Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinse bar tecnique video

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You get more flow but you pay for that with pressure. I suppose it depends on how dirty they are?

Rinse bars are great for maintenance cleaning but when there is a fair amount of cobwebs, bird muck, leaves etc etc then you're better off with some pressure to blast it all down the glass.

The one issue I am finding with the 14" rinse bar on the extreme is lots of tiny "bits" left on the glass, it doesn't happen as much with the shorter rinse bars.Its most likely down to the natural bristles holdng on to stuff. I spent half hour cleaning the brush up like new, only for it to become filthy again on the first window. The muck mostly comes from the sills but I cant be bothered walking around with a wet cloth in my pocket all day.

And the low pressure 26cm rinse bar is kind of a double whammy because it "rinse bars" and its great for rinsing off too as there is plenty of pressure there. 
I find fanning down the window the flow And rinse is better for maintenance cleans I love the 35cm medium hybrid extreme combo..

Just to add I always have a sill clothing my pouch for the bottom windows help saves any brush clogging up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a particular job with large modern windows that would be perfect for a rinse bar. Might give it a try. I've got the job down from 4 days to 2.5 now by using a wider brush etc, but if I could get it into 2 days would be great.

I find fanning down the window the flow And rinse is better for maintenance cleans I love the 35cm medium hybrid extreme combo..

Just to add I always have a sill clothing my pouch for the bottom windows help saves any brush clogging up. 
I like being able to simply go up and down, agitating and rinsing combined. Super easy and quick. Its just them damn little microscopic (sometimes larger) "bits". I'm not even sure if I should be bothered about them? They seem to disappear when dried, on phillic glass you can see them well as the cascading water has to go around them as it drains down the glass.

Even with pencil jets though you still get the odd little bits left there after rinsing unless you really over rinse it. 

I always carry a cloth but dont like using it on soaking wet sills as becomes soaking wet too, maybe a 6" squeegee instead? Thats where the most of the **** comes from, the sills.

I found putting the brush under the garden tap and giving it a thorough rinse at high flow does a good job of cleaning it, I also carry a comb to remove **** too.

You get more flow but you pay for that with pressure. I suppose it depends on how dirty they are?

Rinse bars are great for maintenance cleaning but when there is a fair amount of cobwebs, bird muck, leaves etc etc then you're better off with some pressure to blast it all down the glass.

The one issue I am finding with the 14" rinse bar on the extreme is lots of tiny "bits" left on the glass, it doesn't happen as much with the shorter rinse bars.Its most likely down to the natural bristles holdng on to stuff. I spent half hour cleaning the brush up like new, only for it to become filthy again on the first window. The muck mostly comes from the sills but I cant be bothered walking around with a wet cloth in my pocket all day.

And the low pressure 26cm rinse bar is kind of a double whammy because it "rinse bars" and its great for rinsing off too as there is plenty of pressure there. 
The extra flow is what I was hoping for to help rinse down those tiny specks of dirt that are a pain to rinse down on self-cleaning glass as I already have a powerful rinse with my 1mm jets and even with rinsing on the glass on these roofs those tiny specks take forever to rinse down.

We use 6” squeegee also lol if 50/50 what I use squeegee or cloth as sometime you may have a little insect pooh and I find a sill cloth easier to get off the sill than the squeegee even take the scrap pad on my pole on touch insect pooh.

One thing I have noticed when using the 35cm extreme is it develops a natural curve at each end due to cleaning the frames nothing major the very ends of the brush dont  make as much contact as the middle maybe this is contributing to you leaving a tiny bits on the glass? 

The extra flow is what I was hoping for to help rinse down those tiny specks of dirt that are a pain to rinse down on self-cleaning glass as I already have a powerful rinse with my 1mm jets and even with rinsing on the glass on these roofs those tiny specks take forever to rinse down.
Get the 32 jet and open the pump right up! its like pouring water down the glass.

We use 6” squeegee also lol if 50/50 what I use squeegee or cloth as sometime you may have a little insect pooh and I find a sill cloth easier to get off the sill than the squeegee even take the scrap pad on my pole on touch insect pooh.

