Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Something I've not asked, but everyones asked me....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just a quick one on the main point, I have a T&Cs list I send to new customers (and ask them to read) that mentions we work in the rain. Means I'm not worried cause if they do bring it up and moan they've already been told.
I personally find a T&C's is a bit much some months ago I looked at a guys website who covers the area I work it was like the the T&c's of an insurance policy I gave up after 3 lines there must have been a 100, I have an information page on my website they get sent a link to the page along with the link for the direct debit I doubt they read it hence they get a shock when they get charged full price for not unlocking gates or becoming a serial skipper 

I personally find a T&C's is a bit much some months ago I looked at a guys website who covers the area I work it was like the the T&c's of an insurance policy I gave up after 3 lines there must have been a 100, I have an information page on my website they get sent a link to the page along with the link for the direct debit I doubt they read it hence they get a shock when they get charged full price for not unlocking gates or becoming a serial skipper 
It comes down to how easy it is to read. A insurance company are going to be very confusing. Its no so much T&Cs more what they can expect and what we can expect. I've tried my hardest to keep it concise while also covering everything. Here it is:

We just have a few T&Cs we ask you read. It’ll only take a minute. You’ll also receive a text message with our bank details (please let us know when you get it). Thank you again for choosing us!

What you can expect from us:

We always strive to provide a great service and so guarantee our work. Up to 24 hours after a clean, if there are any issues (a window missed, bird mess not removed, water spotting, etc) just let us know and we’ll get it sorted.

We clean in the rain as this does not effect the quality of the clean due to the method we use.

We use the water fed pole to clean your windows. This means the windows are left wet but dry completely clear as the water is purified before use (see our website for more details on the how it works).

What we ask of you:

We will let you know when we are coming. Please make sure any gates are unlocked and any animal mess is cleared up so we have access. If this is forgotten we may not be able to clean all the windows but may still charge full price.

We do not allow a build up of debt and therefore will not clean again if the payment is owed for a previous clean. We do understand life is busy and things get forgotten, however, and so you will receive a friendly reminder.

Thank you,

Interesting point, as I get a cold quite easily n at times get one after getting soaked, not had a cold for at least 10wks that's a record for me,but weather dry n not touching money without sanitizing. I'm not working at maximum, so body not getting wrecked n worn out making it more susceptible to catching bugs. 
Fresh ginger in your flask of tea keeps colds away ? tastes nice as well

It comes down to how easy it is to read. A insurance company are going to be very confusing. Its no so much T&Cs more what they can expect and what we can expect. I've tried my hardest to keep it concise while also covering everything. Here it is:

We just have a few T&Cs we ask you read. It’ll only take a minute. You’ll also receive a text message with our bank details (please let us know when you get it). Thank you again for choosing us!

What you can expect from us:

We always strive to provide a great service and so guarantee our work. Up to 24 hours after a clean, if there are any issues (a window missed, bird mess not removed, water spotting, etc) just let us know and we’ll get it sorted.

We clean in the rain as this does not effect the quality of the clean due to the method we use.

We use the water fed pole to clean your windows. This means the windows are left wet but dry completely clear as the water is purified before use (see our website for more details on the how it works).

What we ask of you:

We will let you know when we are coming. Please make sure any gates are unlocked and any animal mess is cleared up so we have access. If this is forgotten we may not be able to clean all the windows but may still charge full price.

We do not allow a build up of debt and therefore will not clean again if the payment is owed for a previous clean. We do understand life is busy and things get forgotten, however, and so you will receive a friendly reminder.

Thank you,

Seems short enough and concise, my info page is a good bit more than that but all clearly outlined and paragraphed if there is any issues moving forward I just point them to my page again then there is no come backs, reminds me I need to update my website 

Fresh ginger in your flask of tea keeps colds away ? tastes nice as well
I don't think @steve garwood would be to pleased he doesn't have much hair left ?

once you have a busy workload the best thing to do is work in all but the worst weather...that way customers get used to you cleaning in the rain and dont bat an eyelid after a few years.....this is only if your 100% WFP though....tradding windows in the rain CAN leave them dirty but not if your WFP.....

i always  have at least 2 goretex waterproof jackets in the van at any one time so i can change them at lunchtime if its raining most of my working day...i also have a sailing jacket that i wear in the winter for when its cold and wet!this is excellent at keeping me warm and dry during bad weather....

i find its very rare that i have to sack the day of because of bad weather.....personally id rather work in wet weather than get behind on my work schedule...

i always  have at least 2 goretex waterproof jackets in the van at any one time so i can change them at lunchtime if its raining most of my working day...i also have a sailing jacket that i wear in the winter for when its cold and wet!this is excellent at keeping me warm and dry during bad weather....
I have come to accept that I'm going to get wet and only do a maximum of 4hrs in the rain and go home and have a shower. You get used to the wet weather up here.

2 goretex waterproof jackets
That's the answer - breathable waterproof kit - NOT the cheap stuff that will having you sweating like a pig - invest in some top end performance kit and it will repay you in your first full day - cos you can keep working and keep the 'meter' running ?

From head to foot everything breathable and waterproof and base layer for when it's cold too - good kit is money in the bank!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the answer - breathable waterproof kit - NOT the cheap stuff that will having you sweating like a pig - invest in some top end performance kit and it will repay you in your first full day - cos you can keep working and keep the 'meter' running ?

From head to foot everything breathable and waterproof and base layer for when it's cold too - good kit is money in the bank!
yep...after years in this business you learn what works for you in regards to wet weather working....i also wear waterproof hiking trousers from decathlon in the wet,cold winter months...cost around £40..well worth it...of course you need waterproof boots as well.....its better than having the day off because of a bit of rain....

Back