Rubbers Hard or soft!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Purus, Dec 1, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Purus

Purus Guest

Hi, sorry I am new to window cleaning and was wondering really what the difference between hard and soft rubber was, what would you use the different ones for?

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Guest

Hi
    I have just recently read somwhere that hard rubber for winter use and soft for summer.I think it is also a case of personal choice.
    Im sure I read it in the window cleaning warehouse catalogue.

3. Purus

Purus Guest

Thanks, thats a big help, there is so much I don't know, and have had a lot of good advice on here!

4. Masons

Masons Guru

I use medium.
    10years medium.

5. Hard takes more pressure on the squeeggee but they will last longer, soft not as much pressure needed but will wear out quicker, don't think its anything to do with summer/winter. I always used soft as they are easier to use and last absolutley ages anyways and remember you can always turn it over before throwing it away using both sides

6. laddergarder

Yeah, I am the same, I only use soft rubbers, I don't really like using hard rubbers, but I have read that thing about summer, winter somewhere before.

7. A.K WINDOWS

i use soft gone to unger from pulex its good but dont last long i get a day on average out of each side costs me £2 a lenth thats for a 13inch

8. A day!!!! my soft ones used to last months, what are you doing with them

9. A.K WINDOWS

lasts a day col starts pulling ect streaks.p1ssing me off to be fair lol always buying rubber!!i do around 120 windows a day alltogether.

when you said your last ages i thought how lol???

10. no idea but i used to do arounf thirty house a day with no issues

Advertisement