Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rubbish weather Christmas rush!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Might go wrong I guess lol
There are plenty of people in the world that get it right mate, but since you already have an established business, no matter how much he pays to join you, it will always feel like your baby.

Worst of it is. Don't even need any capital. Would just need more work. Which we could get. Anyway. That's for another thread /emoticons/smile.png

I think I started one here out of intrest what rota do you lads run seems I'm well behind but 60% of my residential work is 8 week 20% 6 week other 20% 12 week comercial is mostly monthly

I only offer monthly or 2 monthly

That way if it's a long month i get a few days off

I don't go by date just 1st week of the month.. 2nd week of the month etc

As for letting someone do my round while I'm away is somet I would never do
It certainly is not some random Joe, there is only one lad I trust to do it and he never lets me down. Don't get me wrong, it cost me 50% of the work he does but it's better than 0% and getting behind.

Is there a problem with being behind on a round or not agreeing to clean in the rain
There's no problem with being behind, if that's how you like to work, personally that would do my nut in, I am OCD about staying on schedule. As for working in the rain, that is subjective, I don't work in hurricains or a monsoon, and I don't often work in that bloody persistent rain that just wont stop and soaks you to the bone, however loads of windys say 'Couldnt work today it was raining' well most days it DOES NOT rain ALL DAY, if it stops by say 1pm I am right out on the glass getting done what I can as I loath being behind.

I'm just probably not right into it like you.
Thank the gods for that. /emoticons/tongue.png

This game is horses for courses, whilst I will agree there is no 'right way' or 'wrong way' to run a round I believe my way is the only way for me.

I think it's good to get other opions a lot of the window cleaners round here I don't really listen to as the say they rich but never seem to do any work I think my round has spireld out of control the last 6 months as bigger comericail work has come in still it's a nice problem to have would be moaning if the other way .

I'm well behind but 60% of my residential work is 8 week
By logical reasoning if you are 3 weeks behind that means that they (the customer) have not seen a window cleaner in 3 months.

Around my way I can guarantee that if you haven't seen a customer in 3 months (other than by agreement) they will be keeping their eye out for a new windy.

In Notts all the customers are on monthly cleans or bi-monthly. I dont work by number of weeks as i believe that can get you in a mess I work by the month.

Perhaps this will help you see how I stay on track as well as I do.

1st Monday - Smith St

1st Tuesday - Brown St

1st Wed - James St

1st Thurs - High St

1st Fri - Green St

2nd Mon - Cook st

2nd Tues - Queens RD

2nd Wed - Hill Road

2nd Thurs - Coronation St

2nd Fri - Rover st

And continue the scheduling for weeks 3 and 4, however only for 4 weeks as every month has 4 weeks

Now I will also state that I have super compacted rounds, I will start at 8am first job and done by 2pm (leaves 2.5 hours per day for catch up if behind)

Also this means that I am only working 40 weeks per year out of 52, that's almost 90 days available if needed for catch ups.

Now lets look at March of net year: The 1st of March is the 1st Tuesday (Smith St) and the last round day of the month will be the 4th Monday (Which comes after the 4th tues, wed, thurs & fri in March) So March has a 5th tues, wed & thurs for either cath up, gutter jobs etc, or a couple of nights away.

Now I am not knocking anyone and as I said earlier how you run your round is your choice and I don't claim my way to be the only way but it is the only way that works for me. Some of the schedules kept by some on here seem so random I would not be able to sleep at night, it would do my bonce in.

Back