Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

squeegee app woes/questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes what I meant by desktop version was something that's gives you more features than the app.

As far as I'm aware you can only see one day's work at a time when you click on the day.

A lot of us need to see a week or more on the screen to organise the work schedule and move things around .

If you have seen cleaner planners planner view you will see exactly what I mean you can see the days next to each other and drag and drop them about. Aworka is similar as George is not that different.

I understand squeegee is not trying to be the same but I'm simply pointing out that's it's missing a big feature in being able to organise a window cleaning round. 

Rounds are not set in stone a lot of the time we can't do this on a Monday, this on a Tuesday etc and do the same every week, some work is 8 weekly some 4 so you need to move it, we have days off etc, rain delays so you need to reschedule. Yes I know you can move stuff on squeegee but it's hard because you can't see everything at once
As I said... Guess which feature is about to be released! ? Just keep your eyes out for the updates, oh and this will be available on a phone too as some people only have a device nowadays and we want rhw option to be open to everyone whether in the office, at home or on the move ??

I agree adam with the above comments, i've pretty much decided to go back to cleaner planner as whilst this squeegee app is good when out working to tick jobs off etc theres too many problems with it, I know its of my doing but come on I did an overdue job yesterday and its now showing up the job as due today some 8 weekly jobs I did last month are due now?.

it will be my fault but I don't find it too easy to manage this app-maybe its my age I don't know but I have never had this with cp, I feel it needs to be more dummy proof ie me as I never had these many issues with cleaner planner
This will be down to the way you replanned, I don't think you replied when I asked if you'd scheduled a walk through yet? A few minutes going through the features and how to use them with one of the team is so valued to those who have taken up the offer! ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bugs I've come across so far thinking about it are errors with not refreshing the information on the current page. Seems to be a few issues with that. I find myself having to go to a different menu and back again to get it to update. Especially on the owing list and customer list.

A feature I would really appreciate that should be quite straightforward is more filters and sorting options. For example, an alphabetical sort would be good on the work planner list and filters would be good on the owing list.

The only bugs I've come across so far thinking about it are errors with not refreshing the information on the current page. Seems to be a few issues with that. I find myself having to go to a different menu and back again to get it to update. Especially on the owing list and customer list.

A feature I would really appreciate that should be quite straightforward is more filters and sorting options. For example, an alphabetical sort would be good on the work planner list and filters would be good on the owing list.
Good shouts on both suggestions, I'll add them to the list! ? ?

I agree adam with the above comments, i've pretty much decided to go back to cleaner planner as whilst this squeegee app is good when out working to tick jobs off etc theres too many problems with it, I know its of my doing but come on I did an overdue job yesterday and its now showing up the job as due today some 8 weekly jobs I did last month are due now?.

it will be my fault but I don't find it too easy to manage this app-maybe its my age I don't know but I have never had this with cp, I feel it needs to be more dummy proof ie me as I never had these many issues with cleaner planner
I agree with @adamangler and you @kevinc250 you have basically said what I would have said, in the early days of CP they had a dedicated forum so any questions you may have had, had typically already answered so having things in black and white made it was easy to problem solve if I was a little stuck on something, so in effect it was dummy proof but they also had the input of a particular window cleaner on the build and in the early stages of it going live and beyond no doubt, which no doubt helped massively. 

I did do the walk through,it was with Susie, there was an issue with the data carried over from cleaner planner that took all the deleted customers with that,all five years worth so we did a test with yours, as five years of deleted customers is enough to deal with and sifting through them all.

anyway,on a daily basis squegee is brilliant to use   but, for the likes of me who don't want to be that technical with an app its a bit of a struggle.

cleaner planner did have a forum in the early days and was the first point of call should you have a problem or question as we were all in the same boat we learnt as we went along and helped each other

I think my problem is that I don't like to ask for help or be spoonfed  when I could read up and learn if the information was there online somewhere @Skxawng helped me loads when he commented as he put it in such a way that I could get my head round.

Sounds to me Kevin like you’re just so used to doing things the way CP does it that you’re struggling to adapt to the new way of working. Which is fair enough I suppose.

