sorry

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by norm, Apr 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

for these questions as i am trad only
    do you w.f.p. tops and trad bottoms, w.f.p everything as its faster?
    or just personal choice
    once you w.f.p. can u trad it then w.f.p next time or once ya w.f.p theres no going back:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

#2 cheapncheerful, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    great questions norm... i do know i watched one company wfp the flats near a block i do and i didnt want to get my ladders out while they were there and yes they certainly were faster............but i did notice they trad the bottoms....:) maybe didnt have a short enough pole for the bottom flats...

as usual great reply :)spruce

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#3 spruce, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    When we went WFP 10 years ago we decided to 'pole' the lot. For me it made no sense to trad the bottoms. I am short so unlike the tall guys, I can't reach the top of the down stairs windows so I would have to lug around a small pair of step ladders for that.

It was much quicker to clean bottoms wfp. Once we got on top of using wfp it was so much easier as I no longer had to carry ladders and steps for tops and bottoms.

However, if you are starting on a tight budget with limited water capacity, then better to wfp the tops and trad the bottoms. I would always recommend that you buy the tools you will need for the next few years and include any expansion in your calculations. We have wasted a lot of money over the years not thinking ahead far enough.

4. norm

norm Grand Master

thanks for replys cheapncheerful and spruce i am not able to reach the top of the downstairs windows either but have a guy who helps me so was thinking w.f.p tops and trad bottoms but not sure
    cheapncheerful i think it would be a wise move on our part to go w,f,p but its a big change me thinks:D and not cheap

5. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

When I started WFP six years ago I still did the bottoms trad. This was because I didn't have enough water to do bottoms as well. More than a few customers said to me they preferred the effect of the WFP to the trad methods because it cleaned the frames and left no detergent residue. In hindsight lots of us start WFP with a smaller tank and van because it's cheaper to get started. By far the best way would be to WFP the lot. That's where the real time saving comes in. But if you can't stretch to carry enough water for the lot then by all means trad the bottom. I guess it all comes down to what size tank you can carry.

Personally I would recommend a water saving device on the pole. Aquadaptor, trigger or that new twist dubry I've seen lately. I know a lot of people don't like triggers but you can't beat it for water saving. Nothing that I've come across let's you pulse while scrubbing. For that reason if you really put your mind to it you can save shocking levels of water with a trigger without sacrificing speed or results. Just a little awkward to use at times.

Once you've cleaned a window WFP don't go back to do it trad. The first rotation on WFP takes far longer than successive cleans. It's like doing a first clean on every house. Even if you clean the frames trad, you've still go to ensure there is no detergent left on the windows which will spot. You'll even see your regular windows frothing up a little.

6. norm

norm Grand Master

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

norm, you've got a van, go the whole hog. You won't look back, believe me! The amount of extras you can offer is amazing. I've done 2 conny roofs on top of my window round this week and have a day job booked in yesterday for a whole house uPVC clean, gutters, fascias, soffits and conny roof, that I wouldn't have touched if I was still trad.

8. norm

norm Grand Master

yeah Tuffers i am seeing so much work i cant do and when on my own i carry step ladders for downstairs. set of trebbles for upstairs on one shoulder and bucket in other hand:rolleyes:
    not ideal i am going to make my mind up by next few days then go for it or leave it cus i think know is the time to decide
    and tell the mrs:eek:

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Sounds like a no brainer norm

10. norm

norm Grand Master

yeah Tuffers trad only in my case i think will stop any meaningful expansion of my run and add on jobs

Advertisement