Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Screw fix degreaser £5.99

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Great, sounds like it's similar to a lot of pvc solvent cleaners. But has anyone had any success applying it on upstairs windows from the ground either via a sprayer or spraying the brush head?

Or would an industrial cream cleaner be better for removing grey from frames at a height?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to restore frames that are too difficult to access by ladder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up some screwfix no nonsense heavy duty degreaser.  What type of mix do the people who have this use? 

I'm guessing it is mainly for first cleans?

How do you use with WFP? Is it the case of spraying the brush to do the tops? 

Don't want to put through my backpack.

Just picked up some screwfix no nonsense heavy duty degreaser.  What type of mix do the people who have this use? 

I'm guessing it is mainly for first cleans?

How do you use with WFP? Is it the case of spraying the brush to do the tops? 

Don't want to put through my backpack.
I use these type of de greasers for conny roofs and soffit and fascia cleans.

I like a strong mix of around 5-1 to annihilate the algae.

Never felt the need to use them on first cleans personally, I just clean the windows twice and charge double on first cleans.

I don’t want nothing messing with my pure water, although others disagree (peasants ?)

I use these type of de greasers for conny roofs and soffit and fascia cleans.

I like a strong mix of around 5-1 to annihilate the algae.

Never felt the need to use them on first cleans personally, I just clean the windows twice and charge double on first cleans.

I don’t want nothing messing with my pure water, although others disagree (peasants ?)
Will only be using WFP, done a neighbour's for free they were proper minging. Could not get the tops 100% clean just using the wfp. 

Just wondering how people do first cleans using just the wfp with regards to 1st and 2nd floors, ground floor not a problem.

Im thinking wet the window, then spray the brush with degreaser, scrub the frames and glass, then rinse. 

Will only be using WFP, done a neighbour's for free they were proper minging. Could not get the tops 100% clean just using the wfp. 

Just wondering how people do first cleans using just the wfp with regards to 1st and 2nd floors, ground floor not a problem.

Im thinking wet the window, then spray the brush with degreaser, scrub the frames and glass, then rinse. 
Ladder - your talking about a restore job if you want rid of the grey. The only option is to get the solvent cleaner/magic sponge/cream cleaner on it up close and personal. I don’t know if any TFR that will remove the grey marks 100%

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back