Im kind of at the other end of the spectrum. I tried CP and just couldn’t get on with it. But im not the kind of guy who likes to sit and look at a spreadsheet with my full round on it and all my data. It also used to infuriate me that I could have a work sheet on on an app on my phone but then I had to log onto my computer at night to upload the worksheet to my main account to update my account. Felt a bit like doing the job twice.

I rarely have issues with Squeegee myself. But I’m fairly fortunate in that I know exactly how my round runs in my head anyway, and if anything it slightly out on my weekly planner then it takes me second to rearrange it. I personally don’t need to be seeing weeks in advance. But that’s just me. I now run my whole business from my phone. I take GC payments, send invoices, send messages and reminders, and organise my whole round from the app on my phone, most of the time as I’m working, which eliminates nearly all of my admin when I get home and gives me more time for my family.

I am with @kevinc250 I like to have info available so I can work through things myself, my memory is really bad so I need info in black and white so I can process it and double check, this is a very standard thing, on the whole, buy something new like a tv or mobile phone you get a manual you have something to refer to and you also learn how things work and you are easily able to work through stuff, I think Kevin knows the crack Kevin is smart I am going to be more  like Kevin ?

I am with @kevinc250 I like to have info available so I can work through things myself, my memory is really bad so I need info in black and white so I can process it and double check, this is a very standard thing, on the whole, buy something new like a tv or mobile phone you get a manual you have something to refer to and you also learn how things work and you are easily able to work through stuff, I think Kevin knows the crack Kevin is smart I am going to be more  like Kevin ?

don't be like me mate lol?, I have a lickle liking for beer, am grumpy at times, my van is untidy (there again tidy people never have those exciting discoveries I do on a daily basis), I think its true that, at the moment, i'm not quite feeling the love with regards to squeegee, maybe its as liam has said i'm so used to cp that I may need to adapt a bit

in the past when something new was brought out it was quite common to have a facebook   group eople could questions and the members would interact to help resolve these in such a way that everyone can understand-after all we are not all programmers just window cleaners, these groups allways worked well as I have started a few of these in the past-maybe squeegee could take note?

sorry for the spelling mistakes,for some reason the space bar is deciding what it wants to do at the moment

don't be like me mate lol?, I have a lickle liking for beer, am grumpy at times, my van is untidy (there again tidy people never have those exciting discoveries I do on a daily basis), I think its true that, at the moment, i'm not quite feeling the love with regards to squeegee, maybe its as liam has said i'm so used to cp that I may need to adapt a bit

in the past when something new was brought out it was quite common to have a facebook   group eople could questions and the members would interact to help resolve these in such a way that everyone can understand-after all we are not all programmers just window cleaners, these groups allways worked well as I have started a few of these in the past-maybe squeegee could take note?

sorry for the spelling mistakes,for some reason the space bar is deciding what it wants to do at the moment
We have a group for users 'squeegeemasters' on Facebook. The idea is just that you contribute to the group and try and help others out too when you can, post suggestions, ask questions etc. It isn't an open group as we want it to be manageable and only for active users ?

cool and thank you,but why oh why wasn't this mentioned or even on the site? it could have saved me a whole lot of greif asking people on here, phoning mates to ask advice and help how long have I been asking for help with this app feb 19th I've just checked and only now have you just said theres a ***dly help group?

words lose me now

cool and thank you,but why oh why wasn't this mentioned or even on the site? it could have saved me a whole lot of greif asking people on here, phoning mates to ask advice and help how long have I been asking for help with this app feb 19th I've just checked and only now have you just said theres a ***dly help group?

words lose me now
It was originally the beta users group, generally only premium and up unless they are regular contributers! Apologies! ? 

Obviously there's the in app chat too, get support on the go as and when you need it! 

You sound like me ? I spent £90 at my local bottle shop the other week, as for the other replies after your response to my reply says it all ? ?

