Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Would it be covered by your public liabilty insurance, or do you need some other type of insurance as they're not exactly windows are they. If solarsteve reads this perhaps you could help. Thanks.

you would need to add this to make sure it is covered, it can make the cost of insurance go up. thats why mine is £120 a year!

I'm covered with gleaming to clean solar panels also my policy covers me for a host of other cleaning services too. /emoticons/wink.png

I'm covered with gleaming to clean solar panels also my policy covers me for a host of other cleaning services too. /emoticons/wink.png
yer gleaming is good for things like that, they cover a lot of things! im not with them tho,

Gleaming!

Gleaming!

Gleaming!

Gleaming!

Gleaming!

Gleaming!

Gleaming!

Lol, gleaming is that good, and covers everything cleaning wise, even cleaning windows, which public liability doesnt cover for!

good idea to get insurance for solar panel cleaning!

How long do you think it will take before cleaners start scratching the hell out of the panels?

Depends what they use....I would be more worried if part of the array goes faulty as they do and the windy gets the blame. :rolleyes:

good idea to get insurance for solar panel cleaning!
How long do you think it will take before cleaners start scratching the hell out of the panels?

Depends what they use....I would be more worried if part of the array goes faulty as they do and the windy gets the blame. :rolleyes:
Very true smurf and your insurance wont cover that! it`s not like window cleaning panels you can be sure will be expensive to replace if damaged.

My cover with gleaming includes damaging the items you are cleaning as standard. However I would assume on any claim all insurance companies would try to wriggle out of paying out if they can. :rolleyes:

Year after year we all pay out to get cover but I do not know of anyone yet that has had to make a claim using gleaming so hard to say if they are any good or not. :huh:

Well, kinda true smurf.....

If you brake something and it costs less then the excess, so excess with gleaming is £250, if you brake anything under that value, then you got to fork out yourself!

Solar panel cleaning definitely needs to be mentioned specifically in the wording of your policy for decent commercial clients who know what they are on about, they will request it.

Not likely residential clients will ask, but should something go wrong, you need to be covered. It is not as straight forward as cleaning windows. I know I keep saying this, but it isn't. You can think "Well I can clean windows, so I can clean solar." It is an industry all of its own.

Could you describe roughly what the knack is?

What can go wrong aside from smashing them?

Do you know how to isolate the panels? Can you do a RAMS? Like I've said before, the actual cleaning of the panel is the same as the windows. But if you looking to make it an add on to your business, a lot more is involved.

There is a solar training course in the pipeline, perhaps university accredited if all goes well. 3 years of my research, some university research, a solar installer and equipment supplier are the expertise I hope to get on board. Will be a great investment for those willing to learn.

So, come on Steve, who should we insure with? I spoke with 'Gleaming' today and solar panels are included, but the excess is 250. Diverting slightly, but how on earth are you going to do that much damage to a window? Does their insurance cover items not being worked on ie a parked car? I've not looked into it fully yet.

I honestly can't remember without digging all my paperwork out who I am insured with. I don't know what the excess is either, but if they have quoted you £250, that is a bargain compared with buying a new panel. :)

I've got the solar company on board,phoned them up and we are going to work in harmony together,will keep you updated lads.

Back