Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly things people say

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When I first started in 1987 very rarely were gates locked up etc but now it’s endless. I have about 650 custies, so many want me to contact them the night before to open the side gates etc. if they are on holiday and they are away so can’t leave it open I just say no worries. Got plenty of work and I don’t mind the odd time they are away. Pretty reasonable request. But if it’s often then dumped for better custies 😀
I appreciate what you are saying, but for me I clean the fronts and charge at least my minimum charge of £10.00 if prior notice is given,

if a gate is locked and I've not received reasonable notice I'll charge the full price, but the vast majority of my customers pay by Direct debit so it's automatically charged.

The customers that I do text typically don't reply, for any reason, just the odd one.

Ah ok that puts it in a different light 👍
I had one the other week daughter came and asked if her mam could skip the clean as she was looking after her puppy, I said yes OK,

When I cleaned the next door neighbour's house I got a fleeting glance through the garden fence patio doors were shut and they were sat out enjoying the sun, she got charged full price,

Then messaged me later about the direct debit charge, I told her cancelling for a puppy wasn't a reasonable excuse and neither was the last minute notice appreciated, she replied I would have just had them cleaned if I was going to be charged, early finish for me and still a full day's earnings 🤣

Gotta be balanced. You can usually sniff out those who blow hot and cold, and they’ll be dropped, but some you just need to rearrange a longer schedule between cleans and then charge accordingly. Do them every other time you’re in the road. Often it doesn’t take much longer to clean one at a 2 month schedule over a 1 monther but you’ve added a bit extra anyway. Tell them that’s how it works and if they like you they’ll go with it. Keeps the round intact and stops others chipping in and potentially wreaking your customer base if some customers now jump ship to the new boy.

Whe your midway through cleaning a house either up a ladder or using the pole, with a van parked saying window cleaner on it.

They come up and still aren't to sure if you are a window cleaner so they start by saying, "are you the window cleaner"?. I sometimes say, what gave it away ?.
🤣 I work part time at a climbing wall, people come in a say "I want to climb". I love the friendly sarcasm of just saying. "I'm afraid we don't do that here"

Back