Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Here’s a few pictures of a job I have given it a heavy coat of Benz biocide today (25-1) and will give it a few weeks to see what it comes up like ,customer asked for Benz to be used as they feel it’s an environmental friendly product but they have asked if it’s not looking good in a few weeks if we can then hypo it 😂😂😂ime looking forward to seeing what happens and how long it takes as I know a hypo job would have it clean in one day . I don’t feel confident with bio as you can’t see instant clean so this will be an interesting experiment.

Attachments

• IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    1,006 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3753.jpeg
    IMG_3753.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3748.jpeg
    IMG_3748.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Here’s a few pictures of a job I have given it a heavy coat of Benz biocide today (25-1) and will give it a few weeks to see what it comes up like ,customer asked for Benz to be used as they feel it’s an environmental friendly product but they have asked if it’s not looking good in a few weeks if we can then hypo it 😂😂😂ime looking forward to seeing what happens and how long it takes as I know a hypo job would have it clean in one day . I don’t feel confident with bio as you can’t see instant clean so this will be an interesting experiment.
Wow, that's a pretty manky gable end

Will be very interesting to see how this comes up. I've had a couple customers ask for bio when cleaning their render, though they seemingly want instant results which isn't happening. I think you'll end up using the hypo mate lol.

But in all seriousness I do wish there was a good bio that would produce results like hypo and I'd be all over it.

Have you put your bill on now or waiting to see how it goes before you do? I always use hypo fir the immediate results so would be interested to see from a selling point of view.

Have you put your bill on now or waiting to see how it goes before you do? I always use hypo fir the immediate results so would be interested to see from a selling point of view.
That’s the problem I can’t charge them until it’s clean if we had done it with hypo I would now be paid , cost £140 in bio as well hypo would have been around £ 45-50

Will be very interesting to see how this comes up. I've had a couple customers ask for bio when cleaning their render, though they seemingly want instant results which isn't happening. I think you'll end up using the hypo mate lol.

But in all seriousness I do wish there was a good bio that would produce results like hypo and I'd be all over it.

I don’t have much confidence in bio to do much to this but the customer wanted it done this way , and to be honest it’s a bit of a learning curve for us as we hypo 99% of all jobs so will be interesting to see what happens I used the strongest mix they recommend 25-1 , it was a really heavy coat and has penetrated the pores in the render so will see what happens

That’s the problem I can’t charge them until it’s clean if we had done it with hypo I would now be paid , cost £140 in bio as well hypo would have been around £ 45-50
I suppose that’s the problem with goin down the bio route. I couldn’t imagine askin the customer for payment upon leaving the property and then tellin them that it will be fine in 3-6 months and even then the results are not guaranteed. How the hell are you supposed to sell that without taking payment after the results are apparent but then if you have to call back and hypo it cos it hasn’t worked would you charge extra? Too many long term variables involved in bio for me. What happens if it doesn’t work and they don’t want to pay extra for another application of hypo. I’m really intrigued as to how this works. Keep us posted on your findings👍

Bio is a fantastic way of cleaning green red algi it’s a 3 to 5 days to get the result's it definitely penetrates the the render better I cleaned a krend job came up perfect with hypo I managed to sell them the after treatment bio and when I applied it the walls in some areas turned red 😂 but disappeared in a few days just goes to show bio really gets it all killed and sucked out of the render

I suppose that’s the problem with goin down the bio route. I couldn’t imagine askin the customer for payment upon leaving the property and then tellin them that it will be fine in 3-6 months and even then the results are not guaranteed. How the hell are you supposed to sell that without taking payment after the results are apparent but then if you have to call back and hypo it cos it hasn’t worked would you charge extra? Too many long term variables involved in bio for me. What happens if it doesn’t work and they don’t want to pay extra for another application of hypo. I’m really intrigued as to how this works. Keep us posted on your findings👍
Yes I gave them two prices one fir bio and a combined price with hypo they have agreed ti the higher price anyway but they like the bio route as they feel it’s more environmentally friendly , personally I don’t feel it is but each to their own . It will certainly need several repeat applications of hypo I think but we have done a lot like this but always done with hypo before and it’s clean the same day with a few shadows that go after 48 hours ,obviously there will be some age related marks but it’s then clean .

Yes I gave them two prices one fir bio and a combined price with hypo they have agreed ti the higher price anyway but they like the bio route as they feel it’s more environmentally friendly , personally I don’t feel it is but each to their own . It will certainly need several repeat applications of hypo I think but we have done a lot like this but always done with hypo before and it’s clean the same day with a few shadows that go after 48 hours ,obviously there will be some age related marks but it’s then clean .

I agree, I think all this 'bio' is bullshit personally. Just a way of selling a product for a lot more money and putting the word bio into it.

Latest Posts

Back