Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Doing windows above ground floor extensions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

222wrighty

Hi everyone

Had a couple of jobs with ground floor extensions one I think I would be ok if I had ladder other one garden was on a slope I could get the windows but pole was horizontal and very heavy couldn’t really clean them properly

Is this because I’m using clx pole and not a slx ?

Just need some advice on how to do them

Many thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i have a few skinny weaklings that work for me thats like you (joke ) 

so you need to lighten the pole , a slx helps a lot due to you not having to fight the bend plus a carbon gooses neck plus a extreme brush it will be like heaven for you , even if you just use the extreme on these jobs you will soon learn which ones need this brush and it will be automatic repeat to change brush once you have cleaned them three times  if moneys tight then a extreme brush is you first port of call the rest after when you can afford it 

also train yourself better so you take the hurt out of it for you 

1. extend the pole out and rest the brush on the cill have 30sec of rest do one full window and rest repeat until all windows are done in that same hole again be careful not to mark the cill when resting , TAKE YOUR TIME  theres no rush 

2. widen your  legs a little more helps speeding the weight 

3. use your front arm locked out as with your palm  in air , this will take the weight better then a half bent arm , to wash the window you canr rock you body fully or take small steps back and forth this will help

you will build up the muscle to do these and you wont think twice about them , but sometimes theres windows you just physically cant do because of you size ,

ive one job nobody else can do because you have to use a 60ft pole at full stretch while stood on top of step ladder and is just off vertical cleaning so ive got to do it (i am 20stone and 6ft2 ) the lads all laugh at me" saying get the old horse out " and meat head just good banter but there never going to do this window 

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to save money and get gym membership
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
You don't need gym membership, 6 months doing this job you will be stronger in your arms and shoulders than you've ever been. 

But back to the question, I agree with @Julian Noddy Dean you are a weakling  :1f609:

Well I think I just need a slx and gym membership [emoji23][emoji23]

My tip @222wrighty  Instead of sitting around thinking of how you will tackle this problem and that, the best thing is to get out there and experience it yourself. Cleaning the window over a conservatory is one of the first things you will come across. :1f609:

For one this is not a conservatory 3.5 m long extension that’s why I put extensions
I’m working full time doing shift work on days off I’m Window cleaning when I come across a problem I put it on here for help.
I have tried the technics above and have found they really help
Thank you to the people for the good advice

I use step ladders for a few big extensions as I'm  6'2" so only a couple of steps needed just enough to clear the gutters.

Back