Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Shortage In The Uk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

how much is it for a ro and booster pump dileverd im now very intrested in changing as i like to be perperd for this shortege 

tap tds is about 150 here, touch wood should be able to get away with a really efficent R.O

was going to go double D.I as ive just moved house and on a meter but im not wasting the bag i have left and im off to local supplier tomorrow to get another couple sacks.

dam dumping 50 %of water that sounds a lot as im on a water meter  :1f4a9:

depends on your TDS and water costs

my water is £1.28 per 1000 litres so at 50/50 thats will do a day, so about 6.50 a week in water

for me its cheaper to R.O than d.i even in a meter at my tds, which tends to be around 140 TDS

actually scratch that, you pay sewerage as well right? dont know costs yet as only had the meter a few days

but anyway, rather pay more water than run out of resin

Last edited by a moderator:
im in south west im not shore on the cost per 1000l i was under the inpressen it was £15 all in as there is a surege charge on top of the water  this is south west water

depends on your TDS and water costs

my water is £1.28 per 1000 litres so at 50/50 thats will do a day, so about 6.50 a week in water

for me its cheaper to R.O than d.i even in a meter at my tds, which tends to be around 140 TDS

actually scratch that, you pay sewerage as well right? dont know costs yet as only had the meter a few days

but anyway, rather pay more water than run out of resin
Fit a sub meter to your r/o and then you will be able to apply for a sewage refund on the amount that the r/o uses. The downside is that you will have to send them (your local water authority) a monthly reading of your consumption so they can deduct that from your bill.

When our water was 255ppm our 450gpd was bring the tds down to 4. In most places that's good enough to clean windows with. If I inspect the windows from inside at 5ppm I can see tiny tiny spots in bright low light sunshine. If there is no resin to polish that off then that will have to do.

At 2ppm a bag of Tulson lasts me 4 years. I have 1/2 a bag left, a resin change due with filter change so now and I will still have enough for the next year. If I stock up with resin I will have to leave it in my will to my son. :1f602:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a 450 gpd , tap 150ish ppm( water pressure brilliant) after ro its 003ppm I can get away without resin but still polish it to 000ppm.  Resin lasts months in my 7litre Di .   

Fit a sub meter to your r/o and then you will be able to apply for a sewage refund on the amount that the r/o uses. The downside is that you will have to send them (your local water authority) a monthly reading of your consumption so they can deduct that from your bill.

When our water was 255ppm our 450gpd was bring the tds down to 4. In most places that's good enough to clean windows with. If I inspect the windows from inside at 5ppm I can see tiny tiny spots in bright low light sunshine. If there is no resin to polish that off then that will have to do.

At 2ppm a bag of Tulson lasts me 4 years. I have 1/2 a bag left, a resin change due with filter change so I will still have enough for the next year. If I stock up with resin I will have to leave it in my will to my son. :1f602:
Maybe he wanna join , just take the expence out his allowance !  :1f603:

Back