Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So Many Vans Around Now

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep, me I'm happy doing what I'm doing the way I'm doing it although just a little more refining on the pump /emoticons/smile.png . I'll go wfp properly one day when I need to but still I'm years away from the big stuff, I'm still learning trad and I don't reckon anyone should run before they can walk.

Sounds like you have a plan Dodger, when you have read the book you won on the forum you will see every wfp set up has its merits, everyone is different just depends on what you are doing.

Richard

Why not then knock up a cheap tank system aswell then you can compare for yourself which way is best for you? /emoticons/wink.png

You are restricting yourself to just lower work but you can earn good money on 3 + storey work too....

For instance I've just booked in 6 small windows to be cleaned on a 2nd storey flat 10 mins work for £25. Probably will get a few more in the block aswell just by droping a few leaflets. Simples... /emoticons/biggrin.png

again i will reitterate my point on wfp, that the cost is not the only reason people dont go wfp, better finish with trad, more customers like it, loads of custies dont want their windows done wfp, plus i love to trad clean, cost doesnt come into it, i could afford to go wfp if i wanted to, but will stay trad forever, its personal choice

Why not then knock up a cheap tank system aswell then you can compare for yourself which way is best for you? /emoticons/wink.png

You are restricting yourself to just lower work but you can earn good money on 3 + storey work too....

For instance I've just booked in 6 small windows to be cleaned on a 2nd storey flat 10 mins work for £25. Probably will get a few more in the block aswell just by droping a few leaflets. Simples... /emoticons/biggrin.png
I get ya mate but actually the size of the tank is the only thing holding me back so I'll have to set something up in the near future oh and the pole as well isn't long enough obviously which I'll be getting around to first. With a longer pole as long as theres not too many because of keep filling up I could easily do 4th storey work with the poxy pressure thing I use believe it or not, as high as my Harris pole will reach I still only use around 30-40% of the pressure available from the little beast and have the flow turned right down.
again i will reitterate my point on wfp, that the cost is not the only reason people dont go wfp, better finish with trad, more customers like it, loads of custies dont want their windows done wfp, plus i love to trad clean, cost doesnt come into it, i could afford to go wfp if i wanted to, but will stay trad forever, its personal choice
Agree with you mostly as well mate, as long as the initial clean is done trad (frames) now I've done a good few wfp I'd say they were equal finish though. I do get a lot of custies don't like wfp, some just don't want change and some have had bad experiences with **** windies that would probably be **** if they were trad anyway. And I love doing trad as well but I'll go wfp simply because once I do end up building a full system as Smurf said doin up one way and down another will just be a pain in the posterior and slower as well.

id agree its possible to get as good a finish generally when wfp's done properly, but sometimes i clean a window trad, detail it, and then might notice a tiny fly spot or something, i only notice it because im up close and personal to the glass, things like that will get missed sometimes wfp.

maybe a better way of putting it would be that you cant get a better finish then trad?

id agree its possible to get as good a finish generally when wfp's done properly, but sometimes i clean a window trad, detail it, and then might notice a tiny fly spot or something, i only notice it because im up close and personal to the glass, things like that will get missed sometimes wfp.
maybe a better way of putting it would be that you cant get a better finish then trad?
This is the exact same feeling I have and could not but it better

This is the exact same feeling I have and could not but it better
I use to think the same to be honest. Get a WFP set up and it will chage your mind I reckon. It opens so many doors using WFP. I do all my bigger jobs WFP now, not only is it doing a better job (from my customer point of view) but its quicker and safer.

Ditto Marc....

What I call die hard trad window cleaners will always be around I guess but the sad fact is a few die using ladders/clambering over tiles etc and a lot more get hurt each year.

What I call "Die hards - It will never happen to me syndrome"

Sadly I know it could happen to me and I'm seriously careful, I do use the pole now if theres any risk whatsoever as well. I'm moving towards it but I don't see a huge rush, I decided I only want to do domestic and small commercial (shop fronts etc) so I'm not losing too much work and my customers actually like the way I do things it's why half of them book me.

At the end of the day I simply run my business how it benefits me the most rather than going by what others say how I should do it....

Likewise whatever works for you /emoticons/wink.png

At the end of the day I simply run my business how it benefits me the most rather than going by what others say how I should do it....

Likewise whatever works for you /emoticons/wink.png

well said. I do trad with wagtail on pole for 2 reasons. My start up budget is low, I have a kid and another on the way that I need to care for so need to reduce risk by using later as little as possible

Less here, Theres two guys sold up to another business. Theres 1 other wanting to sell his and one wanting to sell some of his work.

Ive got them on the run ahahah

ull see more windys when u get around more /emoticons/smile.png
Spot on mate, plus you only need to worry about the ones that are Gona stick with it. Even then there are more than enough houses around to earn you a good living, you just gota get out there an find em

if their was 10 more cleaners starting here tomorrow it wouldnt make a diffrenence

cos theirs plenty of glass /emoticons/tongue.png

if their was 10 more cleaners starting here tomorrow it wouldnt make a diffrenence

cos theirs plenty of glass /emoticons/tongue.png
What about when they start knocking on your customers doors offering to do them for half price? If there is that much work around how come you haven't got more?

The cake is only so big, and there are literally hundreds of new window cleaners. Many of them smart people, not doleys and beer money types. A lot of the new ones had good jobs and are more than capable of establishing themselves.

I agree with Vince’s comments, not all windows get cleaned, the work available isn’t infinite and as you build your round up, and by that I mean - being more selective with work & customer - the work becomes even more limited. So it can be more of a question of winning work from your competitors, if you want bigger profits.

Richard

Back