Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Shortage In The Uk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Since the new build up the road my Tds levels which was 70ppm back in December rose to 129ppm and now dropping back to 94 I am reliant on resin and go through a bag a month which equates to roughly 5 or 6 quid a day and I've got 2 bags in front but I may buy another bag. I've no issues with buying the stuff (my job is now so much easier) but I am reliant on a constant supply. I may look at the Ro route, which is cheaper down the line but i read of guys on here who have problems when it doesn't work properly which kind of puts me off so I'll wait and see.

Since the new build up the road my Tds levels which was 70ppm back in December rose to 129ppm and now dropping back to 94 I am reliant on resin and go through a bag a month which equates to roughly 5 or 6 quid a day and I've got 2 bags in front but I may buy another bag. I've no issues with buying the stuff (my job is now so much easier) but I am reliant on a constant supply. I may look at the Ro route, which is cheaper down the line but i read of guys on here who have problems when it doesn't work properly which kind of puts me off so I'll wait and see.
You can always have the double DI as a back up if RO plays up 

Resin shortage plays to the window cleaner suppliers of our supplies, so happy days for them, year of the RO

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think it depends on how you look at it.

If the manufacturer has an issue because he can't get the raw materials he needs then he is loosing money. He still has the running costs of a factory whether he is producing product or not.  Not being able to manufacture product means a loss of profits and market share.

The manufacturer who has a reliable supply is in the proverbial pound seats as he can up his price due to the supply situation his competitors are in.

The retailers like Daqua will probably not be selling as much Tulsion as they did because of irratic supply, so they loose out. If their customer manages to get a supply somewhere else, then there is also the possibility that Doug looses a customer. Daqua will also have to spend more manpower on managing the supply of what they have in stock. They would probably want 'ration' the quantities purchased so they have enough to go round to their customers. 

So @doug atkinson may supply me a single bag if I phoned him up, but I very much doubt he would supply me with 10 bags. If I was in his situation I wouldn't supply me 10 bags.

Shortages also cause exaggerated demands as people's first reaction is to hoard. So the suppliers tend to over order and when that shipment does arrive they have limited sales demand, putting a strain on that suppliers cash flow as they will have had to pay for the product up front.

Its not all roses I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a 25 l MB 115 tulsion at my supplier here in DK . We dont have shortage atm . But Who knows , if you guys have it , we will prob too ... :1f633:

The resin market is not about mixed bed resin as there are other resin which are more profitable for the manufacturer. I now no of one case not related to the window cleaning industry due to the shortage of resin he is now closing his business as reliant on it. It was a special resin.

A lot of hard work and effort is going into keeping some supply as the manufacturer has the right to say sorry we cannot make any mixed bed as we need the raw material for other products. If this does not improve it may well happen but we are facing a battle and hats off to the manufacturers they are working with us in this difficult time.

Prices will increase as everyone is chasing the same raw material which sends prices up.

The resin market is not about mixed bed resin as there are other resin which are more profitable for the manufacturer. I now no of one case not related to the window cleaning industry due to the shortage of resin he is now closing his business as reliant on it. It was a special resin.

A lot of hard work and effort is going into keeping some supply as the manufacturer has the right to say sorry we cannot make any mixed bed as we need the raw material for other products. If this does not improve it may well happen but we are facing a battle and hats off to the manufacturers they are working with us in this difficult time.

Prices will increase as everyone is chasing the same raw material which sends prices up.
Thanks for the insights Doug ! Apreciate it ! Maybe i should Stock up on it ..

This is a very scary situation. If mixed bed resin becomes unavailable at a future time, then it will change the window cleaning industry as we know it today.

Those of us in soft water areas will get by, but those in hard water areas will have major issues.

Back to ladders or wagtails on a pole.

Is resin the only way of polishing our water off?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very scary situation. If mixed bed resin becomes unavailable at a future time, then it will change the window cleaning industry as we know it today.

Those of us in soft water areas will get by, but those in hard water areas will have major issues.

Yes but large demin plants will have 1st Vessel Cation then second vessel Anion but they will have high spec softening grade prior.

Surely an efficient R/O that gets the TDS to below 10ppm would suffice, not ideal I know but better than Armageddon.  

A decent RO unit is the solution, even if i should turn to my RO it delivers 09 ppm at House water pressure , i wouldnt mind using it without DI . Just like it 000  :1f609:

But PF had that black stuff they said was Tulsion but from the States. It isn't/wasn't the genuine article.
You're right Spruce and they still do not have the genuine Tulsion. I know their supplier had stock from last year they could not shift, so they may have just found the way out in selling it by duping window cleaners!!!

is there any thing in the pipe line @doug atkinson like a super fast filling ro that can fill a 500l tank in 1 hour or something or a different type of resin new meterials thsat can do the job 

Back