Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bwfc

I have had my Ro for 6 years & has served me well one from Ebay 450gpd, but has a small leak now & despite my best efforts can't sort it so looking for a better ro.
This one does about 200 litres in 6 hrs with aquatec booster pump. I seen a 600 gpd one from vyair at £260 & they say it should do 75 litres an hour is it too good to be true?

I'd honestly be surprised if it does what they say, I'm pretty sure they sold @tench0771 something similar and it didn't do what they said also it looks to me like they are just selling the cheap Chinese :poop: RO-400 Pumped Reverse Osmosis System - 400GPD / 63LPH - Vyair

I ran a small 450gpd R/O with a booster pump as required and it never produced that much pure as far as I recall I messed on with a small R/O and in the last few years they just didn't produce what I wanted in the end so I opted for a 40/21 from Daqua

I have had my Ro for 6 years & has served me well one from Ebay 450gpd, but has a small leak now & despite my best efforts can't sort it so looking for a better ro.
This one does about 200 litres in 6 hrs with aquatec booster pump. I seen a 600 gpd one from vyair at £260 & they say it should do 75 litres an hour is it too good to be true?

Why do you need a booster pump on your current r/o?
If you are looking at a 4021 or a 4040, then you need good water pressure and delivery.
We run our 4040 with an hf5 membrane. Our water pressure is 55psi and we don't use a booster pump. Our rear tap delivers 13lpm. I seem to remember one of the suppliers saying that you need 9lpm to run a 4040.
If you do have low water pressure, then you will need a booster pump.

I currently have a booster as otherwise the ro pure was taking ages to get through. This vyair one emailed me to say I shouldn't need a booster so am very tempted. Just wanted to know peoples opinions.

I currently have a booster as otherwise the ro pure was taking ages to get through. This vyair one emailed me to say I shouldn't need a booster so am very tempted. Just wanted to know peoples opinions.
If it's this booster pump Aquatec RO Booster Pump & Transformer - 24v | Window Cleaning Equipme - Pure Freedom it's too high pressure it delivers well over what the small membrane operating pressure is on a small R/O I bought one year's ago and used it on an ad-hoc basis, things to check are is your sediment filter clogged also if your membranes are the original one's then it may need replacing

The issues you are describing I had with an old R/O I went to the expense of replacing the membranes then a new R/O and months later production slowed right down again. I have no idea why I flushed my R/O as recommended and changed the pre-filters as required it was taking 12hrs to produce around 350ltrs, currently with my 40/21 and low and fluctuating water pressure it takes around 8hrs to produce over 400ltrs production has slowed down since I bought it a few months ago but the water has been colder for a while now despite our warm winter

How do Vyair know you don't need a booster pump with email communication?

You need to know what your water pressure actually is. Forget about Vyair, they will tell you anything to get a sale. My experience.

A water pressure gauge is sold by Screwfix.

You also need to work out what your flow rate is in litres per minute.

Without these figures, you can't make a decision.

In all honesty, at 50psi using a 450GPD r/o with Filmtec membranes and no booster pump, I had more than enough water for me on my own. When son joined me in 2008, it became an issue, as the r/o couldn't keep us both supplied with water without sharing it out toward the end of the week. I had and still have a float switch controlling the r/o which would switch the tap water off when my IBC tank was full. So I didn't need to monitor that.

When son-in-law joined us, I had no option but to change the 450gpd for a 4040. I don't regret doing that. What I do regret is not doing it sooner. That was 11.5 years ago. There are just 2 of us now, and we have plenty of water for our daily requirements.

How do Vyair know you don't need a booster pump with email communication?

You need to know what your water pressure actually is. Forget about Vyair, they will tell you anything to get a sale. My experience.

A water pressure gauge is sold by Screwfix.

You also need to work out what your flow rate is in litres per minute.

Without these figures, you can't make a decision.

In all honesty, at 50psi using a 450GPD r/o with Filmtec membranes and no booster pump, I had more than enough water for me on my own. When son joined me in 2008, it became an issue, as the r/o couldn't keep us both supplied with water without sharing it out toward the end of the week. I had and still have a float switch controlling the r/o which would switch the tap water off when my IBC tank was full. So I didn't need to monitor that.

When son-in-law joined us, I had no option but to change the 450gpd for a 4040. I don't regret doing that. What I do regret is not doing it sooner. That was 11.5 years ago. There are just 2 of us now, and we have plenty of water for our daily requirements.
Sorry they said if its 3 bar it won't need booster pump. Must get a pressure gauge from screwfix

Sorry they said if its 3 bar it won't need booster pump. Must get a pressure gauge from screwfix
3 bar is 42 psi. I know my HF5 low pressure membrane works less efficiently at 40psi than it does at 55psi. Yes, it still works, but I will use more resin polishing the pure off. That might not be an issue for me as our tap water tds is around 125 most of the time. However, if your tap water tds is around 400 that will make a big difference to resin usage.

Last time I looked, Vyair advertised low pressure membranes, which weren't low pressure when compared to our tap water pressure. When I looked at the Chinese manufacturer specs, they recorded a working pressure of 125psi. In yacht terms with seawater desalination membranes, they talk about water pressure of around 600psi. So 125psi is low pressure in comparison, but that's not helpful to us as window cleaners.

I would be talking to Doug at Daqua, rather than Vyair.

I just want to add this: Vyair sell water filtration.

Their focus is on fish keepers and of course water filtration for the drinks industry, amongst others. The water for these industries mostly doesn't need to be pure. The membranes and prefilters remove sediment, chlorine and metals and they add another filter to make the water taste better. If the membrane is only removing 80 or 90% of the dissolved solids, that's fine. We don't need that extra filter to make our water taste better, but we need more expensive, efficient membranes as we need to remove as much of the dissolved solids in our water as we can, as that saves resins costs.

I'd honestly be surprised if it does what they say, I'm pretty sure they sold @tench0771 something similar and it didn't do what they said also it looks to me like they are just selling the cheap Chinese :poop: RO-400 Pumped Reverse Osmosis System - 400GPD / 63LPH - Vyair

I ran a small 450gpd R/O with a booster pump as required and it never produced that much pure as far as I recall I messed on with a small R/O and in the last few years they just didn't produce what I wanted in the end so I opted for a 40/21 from Daqua
I got the 1200 gpd from streamline was meant to produce 200 litres ph but I’m getting 180 I think if memory serves me right ?

Got the vyair in the end as wanted to keep with John guest fittings. Seems fantastic flow produced just under 200 litres in around 1.45 mins! Anyway am little confused as when turn flush pure water doesn't drop?

Attachments

• 20240304_164756.jpg
    20240304_164756.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 6
Shouldn't it then piddle out? Also thought it would affect tds but it was 00 with it open or closed.

Latest Posts

Back