Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reasonable start time

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AllGleam

Ive been cleaning now for over 2 yrs i have a good customer round base i usually start about 9ish so thats leaving the house to first job just interested in what other windies deem a reasonable early start for them

Have any of you had a complaint or customer moan about what time you've started? I do want to start earlier as my customer base is getting bigger and has to be done

Have any of you had a complaint or customer moan about what time you've started? I do want to start earlier as my customer base is getting bigger and has to be done
Why not ask the ones you want to start early? If they say it’s fine, get their mobile number and pre warn them the evening before.
That’s what I do without any complaints ?

Has anyone else noticed a change over the years I used to start at 8am every.morning but since covid 9 am as become the new 8am. All older people getting up later high chance of seeing some saggy boots

8am for me on the odd job here and there I’ve started 745 am but that’s if i no they be up and about earliest I’ve started commercial is 4am that was due to double booking too 2 hour jobs that needed finishing early before they open ?

I usually have a commercial job at the beginning of each working day. I set off from home at 4.30 every Monday. However I am naturally an early bird. I hit the ground running in the mornings but rarely work past 2 pm. On the rare days I don’t have a commercial I start about 7.30. I know the ones who will be up and about.

I usually start at 9am now rather than 10am. I split my day into 2 halves like today I cleaned 17 houses from 9am till noon. Lunch, then cleaned wheelie bins Green and Grey today and by 2pm I was off to my other job which consisted of replacing the gutter on the front of a house. It means a good pay day and probably the same tomorrow. Cleaning 10 houses and then clearing out a tenement's gutters which will be a good earner. 6 flats in the tenement and all happy to pay £50 each but can only do it because I have the Skyvac. That's the thing about this game, you need money to buy the equipment and that's what make's one the money. ?

I usually start at 9am now rather than 10am. I split my day into 2 halves like today I cleaned 17 houses from 9am till noon. Lunch, then cleaned wheelie bins Green and Grey today and by 2pm I was off to my other job which consisted of replacing the gutter on the front of a house. It means a good pay day and probably the same tomorrow. Cleaning 10 houses and then clearing out a tenement's gutters which will be a good earner. 6 flats in the tenement and all happy to pay £50 each but can only do it because I have the Skyvac. That's the thing about this game, you need money to buy the equipment and that's what make's one the money. ?
The last four of your post have been you boasting ?

Blady hell you offer bin cleaning I did some once for a commercial job never again the stench was to over powering for me ???

When I worked for a company it was 8am start. Always thought that was to early to be putting ladders up. Kids getting ready for school etc. Have always started at 9 when I went on my own.

Back