Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small business ideas...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

Hi all,

My wife currently works part time as a dental hygienist and therapist...but she hates it, to the point of really getting her down.

She obviously earns good money in a professional job, but keeps talking about doing something else.

Just wondered if you have any good ideas for a small business?

Have thought about her joining up with me, but not sure if she's up to it physically.

She's good at novelty cakes, cupcakes etc, so that's one thought.

But anyone know of any easy to set up small businesses that can be successful?

Just thought I'd get your ideas, thanks.

How about a small traditional style cake shop, thats serves cream tea( the old dears love it), small shop low rent do all the work yourself on it, have it all pretty and pink( shabby chic), I only say that because that's what my wife wants us to do when the brats are older

Buy all second Hand mixed furniture second hand teas sets have it very British.

personally iv had a ebay shop ran it stocked it myself ect but fees are on there where a killer and i worked it out id have to have around 8-10k of retail good in there to even turn a profit of 500-600 a month that was clothes and also had a fishing shop on there both i had around 2-3k in stock and was makeing a profit of around 200-300 a month

there's no easy solution to making money just hard work or have loads of money to start with

money makes money in the world if u got a fair bit and your screwed on you can make a bit

How about a small traditional style cake shop, thats serves cream tea( the old dears love it), small shop low rent do all the work yourself on it, have it all pretty and pink( shabby chic), I only say that because that's what my wife wants us to do when the brats are older

Buy all second Hand mixed furniture second hand teas sets have it very British.
that sounds good and a decent coffe shop that sells classy sarnies and panninis always seem to do well or if she just wants a low over head and small start up cost set up a cake stall at a local market or car boot sale just use a couple of fold up tables, a gazeebo and a chalk board

Make a fancy cake business.... open your own business premises.... cater for weddings birthdays.... make good cakes..... like xbox cakes.... loads of people buy these cakes for their kids on their birthday

My misses is buying my baby girl a 70 pound cake for her birthday

its customised.... its a castle cake with teletubbies on it and its massive ! great for partys ect

Cake businesses are really good money once they get going.... but it takes time.... more time then window cleaning /emoticons/smile.png lol

Thanks for input lads.

I should've mentioned it'll need to be a business from home, as we are saving for a deposit on our house. So needs be be home based.

She came in from work yesterday & they have told her that they're dropping one of her days, but if she wants she can work another late ***ht on a wednesday. They just think they can mess us around & she's at their beck & call, it's a joke.

So seriously trying to think of something else she can do now.

Would she like knocking doors? Out getting you work, Or take an administrative role in your business.. Work together that way?

I'm going to get my we sister a coat done and send her out canvassing as I just don't have the time.. Will earn her good money and I think females may have a better chance selling services on the doorstep!

A perfect home business would be a going around to peoples house( ladies of leasure) and offering them cream team ( a sort of 1950's tea party) in there own home like small parties I think it could really work, and also selling cup cakes and occasion cakes the first part would cost her nothing to run, a few nice tea sets some cake and sandwich stands a small stereo with old music I could really see her doing well at something like that.

Back