Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some people !!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So if they’re an Asian single mother, they’re morally bankrupt?
What are you wibbling on about?

I've got a few single mums on my round and they are good customers,from my experience a lot are bad payers though....this has just been my experience over the last 27 years of window cleaning....as for people from an asian descent I've not got a single customer on my books....the reason is they usually want the cheapest price....its just part of their culture to knock you down at every opportunity....

It's not my ambition to be the cheapest window cleaner in the area......??

I like the title of this post... SOME PEOPLE!! 

SOME PEOPLE take everything the wrong way... 

SOME PEOPLE!!..... think that their feelings being hurt actually means something. 

SOME PEOPLE!! can't actually be honest about certain types of people whom have a certain trait by percentage. 

SOME PEOPLE can't actually pass a sentence without having to share how hurt their feelings are. 

SOME PEOPLE!! think it is written in law that it's illegal to express an observation. 

SOME PEOPLE NEED TO WIND THIER NECK IN AND REALISE THAT THIER FEELINGS REALLY DON'T MATTER IN A WORLD OF VALID OPINIONS..... 

but that's just how "I" feel so doesn't change fact. 

Some valid points above, but when we bring race into it even if it is an observation, it is not ok. You wouldn't say oh all white people are x y and z! Yes, people are bad payers, yes someone's culture may well play a part just as someone's class in society. How about we just say some PEOPLE are good payers and some are not simple as that. It's not about someone moaning because someone's opinion hurts them. We all know there is way too much of that happening these days on social media etc. BUT when it comes to using race as a descriptor or to group/ class a particular group of people, it's just not needed. As I said, when do you ever here, white people being used to class or group people? Never so no need for anyone else either. Our rules state that this is not ok on the forum https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/terms

Some valid points above, but when we bring race into it even if it is an observation, it is not ok. You wouldn't say oh all white people are x y and z! Yes, people are bad payers, yes someone's culture may well play a part just as someone's class in society. How about we just say some PEOPLE are good payers and some are not simple as that. It's not about someone moaning because someone's opinion hurts them. We all know there is way too much of that happening these days on social media etc. BUT when it comes to using race as a descriptor or to group/ class a particular group of people, it's just not needed. As I said, when do you ever here, white people being used to class or group people? Never so no need for anyone else either. Our rules state that this is not ok on the forum https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/terms
I don’t think @dazmond was being the slightest bit offensive in his comments he was just expressing how he feels from his experience with certain ethnic groups and he is right certain cultures do try and barter with you that’s the way they are that’s not a derogatory comment , us brits are known for our stiff upper lip approach to life that also isn’t derogatory, I think this political correctness has gone way to far overboard and ones cannot open there mouths without being falsely accused of racism , I treat  all ethnicity groups the same there are some English I won’t work for as well as all other groups , the reason I won’t work for them is there attitude not the racial  background 

I could be mistaken as it was a long time ago, but I’m sure the fresh prince of bel air had a lot of ‘white man’ jokes.

dont start with the "racist" card with me mate...........im certainly not a racist....you have to be a certain type of ,narrow minded,dumb,ignorant asshole to be a racist...........and im certainly not one of em......

I could be mistaken as it was a long time ago, but I’m sure the fresh prince of bel air had a lot of ‘white man’ jokes.
Richard Prior did for sure, but I can see Gavin's point. Things can escalate quickly and it would be a shame if this generally good natured forum descended to the same regular amount of vitriol that can be read frequently on another forum.

I don't think it would but he's just making sure.

Onwards and upwards, guys. Eh?

Richard Prior did for sure, but I can see Gavin's point. Things can escalate quickly and it would be a shame if this generally good natured forum descended to the same regular amount of vitriol that can be read frequently on another forum.

I don't think it would but he's just making sure.

Onwards and upwards, guys. Eh?
I agree. I don’t think, actually, I’m certain there’s no bad actors on here. Certainly none they I’ve come across. So I will always take the best, kindest interpretation of what anyone writes on here as a given, rather than construct something more insidious when I’ve been given no reason too. 

My post was not aimed at anyone in particular but race has be mentioned and my post was an explanation of what we expect as a forum. It's hard to balance opinion and going over the top. It's very easy for things to go south and we end up like mentioned just as bad as other forums. The forum isn't a working man's club. It's here for everyone of every gender and race or any other descriptive thing you may wish to use. Everyone and anyone is welcome and we should not be singling out any person, group of people or anything else because of their race, class etc. I get it though when it comes to certain conversations there is going to be a fine line. How do you talk about good payers and not so good ones without over stepping the mark. At the end of the day please all try and refrain as best you can as we will end up having to close topics etc which we don't want. 

My post was not aimed at anyone in particular but race has be mentioned and my post was an explanation of what we expect as a forum. It's hard to balance opinion and going over the top. It's very easy for things to go south and we end up like mentioned just as bad as other forums. The forum isn't a working man's club. It's here for everyone of every gender and race or any other descriptive thing you may wish to use. Everyone and anyone is welcome and we should not be singling out any person, group of people or anything else because of their race, class etc. I get it though when it comes to certain conversations there is going to be a fine line. How do you talk about good payers and not so good ones without over stepping the mark. At the end of the day please all try and refrain as best you can as we will end up having to close topics etc which we don't want. 
Everything was fine until someone was offended by a comment, and who then played the race card. Sorry @Gavinto disagree but the initial conversation was fine, it only pushed the boundaries when someone changed the whole  sentiment, not for the first time either.

Back