Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SkyVac industrial

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had an issue a couple of weeks back. Gave customer my extension lead plug, with the industrial 85 plugged into my extension, she took it in via a window. I thought you plugged it directly in to the mains. She didnt, she plugged it into her extension lead. Anyway I did the back of the house, had to go on roof as theres a a gulley running down the middle. Anyway cleared that. Went to unplug the vac before moving to the front of the house. Plug was red hot and was melting (smoking). it had melted the socket on the extension lead. Luckily it never melted the customers socket. I let the plug cool down, it was still working (fuse not damaged) so I quickly finished front of house. Cut and replaced the Industrial plug, binned my extension lead. Replaced the extension lead with the 3600 WATT rated Draper extension lead.

Think the electrics in her house are old.... Ive had red hot cables before when Im plugged into houses with old electrics. Not just with Sky Vac Industrial. Probably best thing to do is not run it on 3400watts for light debris... Had no issues since.

I had an issue a couple of weeks back. Gave customer my extension lead plug, with the industrial 85 plugged into my extension, she took it in via a window. I thought you plugged it directly in to the mains. She didnt, she plugged it into her extension lead. Anyway I did the back of the house, had to go on roof as theres a a gulley running down the middle. Anyway cleared that. Went to unplug the vac before moving to the front of the house. Plug was red hot and was melting (smoking). it had melted the socket on the extension lead. Luckily it never melted the customers socket. I let the plug cool down, it was still working (fuse not damaged) so I quickly finished front of house. Cut and replaced the Industrial plug, binned my extension lead. Replaced the extension lead with the 3600 WATT rated Draper extension lead.

Think the electrics in her house are old.... Ive had red hot cables before when Im plugged into houses with old electrics. Not just with Sky Vac Industrial. Probably best thing to do is not run it on 3400watts for light debris... Had no issues since.
Well done for replacing the plug. Heat can be caused by poor connections/corrosion. The pins on the plug should be clean and ideally shiny brass. As for extension cables NEVER work from a coiled extension cable. When coiled the magnetic fields produced cause heat and the reel can catch fire even though it's protected by a fuse.
3.4Kw is pushing a 13Amp plug as that works out at over 14 Amps at 240Vac or closer to 15 Amps at 230Vac! A 13 amp fuse is a slow blow so will allow significantly more current for quite long durations without blowing but the cables and connections will start to get warm!

Just keep connections tight and clean and decent rated extensions fully unwound and you should be fine but on newer properties it might be worth switching on each motor and waiting 20 to 30 seconds before the next, older properties can probably take all the motors being switched on at 5 sec intervals as they have rewireable fuses!

Virtually a brand new vac.... Never trust a customer to plug you in!.... Maybe what she plugged me into was a coiled up extension. Cost me close to £100 replacing that cable....

Black Friday sale this week, I’m considering a SkyVac industrial from WCW. I’ve heard before there can be issues plugging it in to customers mains. Can anyone advise?

Your mate @Part Timer is the best one to ask he used to have one .
I have the 110v, still got it as a back up, as mine is mainly commercial work so have only ever used a generator.
The money you've got just by an Intrceptor, no need for an external power source then.

So we're saying tell the customer not to boil the kettle etc while we're working. Plug extension lead directly into mains. Unwind the entire extension. Get a 3600w extension and we're all good?
Yeah mate. Ive only had a couple of issues in the last fives years. Do that and you should be fine.

So we're saying tell the customer not to boil the kettle etc while we're working. Plug extension lead directly into mains. Unwind the entire extension. Get a 3600w extension and we're all good?
Yes but most kitchens are on separate fuse back at distribution board (commonly called fuse box) so they should test the kettle at 30 min intervals by making you a cup of tea/coffee ;)
Even if kettle on same ring main then should be fine as that's 30Amp fuse. There are more iffs and buts but trying to keep things simple.

Used mine yesterday and she plugged it into a one metre 4 way extension lead. Didn't have any problems and used 2 of my 3600 watt extension leads from it. I like the Elite poles and bought a half size one incase i need it. The clamps are great aslong as you give a spray with WD40 before joining them together, money making machine.

Spoken like a man who has too much money! Also I’ve never had an issue with service from wcw. They’ve made some daft mistakes before but always fixed them without a fuss
I have always found spinner clean very good customer service is excellent my interceptor went wrong when it was well out of warranty they took it back and the manufacturer admitted it was a manufacturing fault so we’re going to charge me for the repair spinner clean said no I didn’t have to pay and spinner clean paid the shipping costs as well so it cost me nothing not bad for something that’s out of warrantee , wcw wouldn’t do that for they struggle to sort out and sent the right bits that you order in the first place ??

Only just read that properly. I’m skint and the interceptor isn’t sold at wcw haha
Just email Spinaclean and say - have you got any good deals on the Industrial 85 or whatever one you want.
(Use your business email so they can see youre in this game) They always do me miles better price than the list price.

Latest Posts

Back