Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For those of you who do commercial solar panels how would you go about this there is no access to the middle roof ones , cherry picker and spider won’t reach . Also intrested in your pricing for this , if anyone is interested in the job pm me it’s in cornwall .

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
There is always a cherry picker that will reach. It's just paying the price to get one to get there
The owners of the site agreed to supply a cherry pickers which suited me but they got onto the local supplier who hires them they came and looked at the site and said that they couldn’t supply one with the reach needed ?.. it’s not my forte so just took there word for , the angle and pitch and distance of the roof are very awkward and the picture from google earth doesn’t show that very well

how tall is that if the cherry picker won't reach?
ah don't worry seen the replies. Doesn't look like an easy solution hence why they want to get someone in. I'd be charging an awful lot considering there isn't an easy soloution.

I've always thought, is there not something with Solar panels that you can spray something onto them and leave so it self cleans?

Looking at this logically, who ever fitted the panels should have done it complying with H&S.

Obviously I know very little about this but:

Is there any way to find out if the roof is safe to walk on - architect?
If it is proven to be safe to walk on then surely you then need a fall arrester system and attachment points?

If the company want the panels doing regularly then maybe they need to have suitable secure points to attach a fall arrestor system to fitted?

Looking at this logically, who ever fitted the panels should have done it complying with H&S.

Obviously I know very little about this but:

Is there any way to find out if the roof is safe to walk on - architect?
If it is proven to be safe to walk on then surely you then need a fall arrester system and attachment points?

If the company want the panels doing regularly then maybe they need to have suitable secure points to attach a fall arrestor system to fitted?
The roof isn’t one that you should walk on although it would support your weight , normal with this type of job we use a safe man set up with fall arrest but there is no fixtures on the roof for this , to do the job safely it needed scaffolding and scaffold at the ends of the roof as a barrier to prevent falls .

Last edited:
To clean 1,000 panels ? There is no way to rig it up to anything
It looks like two buildings can be cleaned quite easily and the third I'd clean what I could then rig one pulley off a cherry picker on the hardstanding side and have an anchor of some sort on the difficult side at the bushes (might have to drill an eye bolt in somewhere over there just for rope use, dunno really unless on site). It would be fun and games I admit, but doable, definitely doable (I do have pulleys and lots of rope mind you and a compound bow to fire a pull line for the rope as required!).

It looks like two buildings can be cleaned quite easily and the third I'd clean what I could then rig one pulley off a cherry picker on the hardstanding side and have an anchor of some sort on the difficult side at the bushes (might have to drill an eye bolt in somewhere over there just for rope use, dunno really unless on site). It would be fun and games I admit, but doable, definitely doable (I do have pulleys and lots of rope mind you and a compound bow to fire a pull line for the rope as required!).
Trust me we have cleaned tens of thousands of panels a cherry picker won’t reach no access , those buildings are 6-8 meters high as well , much easier jobs out there. The cherry picker firm said it’s not viable to do with a picker as no access close enough and would be unstable at the shallow angle and length of reach , just not worth the hassle.

It's cleaning solar panels, not Money Heist :ROFLMAO:

Latest Posts

Back