One thing I have noticed when using the 35cm extreme is it develops a natural curve at each end due to cleaning the frames nothing major the very ends of the brush dont  make as much contact as the middle maybe this is contributing to you leaving a tiny bits on the glass? 
My extreme is near perfect condition and shape, I cant even remember how old it is, at least a year or even two.

The bits here is just because of where I live, on the north wales coast. Some windows are like first cleans every 4 weeks, a real pain. The "bits" aren't as bad when using non-hybrid brushes. There's just something about the 14" extreme with rinse bar combo that you cant get with anything else, its the way the water rinses through the bristles, its like a 14" clean water "lick" on the glass its just perfect-apart from the little bits! I'll find a way to deal with that situation.

That is a bonkers amount of water by the look of it. 
its about 2/12 - 3 ltr per minute, but its over and done with in a flash. I actually save water with that set-up.

its not the quickest way to do every window, but on medium to large hydrophobic panes of glass I would never be without it now. An absolutely essential part of the tool box.

what pole were you using in the vid please
SLX 18 

Cant make my mind up weather to buy n 18 slx or a22 itll be my first new pole,mine are 2nd hand.You reached over that cony ok I see.I am 6ft tall and all my works domestic.What do you think please.Did you sell your Constructor? Why couldn't you get on with it?Cheers

Cant make my mind up weather to buy n 18 slx or a22 itll be my first new pole,mine are 2nd hand.You reached over that cony ok I see.I am 6ft tall and all my works domestic.What do you think please.Did you sell your Constructor? Why couldn't you get on with it?Cheers
Slx22 is a good pole I’m 6’2’ and can get townhouses with the slx22

if funds can stretch get a slx18 and slx25 otherwise get a slx22 good comprise.

nowdays I only use extreme poles and brushes. 

Slx22 is a good pole I’m 6’2’ and can get townhouses with the slx22

if funds can stretch get a slx18 and slx25 otherwise get a slx22 good comprise.

nowdays I only use extreme poles and brushes. 
Ive got a 33 carbon only pull it out once in a while but use it as an every day would that do as the 25? and then use the 18 as its a bit smaller than the 22?

I used to use the slx22 for everything and my son used the slx18 but the more townhouses we got I got him the slx25 as he is shorter than me and also got myself a slx18 as 95% of my round I could get away with the 18’  

only you know your own round so only you can decide?

personally I prefer the shorter closed length of the 18’ and 22’  over the 25’  which is longer.

Even now I use the extreme 18’ for moat of my work the extreme 25’ and extreme 35’ extensions come out when needed also extension 8 and 9 are used on 4 storey house. 

Get the 22, or better yet, get the 18 with the extension.

After using a 27 for years and then switching to an 18 the difference was huge, but after using the 18 for a while now I found that at 6 3" I can reach 90% of my work, but on the odd few a week I was having to struggle a little and clean with the pole overhead etc.

I recently bought the 18-22 extension and it really helps to get everything that was awkward, with ease. As the slx 18 still has an insulated base I can safely switch between the 18 and 22.

Then I have the 30ft used a handful of times per month.

I sold the constructer for three reasons,

1.  Too heavy, was a beast!

2. Was a real swine to take apart and put back together, took to long to do and was too much effort for me personally to have to do a regular basis. On a brush that expensive I would expect things to just "snap" and "pop" into place, but this was hard work trying to get the screws to match up and the bristle blades flush with the end caps.

3. For me...a major flaw...the rinse bar doesn't go all the way to the end of the brush. So the brush was wider than the rinse bar which made less versatile than a Gardiner rinse bar, some corners were just awkward to rinse into.

And, it didn't feel like a brush on the window. With the stiffer inner bristle it felt it was "scraping" along the glass, I could have left them out but the aggressive bristles is what attracted me to the constructor initially.

Thanks Paul.Ive currently been discussing the pros and cons of 18 or 22 on my resent post(I wanna buy a new pole)This will be my first new pole,my every day is a second hand C/F 33.You seem to favour the 18,does it feel noticeably lighter than the 22 in daily use?

I was very tempted to buy the constructor,when I first started,looked the bees knees,eccept that Perry didn't have a sill brush version in production.good job I didn't then.Although I thought it had one jet each end specifically for the corners.Hey ho

Back to the pole,do you pefere not to be hoseless?thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back