Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recycling empty chemical containers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have the same problem John they won’t take them back and re use them in case they are damaged mine go to the recycling centre in the car ??? but unfortunately they go into non recycling skip !!!!!

Why dont you just rinse them out and put them on Gumtree/Fcebook Market place for £2 each. Gardiners/valetors or window cleaners always after them. If you wanted to buy them brand new of eBay there a tenner each...

Why dont you just rinse them out and put them on Gumtree/Fcebook Market place for £2 each. Gardiners/valetors or window cleaners always after them. If you wanted to buy them brand new of eBay there a tenner each...
Not on either of those platforms but know a lot that are and they constantly get messed about by ones saying they will come for something never turn up ,

Get one of they metal bins what are used for garden fires. Just put one in at a time with wood amd paper.
Burning plastic is illegal unless you have an ea authorisation number and also gives off noxious gasses and you are left with a horrible molten mess , no thanks ?? unfortunately we get through a considerable number each week it wouldn’t be practical to try and do that , used 20 drums over the last two weeks .

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
Burning plastic is illegal unless you have an ea authorisation number and also gives off noxious gasses and you are left with a horrible molten mess , no thanks ?? unfortunately we get through a considerable number each week it wouldn’t be practical to try and do that , used 20 drums over the last two weeks .

I know it's illegal, if you spread burning them out though no one would notice.

I know it's illegal, if you spread burning them out though no one would notice.
Seeing as ime in the fire service and responsible for reporting illegal burns I don’t think so , the fines are also very heavy up to 75 k and many are now being prosecuted we have a regular stream of them down hear ???

Seeing as ime in the fire service and responsible for reporting illegal burns I don’t think so , the fines are also very heavy up to 75 k and many are now being prosecuted we have a regular stream of them down hear ???
I didn't even notice the pic in your username tbh, maybe not the best idea for you then.

Back