Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless Water is it not working out?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ah ok yes I can see what you are saying for an occasional fill it’s ok but expensive to use all the time , my tds is around 90 ???

Our filters last years as well even though our TDS is double yours. 

You've done a fine job of laying out your cost of water but the point has not a lot to do with cost of home production.  It has to do with ROI IMO. 

£30 Per 1000 L we can COMFORTABLY do £350 on 500L so that's £670 after paying for water.  Your numbers can't be to dissimilar. 

In my book that's a hell of a win.  These 'stations' cant be that cheap to install or to maintain to begin with yet people seem to begrudge 3p per litre for total convenience

I wonder how many 3p's it would take to install a plant like that to produce your own?  Quite a bit more than my system or yours @Pjj I should imagine. Also most of them seem to be in real hard water areas to begin with.  

Reminds me of the old trad conversations 

'I make £££££££ every day in a couple of hours........ where can I get CHEAP squeegee rubber.........'

On a side note @Pjj as you're using 7000L per week then you could spend it on water as would make a great tax right off.... unless you only charge £1.25 per job of course. ?

The price various from site to site the two nearest me are 4 & 5p + vat

you talk about convenance but most people fill up before or after work.pull up between 7-9am and there can be up to 7-8 vans in front of you.if they all fill 500 litres you can be waiting well over 1/2 hour..

units are on industrial parks so by the time you’ve gone and filled up and got to your first job you’ve wasted an hour,

you will be relying on and expect 000 water.On more than one occasion the one near me has been over 010.

if you have multiple vans I can’t see why you would want to spend £150-£200 a week + vat on water.You could rent a unit for that.

I did a resin change yesterday on mine it took around 5mins it was easy.

I’ve used spotless and know one of the directors but it is way more cheaper and easier and faster to make your own which equals more profit.

if you have work all over the country or live in a flat then they may be handy for the odd fill up.But I can’t see why you would use and depend on them long term.

I actually thought 3p plus vat was quite cheap and just a teaser rate. Once established and folk get hooked then they slowly bump up the price. Like a see-saw, they become to greedy and price themselves out of the market and begin to shut down.

Just done a rough costing and paying for it would just about double the cost of making it myself.......on the other hand it is convenient and no doubt quick to fill up but it's not an option round here anyway.

We were on a job for a week, in the summer, near Reading. Spent about £600 at spotless. Could have just had a standpipe and a few bags of resin.

just spoken to the water authority, they charge £3.76 per 1000lts, spotless charge £36 for the same.

If I use 2 waste to 1 good thats about£10 per 1000.

even taking into account membranes and filters is far cheaper to make your own!!

Yeh long term making your own will work out a lot cheaper. But buying a semi decent Small R.O (£300-£500) or a big super one (£1000+) di vessel & bag of resin all adds up.

I had to buy a booster pump at my place (£250ish)

Then you’ve got a 1000l tank for £20-£50 then a sub pump, transfer hose, insulation etc etc. 

I’m not on a water metre thankfully, so my running costs are small. But I used spotless when I was moving house for a couple of weeks. So handy. But that place was 000ppm every time I used it. I’m surprised they were letting it get above 1 or 2 in some places.

I’ve heard of loads of people paying a tenner for 500Ls of water from Tom **** or Harry up the road, and they let their water get up to 5/10/15ppm and taking 15 minutes to fill etc and they’ve got to be in as well at the time. Not worth it. Would choose spotless if I couldn’t make it myself for whatever reason. 

They are not really much good if you don't live near one.

The nearest one to me is coming soon and is 4 miles away and is 4 miles of very busy roads, can take around 20 mins just to get there in middle of day.

Early morning and late afternoon it would be a nightmare and I haven't much work out that way either.

They are not really much good if you don't live near one.

The nearest one to me is coming soon and is 4 miles away and is 4 miles of very busy roads, can take around 20 mins just to get there in middle of day.

Early morning and late afternoon it would be a nightmare and I haven't much work out that way either.
It would only take me about a minute to get to the one they saying is coming soon by me.

Latest Posts

Back