Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So funny when you’re well established

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Picked up 4 first cleans today and 3 are just round the corner from me where they are building new homes. Also go a one off which hadn't been touched for a year or two and beginning to notice why other windies dodge them. My van goes in tomorrow to get signed again so I expect to become very busy with window cleaning. ?
Just charge more. Double normal price and it doesn’t take twice as long. Then afterwards say if you’d like it regularly it’ll be half the price of this clean

can usually get tight folk onto a 2 monthly clean quite often this way I’ve found?

Xtreme without a doubt. Ive got three of them now and wouldn’t change back. So much better for your elbows!
I bought the extreme 18  & 25 after using the slx. I find the extreme 25 a massive improvement on the slx 25, however I went back on the slx 18 a month ago because the extreme 18 needs maintenance, and I'm still on the slx 18. So for me it's an slx 18, and an extrem 25.....

I bought the extreme 18  & 25 after using the slx. I find the extreme 25 a massive improvement on the slx 25, however I went back on the slx 18 a month ago because the extreme 18 needs maintenance, and I'm still on the slx 18. So for me it's an slx 18, and an extrem 25.....
That’s interesting Jonny,

I rarely use my SLX 25 - literally need it for 3 jobs a month to reach couple of 3rd storey windows then switch back to the 18…

Wonder if an Extreme is necessary or just pure indulgence for me.. ? 

Massive difference between an extreme 18 and slx 18. Wouldn’t go back to slx now. Have to use extreme differently  sidewards and horizontally as they’re fragile 

extreme on a next level to slx used to use slx for fsg cleans now don’t bother extreme all day for everything they’re class

Massive difference between an extreme 18 and slx 18. Wouldn’t go back to slx now. Have to use extreme differently  sidewards and horizontally as they’re fragile 

extreme on a next level to slx used to use slx for fsg cleans now don’t bother extreme all day for everything they’re class
For me it's not worth the bother. The extreme 18 is obviously lighter than the slx, but after a days work I don't notice the difference. I do however notice the difference on the extreme 25, to the extent that I sold my slx 25 and would not go back to it. 

Got to agree with you not so much the weight difference it’s the rigidity that counts especially when your getting older and have arthritis. 

Got to agree with you not so much the weight difference it’s the rigidity that counts especially when your getting older and have arthritis. 
Hi Den

May I ask how old you are ?

I have arthritis periodically but I like to think I’m young at 48!

Hope you’re not in too much pain but is the pain constant ? 

All day long every day it now and then?

all the best 

JJ

You will do if you keep using the SLX ?
I'm pretty Active away from work. Box fit, gym running, though I take nothing for granted. I do all of that after working with the slx 18. My next pole will be the slx 18. When I maintain the extreme 18, I'll put it away for when I get 70 something ?️‍♀️

Hi Den

May I ask how old you are ?

I have arthritis periodically but I like to think I’m young at 48!

Hope you’re not in too much pain but is the pain constant ? 

All day long every day it now and then?

all the best 

JJ
Im 53 this month.

think a lot of it is when I was a youngster I was hyper apart from going to the boxing gym every other day and training a lot, I would be climbing trees falling out them quite a lot lol ditch jumping, moto x often falling off the bikes, I have broken my ribs twice, three fingers on one hand and a thumb, two fingers on the other, jaw broke once, arm broke, ankle broken. 

Was diagnosed with spondylitis many years ago in my spine.

and more recently tendonisis (not to be confused with tendiniis)  in my left shoulder.

Yes it’s painful everyday wake up as stiff as a board takes ten minutes to loosen up ?

think most of it is I abused myself when I was younger thinking I was invincible lol but now paying the price as none of my family have arthritis only me.

I converted to electric reels and extreme poles and extremes brush years ago which as help.

when young I did work out and stay reasonable fit but also went out with the lads drinking just worn myself out TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 53 this month.

think a lot of it is when I was a youngster I was hyper apart from going to the boxing gym every other day and training a lot, I would be climbing trees falling out them quite a lot lol ditch jumping, moto x often falling off the bikes, I have broken my ribs twice, three fingers on one hand and a thumb, two fingers on the other, jaw broke once, arm broke, ankle broken. 

and more recently tendonisis (not to be confused with tendiniis)  in my left shoulder.

Yes it’s painful everyday wake up as stiff as a board takes ten minutes to loosen up ?

think most of it is I abused myself when I was younger thinking I was invincible lol but now paying the price as none of my family have arthritis only me.

I converted to electric reels and extreme poles and extremes brush years ago which as help.

when young I did work out and stay reasonable fit but also went out with the lads drinking just worn myself out TBH.
You wake up stiff, and have a dodgy shoulder because you abuse yourself? ????

Im 53 this month.

Is the arthritis like gout ? 

I'm pretty Active away from work. Box fit, gym running, though I take nothing for granted. I do all of that after working with the slx 18. My next pole will be the slx 18. When I maintain the extreme 18, I'll put it away for when I get 70 something ?️‍♀️
What’s the maintenance what needs doing ? All I’ve done is washed it out with water if I heard a bit of grit in it 

Do you mean your waiting to use extreme when your 70 years old…?

Back