Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly prices!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Haha. I do that all the time. Partly because I'm just nosey plus it's always good to know your competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Same sort of area as me then. Do you clean glass only?
I clean them traditionally also, have never bothered converting them to wfp although I should. If the frames are dirty I would give them a wipe. They stay clean if you keep on top of them. I live In a village that is very small at that and has 4 or 5 window cleaners from it and his knows how many come through it. Everyone got a sniff of what's to be made at it so it can be quite competative. I only have a days work in it, if rather travel to the nearest town that's 12 mile away. That's where the money is  :25_money_mouth:

Mmmmm. I think having the work compact makes life easier, ok I've been doing this for over 20 years so that's easy for me to say. 

I have one road (Hayes lane, Bromley) which takes me nearly 4 days to do. Just park the van up, and we can bang out about 6-7 big 4 bedroom semi's in a row and a couple opposite with the trolley and backpack. 

Just constant earning so the van might move 5-6 times all day and that's to move it 100 metres or so.

This isn't boasting, it's making the point to work smarter not harder.

We are the opposite of taxi drivers, when our wheels are turning, were not earning. 

On a on a completely different subject, what's happened to the emojis? This new range is bobbins! 

Lifes not the same without the 'eek' emoji 

Last edited by a moderator:
i also have a road that takes me about 3 or 4 days and i dont move the van at all (just different position each day) I'm traditional but even when i go wfp i don't think i'll be moving the van unless its to go buy a coffee or a bacon sarnie!

I'm similar to a taxi driver - unless my squeegee is turning - I'm not earning....!!!  :3_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

this says we can earn 40k a year,  which to a bloke working in a warehouse on 12k seems a hell of a lot, and he probably thinks he can be cheaper and earn 20 k

http://www.cleaning-matters.co.uk/page_291469.asp
I know a sole trader on that sort of money. He has to graft for it and when the weather is poor he fills the gaps with pressure washing and gutters.

That article makes it sound easy! Alot of decent work, a couple of reliable lads, and a smart cookie organising it and you've got a fine business. Another bloke I know can cover maybe 2 of those 3 criteria on a good day  :3_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know a sole trader on that sort of money. He has to graft for it and when the weather is poor he fills the gaps with pressure washing and gutters.

That article makes it sound easy! Alot of decent work, a couple of reliable lads, and a smart cookie organising it and you've got a fine business. Another bloke I know can cover maybe 2 of those 3 criteria on a good day  :3_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but that link makes out it can be a 1 man band,  so should be even easier to earn 20k

There is another reason for low priced work...especially if, like round here, they also turn up in a decent van and wfp set up.

They give cheap prices so that they get the jobs......it's a nice little cover for if HMRC comes a knocking asking where all the money for the flash cars and houses comes from that they buy with proceeds from their "other" job at night.

There is another reason for low priced work...especially if, like round here, they also turn up in a decent van and wfp set up.

They give cheap prices so that they get the jobs......it's a nice little cover for if HMRC comes a knocking asking where all the money for the flash cars and houses comes from that they buy with proceeds from their "other" job at night.
My town centre shops are done by a company whose owner is well known for his other activities 

40k a year isn't hard 

It's an average of 153 quid a day monday to friday

Take away a couple of weeks for holiday but then take into account the add ons and 1 off jobs and days you do more than 153 and it is pretty easy

I agree sometimes better to be on own and stress free

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As my old boss used to say "don't ever employ anyone".... 

Quoted an Asian couple (don't ya just love 'em  :18_kissing_heart: ) today for windows - £8, the guy complained that the last bloke did them for a fiver but 'they were not happy with him'  :2_grinning: Told him £8 gets you windows you're happy with, a fiver does not lol. Ended up with the windows and a little patio wash for £50. Not great but will finish tomorrow off.

Mmmmm. I think having the work compact makes life easier, ok I've been doing this for over 20 years so that's easy for me to say. 
I have one road (Hayes lane, Bromley) which takes me nearly 4 days to do. Just park the van up, and we can bang out about 6-7 big 4 bedroom semi's in a row and a couple opposite with the trolley and backpack. 
Just constant earning so the van might move 5-6 times all day and that's to move it 100 metres or so.
This isn't boasting, it's making the point to work smarter not harder.
We are the opposite of taxi drivers, when our wheels are turning, were not earning. 

On a on a completely different subject, what's happened to the emojis? This new range is bobbins! 
Lifes not the same without the 'eek' emoji 
Same here I will have done 130 houses by tomorrow on this round all within 5 streets mostly 3bed semi's and I can cover 10 semi's in one run so minimal van movement. Next week I'm more spread out and I hate having to pack up and drive to next site but I try and charge more to cover the extra miles.

Oooh dunno about that IMHO. 

You're right that on good quality work 40k is eminently possible and on my good days (usually pressure washing or big houses) it would be a piece of cake but I've still got plenty of days that are poor.
It takes time

I do that on a daily basis as minimum nowadays but it takes hard work to get the round sorted 

I will do it tomorrow easily too even though it is my "bitty" day with bits dotted here and there

My town is only 12 miles to drive completely round the outside so nothing is ever too far away from the last job

Latest Posts

Back