Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO SYSTEM FITTING ADVICE!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How long do they last? I'm starting to think it'd be less expensive sticking with double DI like I have been. Probably costs me about £500 a year in resin at the moment.
As long as you change pre filters when recommended and flush it regularly then a decent RO should last a good few years. I think someone who looks after there RO on here (maybe @spruce) said his membrane was something like 9 years old!!!

One think to mention is an RO will produce something like 40% pure and 60% waste. Where as a DI will be 100% pure so no waste water! I still think you would be better off with RO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for more than 250l actually. You might've talked me out of it. I know the price of resin. Are the RO filters that expensive?
Then you already know the answer. ? If it was a 400 then I would have considered it but I still believe you should have a 500 litre tank as a single operator to ensure you have enough water for a full day's work. You may not use a full 500 litres all the time but you have the capacity when you need it. You obviously need a van that will carry 500 litres such as a Transit T220/T230 lwb or bigger.

Having the extra water means you can wash and rinse quicker, although you do use more water on the wash phase of cleaning a window.

I can also recommend Doug at Daqua, I’ve just bought a 450gpd system from him and DI vessel and I can see why people recommend him. It was the easiest website to find what I need and it seems they make sure they only do quality stuff, he also knows what he’s talking about as regards setting up RO systems. They also seem to be the cheapest for good quality resin too.

I do have a question about an auto-shut off valve I need to install but I guess I’ll post that in a new thread rather than hijack this one!

Cheers guys for all the advice, really appreciate it. 

Spoke to Doug @ DAQUA and he advised me the same as you @Purejbin terms of what system to purchase etc. How are you finding that system & install? 

Looks like I am going for a 1000L ICB tank in my garage/garden & the 45O GPD from DAQUA - with existing DI vessel.

QUESTION/ADVICE; 

In terms of transferring water from the ICB to Van, just watched @Green Pro Clean Ltdfrom 2017 with the dirty water pump. Seems a real good investment so would something like this; https://www.toolstation.com/einhell-gc-dp-3730-dirty-water-pump/p50289?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjwytOEBhD5ARIsANnRjVhXZNRr4ZoMMrpjYkQVSwBB76aYQCUxnmFJkCDNiver9u7xRvJYj4QaAhhJEALw_wcB be suitable if any one knows? 

Also best place to get the "petrol pump" style hose/pump end for the actual filling? 

Thanks advance, 

How long do they last? I'm starting to think it'd be less expensive sticking with double DI like I have been. Probably costs me about £500 a year in resin at the moment.
I don't understand how anyone can spend £500 a year on resin, over 10 years that's 5k not taking into account increasing prices of resin, 

450gpd R/O about £200 but you do need the extras storage tank transfer pump etc, but that would be less than £500 in your first year on an R/O then pre-filter replacement which isn't that much or if you need faster production then spend the extra on a 40/40 and future proof yourself instead of wasting money on resin

Back