Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sack barrow/truck for a BigBoy backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HRLZ

Hey... so I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction for a good sack barrow/truck for a BigBoy backpack (anything with a snug fit) because there is no way in hell I'm lugging that thing around on my back all day lol.
Apologies if this has been asked before but I've looked around the forum and cant find any info

Hey... so I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction for a good sack barrow/truck for a BigBoy backpack (anything with a snug fit) because there is no way in hell I'm lugging that thing around on my back all day lol.
Apologies if this has been asked before but I've looked around the forum and cant find any info
I got this little one from screwfix last week for my Gardiner backpack. So far so good. Goes across gravel well too. £35

Attachments

• EA74AE91-46EC-4B8B-A321-26E522E66F72.jpeg
    EA74AE91-46EC-4B8B-A321-26E522E66F72.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
@HRLZ I have this Einhell one from Toolstation. It was about £45, but has lasted miles longer than the cheaper ones I'd previously purchased which were about £20 or so. It has a slidy handle and the footplate also folds upwards so is very easy to store. I put bungee cords around it when in use.

Attachments

• 48872.jpg
    48872.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
@HRLZ I have this Einhell one from Toolstation. It was about £45, but has lasted miles longer than the cheaper ones I'd previously purchased which were about £20 or so. It has a slidy handle and the footplate also folds upwards so is very easy to store. I put bungee cords around it when in use.
Absolute garbage and waste of money

I got this little one from screwfix last week for my Gardiner backpack. So far so good. Goes across gravel well too. £35
This is also garbage and breaks in no time
Spend some money and buy quality and buy it only once
Price new equipment into your work and buy it because you need something that will last and not require you to buy more because you took a risk the last time

The Handy Heavy Duty Foldable Sack Truck, 200kg Max Load - 2 Year Guarantee https://amzn.eu/d/6OaLkHY

Judging from your OP you are looking at using it all day, at least for the time being. Based on that I would recommend the one AW suggests as the larger wheels will make it more versatile on different surfaces and way more comfortable to use.
I'm coming from 17 years as an all day trolley user. Anything with small narrow wheels will be a nightmare on on anything other than dead smooth pavements. Around where I live they are terrible.

Judging from your OP you are looking at using it all day, at least for the time being. Based on that I would recommend the one AW suggests as the larger wheels will make it more versatile on different surfaces and way more comfortable to use.
I'm coming from 17 years as an all day trolley user. Anything with small narrow wheels will be a nightmare on on anything other than dead smooth pavements. Around where I live they are terrible.
I've seen countless posts on multiple platforms over the years where new starters into the industry are looking for a trolley / sack truck recommendation and you always see the cheapest, thinnest & smaller trolleys come into the comments.

Many new starters and even seasoned window cleaners are hard as hell on all their equipment and kit breaks
They don't consider the actual weight of a backpack full of water. For example a facelift big boy 2 full of water including the actual backpack is some 30kg and water being liquid had mass, it causes uneven forces and has kinetic energy which in the long run cause increased stress loading on the trolley and it's component parts.

When you use a trolley and backpack all day you are dragging it over curbs, gravel, uneven patio slabs and the pulling back of the handle will shear the welds or jointed substrate and it then snaps.

I wouldn't recommend a Handy sack truck if I didn't trust them and I'm fully aware of absolute hammering they can take.

I've made and sold 25 trolley systems over the last 8 years and all of them have used the handy brand sack truck and not one that's still in daily use has failed

I know this trade is expensive and demanding but you have to spend decent money on equipment and price that equipment into your work.

This is also garbage and breaks in no time

Spend some money and buy quality and buy it only once
Price new equipment into your work and buy it because you need something that will last and not require you to buy more because you took a risk the last time

The Handy Heavy Duty Foldable Sack Truck, 200kg Max Load - 2 Year Guarantee https://amzn.eu/d/6OaLkHY
If he’s on a budget with limited space, the smaller ones could be a good choice.
As I said with mine, so far so good.

I've seen countless posts on multiple platforms over the years where new starters into the industry are looking for a trolley / sack truck recommendation and you always see the cheapest, thinnest & smaller trolleys come into the comments.

Many new starters and even seasoned window cleaners are hard as hell on all their equipment and kit breaks
They don't consider the actual weight of a backpack full of water. For example a facelift big boy 2 full of water including the actual backpack is some 30kg and water being liquid had mass, it causes uneven forces and has kinetic energy which in the long run cause increased stress loading on the trolley and it's component parts.

When you use a trolley and backpack all day you are dragging it over curbs, gravel, uneven patio slabs and the pulling back of the handle will shear the welds or jointed substrate and it then snaps.

I wouldn't recommend a Handy sack truck if I didn't trust them and I'm fully aware of absolute hammering they can take.

I've made and sold 25 trolley systems over the last 8 years and all of them have used the handy brand sack truck and not one that's still in daily use has failed

I know this trade is expensive and demanding but you have to spend decent money on equipment and price that equipment into your work.

By the way, if you need argumentative essay samples, check out https://studyhelper.com/argumentative-essay-samples. Might be helpful for essay breaks between jobs! 😉"
Investing in reliable equipment like the Handy sack truck pays off big time. And don't forget to factor those costs into your pricing!

The first time I played around with a backpack was back in 2007. A good friend of mine gave me an opportunity to practice on some wfp work of his just before I got my own kit.

The first job we did was a factory unit. So off he marched round one side of the building with his hose and pole running out the back of his Ford Ranger and I headed off round the other side carrying a Gardiner backpack. It was so heavy I remember thinking - "This is supposed to be easier? You gotta be kidding."
So I put it on my Back, and for about two seconds thought - "This is much better." Then I extended the pole looked up and nearly ended up flat on my back on the floor. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I knew right then I was not going to using a backpack for extended periods. So I ended up getting a Pure Freedom mk2 trolley because I foresaw big problems with parking where a large portion of my work was and still is, and also didn't want to be running out long lengths of hose to reach other areas. (In some cases it would have needed to be around 200m).
The PF trolley turned out to be the best thing for me. They are so well built we still use that trolley to this day along with another I bought in 2014.

I use a old newspaper trolly I got of Ebay with a bit of plywood on the base works amazing

This is a solid well built trolley. Better off with something that doesn't rust.

The only problem with the design which is a copy of THST is that the upright frame bars are slightly wider than a backpack and it doesn't sit very well even with a cam buckle strap.

I end up retro fitting mine with an aluminium 5 bar thread sheet / checkerplate and rubber lined P clips

I just put a ratchet strap around it. Doesn't move.

Will see how it goes, I got sick off buying those Einhill trollies that fall apart and rust.

Ideally I would buy stainless steel but it's too expensive these days.

Back