Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky vac commercial

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The wire reinforced one is the same hose omnivac used years ago it’s very good stuff coils up easily and very lite , I still have some but it’s that old it splits when you bend it must remember to remove the ends and chuck it out ??

Yes I agree but don’t know if it will fit the interceptor fittings @Julia Martin if it will I might get that . 
Although the hose are 51mm ID, the outer are very different as I show in this video.  Not knowing the interceptor fitting would make that difficult  to answer but I can tell you the outer diameter of the hi-vis is 63mm

We've gone way off topic now lol.

So is it worth paying the extra for the individual?

I'm guessing both the commercial and industrial are much better then the old atom and far more reliable?

I am not keen on the wire reinforced hose.. If you suck up certain objects i.e. bit of brick/slate and it gets stuck in the hose its a pain in the **** removing it and it bends the hose out of shape. It handy for storing in the drum though..

4 hours ago, GVS Julia Martin said:

Although the hose are 51mm ID, the outer are very different as I show in this video.  Not knowing the interceptor fitting would make that difficult  to answer but I can tell you the outer diameter of the hi-vis is 63mm

Thanks Julia very helpful I will give you a ring Monday and look at the fittings to see if they will fit .

I am not keen on the wire reinforced hose.. If you suck up certain objects i.e. bit of brick/slate and it gets stuck in the hose its a pain in the **** removing it and it bends the hose out of shape. It handy for storing in the drum though..
I used it for years on my omnivac with no problem but you do have to be careful not to tread on it as you will crush the wire , it’s very lite and flexible and will coil up in the vac drum easily that’s what I like about it . 

Just to confirm the commercial its 3 motors now used to be 2. It's the same power as the industrial will be testing it out Saturday have 3 jobs booked in.

The industrial now has some extras in comparison. 

Just watched that video. Did not know I had to find a 3600w extension cable.  Can anyone recommend one? Also didn't know it had to be unwinded fully? That's a bit annoying say on small jobs?

If you have a decent extension cable and it's only a short job you won't need to fully unwind it. Don't Spinaclean sell an extension cable.
I did ask when I got the commercial  but I'm sure they said no.ill have to ask again.

I need it tho for Saturday.  Will I be okay with one from screwfix?

What one have you got?

Just to confirm the commercial its 3 motors now used to be 2. It's the same power as the industrial will be testing it out Saturday have 3 jobs booked in.

The industrial now has some extras in comparison. 

Just watched that video. Did not know I had to find a 3600w extension cable.  Can anyone recommend one? Also didn't know it had to be unwinded fully? That's a bit annoying say on small jobs?
Thank you for watching the video. Even with our compact 1700w Panther on a standard cheaper extension reel we would advise fully unwinding because of the reduced draw equating between 720w-1200w which isn’t enough.

So for our 3600w machines we sell the 9” Draper which is the cheaper 2.5mm cable version and the 12” (thicker cable) version. We have made the 12” easier to use where the 9” has a cable too big for the size of the standard reel. 

if you do not fully unwind, then the draw will be minimal resulting in a hot plug, fuse blown, thermal cutout kicking in or potentially the cable melting as the heat generated cannot dissipate which can potentially result in a fire. 

We obviously cannot speak for machines from other suppliers but for ours, this is the information we provide our customers on our Instagram and Facebook to keep them safe.

Hope this is of help, 

Julia

Thank you for watching the video. Even with our compact 1700w Panther on a standard cheaper extension reel we would advise fully unwinding because of the reduced draw equating between 720w-1200w which isn’t enough.

So for our 3600w machines we sell the 9” Draper which is the cheaper 2.5mm cable version and the 12” (thicker cable) version. We have made the 12” easier to use where the 9” has a cable too big for the size of the standard reel. 

if you do not fully unwind, then the draw will be minimal resulting in a hot plug, fuse blown, thermal cutout kicking in or potentially the cable melting as the heat generated cannot dissipate which can potentially result in a fire. 

We obviously cannot speak for machines from other suppliers but for ours, this is the information we provide our customers on our Instagram and Facebook to keep them safe.

