Speed Limits

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by spruce, Jul 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I was hoping that the new speed limits granted to HGV drivers of vehicles over 7.5 t would have a knock on effect down the line to us. Unfortunately if we have a van with a gross weight of over 2000kgs, then the speed limits for us haven't changed.

Single carriageways 50mph
    Dual carriageways 60mph
    Motorways 70mph

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I take no notice of them anyway

3. I'm on c roads all day. Lucky if I do 40!
    Have dreams of hurtling down the main road at 55, ladder whistling above me.......

4. cheapncheerful

yeh daveyboy your hgv friends are on fake britain this morning....fake tachographs...really naughty...driving for twenty hours a day...:eek::eek::eek:

cheapie only drives at normal speed limits......honest...

5. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Well that sucks. I was shocked to find out us vans are on a lower speed limit than cars, and even campervan etc when I got pulled over in a line of traffic a few months back. Been driving vans/trucks for over tens years and never knew or got pulled up on it. Be careful incase they are clamping down (aka short of cash) in your area. What changes are being made to 7.5t plus then?

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

40 to 50 on single carriage, 60 mph on dual carriageways and motorways. Came in in June

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just do 90 everywhere. .works for me :whistle:

8. paulben

paulben Member

Don't know if its true but heard that some speed camera's linked to dvla can tell different van sizes and issue a ticket for speeding

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Yep there is one like that not far from me
    It goes by the height of the vehicle to differentiate between cars and lorries so only a big vehicle will set it off unless you're going faster than the limit for cars which will then trigger anyway

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i bought a chinese satnav -after reading about them on truckers forum- 30,40 quid touch, these are excellent ,they speak if you go over the speed limit , has saved me getting a ticket no end of times

Advertisement