Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scargill tanks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You would not be going far wrong with a scargill tank, have one made by him 350ltr, baffled, insulated and immersion fitted to heat it. So far it has not skipped a beat, and the baffling is really good.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You would not be going far wrong with a scargill tank, have one made by him 350ltr, baffled, insulated and immersion fitted to heat it. So far it has not skipped a beat, and the baffling is really good.

Did you fit it yourself or have it fitted at his premises.

ive got one of his lay flat tanks in a connect and to be honsest its the biggest pile or poop ive ever bought , the after care service is shocking at best , i would stop away from him  

@Julian Noddy Dean whats the issues you've experienced.

What makes it so poor and why was it not dealt with properly?

Cheers
the lids never stopped  leaking water from day 1 , after 100 txes and many phone calls ive given up on that one , the tank air locks all the time , even when parked on the flat with over half a tank on water left in it , after two years of working the set up looks like its over 20 years old  , poor quality tank that we paid top money for , i got much better service from stranded tanks bought off ebay   

when we went to pick it up , my brand new tanks was just layed in his back garden with a cover over it and looked like it at been there for weeks , he had not followed the way i wanted in built and did what he wanted , putting the hose reels in the wrong place !

i am going to be pulling this tank out this week and binning it as we cant stand it any more 

A contrasting experience. It was relatively simple to fit as long as you check and recheck as you go along, making sure you don't drill through the wrong place,i.e. the fuel tank. In fairness I did have to push a bit to find out details but I have had no problems with the tank at all,came built to my standard, and so far has served me well.

Oh wow. Doesnt sound great. Unless it was just a lemon. But would of hoped it'd be resolved.

Have to be honest your the 1st bad review ive heard but good to hear a flip side. 

the lids never stopped  leaking water from day 1 , after 100 txes and many phone calls ive given up on that one , the tank air locks all the time , even when parked on the flat with over half a tank on water left in it , after two years of working the set up looks like its over 20 years old  , poor quality tank that we paid top money for , i got much better service from stranded tanks bought off ebay   

when we went to pick it up , my brand new tanks was just layed in his back garden with a cover over it and looked like it at been there for weeks , he had not followed the way i wanted in built and did what he wanted , putting the hose reels in the wrong place !

i am going to be pulling this tank out this week and binning it as we cant stand it any more 
actually steves tanks are very good value,and when you factor in all the ancillaries needed to complete they compare very well in price to the off the shelf stystems,a flat tank can't air lock when its half full/empty as i have one of steves flat tanks and have never experienced that,neither have any of my friends who also have them and have never had that-i asked them all over the last few days and NONE of them had had this happen with a half full/empty tank ,yes the lids can leak when the tank is full and the road camber causes the mass of water to leak out-it happens on every flat tank-get over it.even if they do air lock-it has happened on mine when its so low(around 100 litres left)its no biggy to purge the air through-takes a minite to do,

as to the tank looking twenty years old,with a flat tank people place all sorts of things on top of them,so they will show some wear and tear-thats down to you to manage,you say you have three vans if i am correct?,if so then thats down to managing your staff on keeping things tidy,thats if you provide places to put poles etc,if not then the top of the tank suffices doesn't it? something doesn't really add up here

He has actually just started working with another company to build and sort out the production problem. Come next year its going to be exciting times for them.

actually steves tanks are very good value,and when you factor in all the ancillaries needed to complete they compare very well in price to the off the shelf stystems,a flat tank can't air lock when its half full/empty as i have one of steves flat tanks and have never experienced that,neither have any of my friends who also have them and have never had that-i asked them all over the last few days and NONE of them had had this happen with a half full/empty tank ,yes the lids can leak when the tank is full and the road camber causes the mass of water to leak out-it happens on every flat tank-get over it.even if they do air lock-it has happened on mine when its so low(around 100 litres left)its no biggy to purge the air through-takes a minite to do,

as to the tank looking twenty years old,with a flat tank people place all sorts of things on top of them,so they will show some wear and tear-thats down to you to manage,you say you have three vans if i am correct?,if so then thats down to managing your staff on keeping things tidy,thats if you provide places to put poles etc,if not then the top of the tank suffices doesn't it? something doesn't really add up here
some thing doent add up here ???  lol no need to start telling me how to suck eggs kevin as i pay more vat a year then most earn a year so i know i thing or two about tanks and cleaning windows 

some thing doent add up here ???  lol no need to start telling me how to suck eggs kevin as i pay more vat a year then most earn a year so i know i thing or two about tanks and cleaning windows 
What does how much vat you pay have to do with it?

i'm not telling you how to suck eggs,what i am saying is that if you have a flat tank on level ground and you have an air lock then,this is a problem that needs sorting,mine does not and,as i have said,the other guys i know with the same tanks don't have that issue,so,something could be wrong,or,putting it more correctly you may just have an issue with certain parts of your stystem that may need addressing,

as for paying more vat a year than most earn,well,thats either willy waving or a put down to many members on here including myself, i'm sure they'll decide which way they see that comment.

come to think of that statement,you say you pay more vat than most earn in a year yet,you quite clearly said in a post that you have had better tanks from ebay? so that would be second hand i guess?.

if i was vat registered i would have thought it would be more benificial financially to buy new so you can claim the vat back,not second hand and in cash i presume?

Latest Posts

Back