the best traditional rubber we have found to date as far as quality, use and consistency go. We use the medium grade in summer when the glass is warmer and switch to soft in winter when the glass is colder. Black Diamond also seems to wear better than Razor Red, Unger and Pulex. 

I kid you not, once you have tried Black Diamond you wont go back to other rubbers. 

Here is a link if you want to try some. It is currently on offer. 

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/special-offer-blackdiamond-squeegee-rubber-7359-p.asp
I was looking at this the other week but wasn’t convinced by the reviews.  Based on what you’ve said I think I’ll give it a go. 

Currently trying out the black diamond rubber. So far doing an excellent job but lucky if you get a full day out of it before the edges wear when using it in liquidator channel. 

Currently trying out the black diamond rubber. So far doing an excellent job but lucky if you get a full day out of it before the edges wear when using it in liquidator channel. 
I'm finding exactly the same but - for what it costs it a pleasure to use so I'm going to continue with it until something else comes onto the market. Maybe the hard version would last longer but I'm not to sure how that would perform compared to the soft. That's assuming it's the soft that you're using Jimbo.

I got some Black Diamond and having the same problem with the ends wearing out way too fast.

After one job last week admittedly an old townhouse with wooden sash windows the rubber was finished.

I use a Liquidator with a Ettore countour pro+ handle and also find the rubber moves in the channel more than the Razr red and I have to keep checking it.

I will use up what I have left as I bought 10 lengths but I will go back to Razr red as it lasts much longer and I am a tight git. 

I switched back to some razor red Friday i had in van just to check if it was as bad as I thought . 1 bungalow was enough to dump it no slip juddering didn't bother if there were lines or not .

Back