Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm getting over 50p a kw with my 4kw system so I cleaned all 16 panels today for the first time in 6yrs. Would be happy to pay £50 a clean every 3yrs because it would pay for itself in 3yrs. My panels are now sparkling and I will take daily readings and compare with old readings. Will let you know how it goes.
Any news on the before and after results?

Thanks

Any news on the before and after results?

Thanks

Biggest reading I have ever had was 23kws, 8 panels East facing and 8 panels West facing. The longest day I got 25kws, 23kws fri, 20kws sat, 24kws sun and 21kws now. Panels are meant to deteriorate in time and mine seem to be getting better. The cleaning Must have made a big difference because I'm hitting figures I didn't think I could achieve. Now I know why the solar farms get the panels cleaned every 3 to 6 months. I scrubbed them with WFP and degreaser and then rinsed with tap water. I will be doing it every March from now on. :1f609:

Cleaning 2 panels tomorrow for £10.00 they are just the type of for heating the water. They haven't been cleaned in around 5 years and are on a ongoing new housing development.

They are for a good long term client just round the corner from a school I am doing in the morning so hopefully should be a quick job.

County Durham Lad

@solarpanelcleaningltd what is the issue the tubes you mention, The house is around maybe 5-6 years old and they were installed when the house was built buy the house builder for green credentials, From my memory they do look like they have tubes behind the outer panel. ?
You’ll be fine. It’s the old style ones that are risky.

One of my customers did not want his dormer window cleaned yesterday ( being changed for new) also a ground side window, So  whilst on his flat rear roof i cleaned his Solar panels x 15 as they had bird poo on them in stead of reducing payment for windows he not want cleaning ! He was over the moon with me & paid me extra online today !! 

Just be kind regular customers & they appreciate it.  

One of my customers did not want his dormer window cleaned yesterday ( being changed for new) also a ground side window, So  whilst on his flat rear roof i cleaned his Solar panels x 15 as they had bird poo on them in stead of reducing payment for windows he not want cleaning ! He was over the moon with me & paid me extra online today !! 

Just be kind regular customers & they appreciate it.  
I would bloody well hope he did pay you extra, even on the very cheap side you've done a £40 job free of charge. Its your business so it's up to you how you run it but personally I wouldn't be making a habit of doing things like that.

Latest Posts

Back