Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Replacement O ring seals

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Brain like a sieve that makes two of us ?

If you can remember it would be greatly appreciated, I have found a good website which sells the nrb O rings which might be better suited for the job
Sugar, sieve brain kicked in. Just scraped and softwashed half my roof and when I came back in and got changed I noticed the Vernier callipers that I had out to remind me!!! Opps, I will measure them tomorrow, sorry.

When you find the correct O rings then do what I do and buy a dozen of them. Its saves time trying to reorder them in the future. I will be changing my old pump for a new one I have in stock and then I will order another two for my stock supply because it saves alot of time waiting on a new one to arrive. Folk think I'm overkill but Japan realised how crazy just in time was when covid hit relying on other companies.

The hozeloc o rings I have are not genuine ones and are made of EPDM.
For @Iron Giant
It is difficult to measure as the rubber flexes.

Dimensions:
diameter of rubber: 2.45mm
outer diameter: 16.0mm
inner diameter: 11.0mm

Hope that helps.

The hozeloc o rings I have are not genuine ones and are made of EPDM.
For @Iron Giant
It is difficult to measure as the rubber flexes.

Dimensions:
diameter of rubber: 2.45mm
outer diameter: 16.0mm
inner diameter: 11.0mm

Hope that helps.
Thanks for this, I am guessing that may be it could 2.50mm thickness, I am going to phone a company tomorrow that make O rings and see which rubber they recommend they can make them to order but I doubt I'll fulfil the minimum requirement

This is the website I've found https://www.accu.co.uk/o-rings/506699-HOR-11-2-5-FPM

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I am guessing that may be it could 2.50mm thickness, I am going to phone a company tomorrow that make O rings and see which rubber they recommend they can make them to order but I doubt I'll fulfil the minimum requirement

This is the website I've found https://www.accu.co.uk/o-rings/506699-HOR-11-2-5-FPM
Could you send them one that does fit so they can measure as I wouldn't like you to risk ££ on my measurements.

Could you send them one that does fit so they can measure as I wouldn't like you to risk ££ on my measurements.
In case previously you missed the fact that I'm a greedy Northerner I'll not waste a penny I'll give them the measurements you've taken and have a chat with them, as @spruce has said before at times things can be a hairs breath off so I'd assume sometimes things are round up a little a hairs breath off should be fine I want to ensure that I get the best composition fit for purpose.

@Iron Giant i have some spare ones if you need them, just drop me a message.
Thanks mate, I have a few of the generic spares just wanting to source the best ones fit for the job without having my eyes taken out, I figured if I can find a decent supplier for o rings it would not just benefit myself but other lads on here because £20 for 5 O rings from Waterworks is just daylight robbery

In case previously you missed the fact that I'm a greedy Northerner I'll not waste a penny I'll give them the measurements you've taken and have a chat with them, as @spruce has said before at times things can be a hairs breath off so I'd assume sometimes things are round up a little a hairs breath off should be fine I want to ensure that I get the best composition fit for purpose.
Bloody hell mate @kevinc250 is a Yorkshire man doubt it's possible to be tighter than him ?

Last edited:
Update on this, the cheap ones from eBay are wearing out at a rate of knots. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good supplier and advise what type of rubber they need to be made from?
Scroll back through this thread I found a company that makes them using different materials.

Keep us updated mate
A quick Google tells me that Nitrile is the cheap option, most commonly used. EPDM is a stronger solution and silicon is used for applications with fuel. Based on these three alone I would think EPDM the best option. The Viton stuff however looks to be better at higher temperatures so may be the one I need. The only issue with this website is the postage is £10. Im gonna need to spend £50 and order 26 of them to make it worth my while. Still cheaper than the replacement part that was suggested to me by the supplier.

Back