Hope this is of help, 

Julia
Thanks it's a lot of help and I'll definitely have to unwind the hose however would I be ok to use a normal Screwfix extension lead for Saturday.  I have heard it can draw 3k in comparison to your 3600 one.?

I did ask when I got the commercial  but I'm sure they said no.ill have to ask again.

I need it tho for Saturday.  Will I be okay with one from screwfix?

What one have you got?
I have a 110v Vac with a loose heavy duty cable but can vac for 8 hours a day.

I ran a 3000 Kiam off a standard extension cable with a RCD plug, off a generator, without any problems for short spells. By all accounts it's not safe and don't know how safe that would be using customers power.

You should be able to buy a heavy duty extension cable locally.

Thanks it's a lot of help and I'll definitely have to unwind the hose however would I be ok to use a normal Screwfix extension lead for Saturday.  I have heard it can draw 3k in comparison to your 3600 one.?
A standard will draw 3120w. For our customers using a reel with a machine rated over that I would actually advise two motors when on prolonged use. And also using a RCD for domestic protection IF you do use all three motors. That way you do not cut their electrics, just up to the cable.

A standard will draw 3120w. For our customers using a reel with a machine rated over that I would actually advise two motors when on prolonged use. And also using a RCD for domestic protection IF you do use all three motors. That way you do not cut their electrics, just up to the cable.
Hi I'm focusing on small jobs so technically speaking I don't think the vacuum will be on for more than about 20 minutes per side of the house.

So any heavy duty from the local hardware shop should be fine?

Try and get an extension cable of 2.5mm cable as that can carry the current. I realise that it may only be 20 mins per side but a wound extension cable will heat up a lot if you are pulling 3000watts through it. The problem is that you can feel any heat on the outside but the inner coils are the ones that heat most as they are all together with little heat dissipation. It's quite easy for the heat to build up then you have a fire - it won't blow a fuse as it's just the electromagnetic fields creating the heat from being in a circle not extra current! 

I would advise to never use an extension cable that is wound on it's reel! 

Try and get an extension cable of 2.5mm cable as that can carry the current. I realise that it may only be 20 mins per side but a wound extension cable will heat up a lot if you are pulling 3000watts through it. The problem is that you can feel any heat on the outside but the inner coils are the ones that heat most as they are all together with little heat dissipation. It's quite easy for the heat to build up then you have a fire - it won't blow a fuse as it's just the electromagnetic fields creating the heat from being in a circle not extra current! 

I would advise to never use an extension cable that is wound on it's reel! 
I got one at the moment from Screwfix I had no choice because I have jobs booked in on Saturday its 25m reeled. The only thing is it's easier to be on a reel for transport. I totally understand though it needs to all be open.

Are you able to recommend A 2.5 ml version 

Gt systems have one for sale for 200+ would you not buy it as it's on a reel?

Anyhow what one would you recommend ideally because I'd like to get the best stuff thx!

I got one at the moment from Screwfix I had no choice because I have jobs booked in on Saturday its 25m reeled. The only thing is it's easier to be on a reel for transport. I totally understand though it needs to all be open.

Are you able to recommend A 2.5 ml version 

Gt systems have one for sale for 200+ would you not buy it as it's on a reel?

Anyhow what one would you recommend ideally because I'd like to get the best stuff thx!
A cable stored on a reel is no problem at all, in fact it's much easier to manage if you ask me - the problem is if you pull high current and the cable is all wound round the reel it can cause a fire. If you unreel the whole length it's fine.

Have a search for 2.5mm extension cable. A couple I found: https://www.sibbons.co.uk/product/25m-240v-13amp-open-cable-reel-2-5mm-8050/ £53 on idea on delivery or https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ccr26-4-socket-25m-2-52mm-cable-reel-w/ £70 but you may have a shop close by? I have not used either companies or reels but both say they are using 2.5mm cable. You can just buy 2.5mm cable and a rubber plug and socket but getting 2.5mm cable into a plug and socket is not that easy as it's thick plus then you have to manually coil it up and that's probably a bit messy on gutter jobs. 

Reels are great as long as you always unreel all the cable before use! 

Latest Posts

Back