All we can do is apologise that you didn't know about the group, the in app chat is still the best place to get support from, generally someone answers fairly instantly! 
no, i'm sorry but the first place I would point or enrol a new customer is to the self help group as I would call it, so now theres a facebook group and an in app chat? summing all this up i'm going back to cp-i'm sorry but there does seem a lack of transparency  support whichever, at this point in five years cp hasn't giving me so much greif compared to the two months with yourselves, i'm sorry to do this on a public forum and I truly am but its going to have to come to an end

no, i'm sorry but the first place I would point or enrol a new customer is to the self help group as I would call it, so now theres a facebook group and an in app chat? summing all this up i'm going back to cp-i'm sorry but there does seem a lack of transparency  support whichever, at this point in five years cp hasn't giving me so much greif compared to the two months with yourselves, i'm sorry to do this on a public forum and I truly am but its going to have to come to an end

Our apologies that you feel let down. We have a public facebook page, which is mentioned on the welcome email received on signing up and that's another way to get in touch with us through messenger. Also mentioned on this email are our YouTube channel with some 'how to' videos and a link to the help page on our website with step by step tutorials for many of the features. Our phone number is on the website and we take calls in office hours and have an answerphone for urgent out of hours support requests whivh is checked and if required, responded to as needed. In addition to this, we will add a section of the app which links to all of the resources we have available as this might help other users in future. 

The in app chat is relatively new and has been in since mid January I believe. As with all new features, these are shown on the release notes and are always shown to you after an update. 

If you have any suggestions as to how else we can get this information out to you and other users, please let us know as we aim to be as helpful as possible and make ourselves available in as many ways as possible. 

As for your specific issue with replanning, someone will happily walk though this with you on screen so it can be resolved if you still wish to do this. This can be done this evening or tomorrow. 

Is that really something you would expect a company to do mate? Your mobile network provider would have a self help FB page, so would whoever makes your phone, laptop, TV, car, van etc etc. None of these would point you in the direction of the self help groups as a first port of call. If they did it would come across as laziness, like they didn't want to resolve problems themselves.

ok so i took yesterday off to do some paperwork and start to prepare my accounts for the end of year, I had a few hours to spare so, I devoted that time to squeegee, I looked at the youtube vids but I have tinnitus so the vids made it unbearable to watch with the monotone voice over the background music (if you have tinnitus you'll understand).

I looked at trad mans review but switched off after a few mins as it was all woooaahh look at this app!.

sssoooooooooooo, after a lot of uummiing and aaaahhhhing and a lot of pacing up and down the hallway I posted a message to squeegee for some guidance as for me, it would be the decider to "should I stay or should I go" cue the clash song.

me and ed spoke for quite a while whilst running through some issues I had with this, we sorted a few things out with regards to my running of squeegee- I understand the workings a bit more now and am more relaxed about not using every option that is available as that could be more applicable for say a milkman or a mobile hairdresser or electrician so some things  can apply to me or not if that's the case- its my choice to do so.

I do feel guilty now with regards to my rather harsh words and for that I admit I was more of a **** and, I am sorry for that and I apologise for that  but, the frustration on something not working for you and you can't see why and you feel in isolation is more of my doing I suppose-its more of a pride thing on my part.

moving forward, I am working on my squeegee and making it work better for my way of working as every business is different I have to find a way that makes it work for me.

I am using cp at the moment for creating invoices as squeegee is lacking in that department at the moment for the kind of invoices I need to create but, hopefully that could be addressed in the near future

my apologies for my bad temper/outbursts but hey it kept some of you entertained for a while.

Fair play to you @kevinc250 for perseverance, I don't do videos as they generally go to fast for me and it's in one ear and straight out into the abyss so I prefer text in black and white which I can process, refer back to and double and triple check if needed, for me if something isn't apparent and doesn't work straight out of the box it gets binned off after a few attempts. 

I want to say that  the above and previous replies I have made across the forum are based on my own personal experiences and frustrations, One thing that does niggle me is the potential lurkers, so if there are multiple people reading the various posts and this one who are Squeegee users and think Squeegee is the dog's danglers then I would urge you to shout up and chip in and support something you are paying for and use on a daily basis.

I'm really happy with the app, but moreso with the support to help out if required.  I haven't used anything else for reference though.
I think those of us who haven't used CP first prefer Squeegee. I took the 30 day trial of CP but didn't get on with it. I took the trial of Squeegee and found it worked. At first it had me head scratching a little but its certainly not as complex as CP.

I have worked at a few places where they have changed software. No one takes to it immediately, everyone prefers what they have. I can remember one change where we were moving from a system that didn't even have mouse functions. You had to navigate with the F1-F12 keys and the screen looked like teletext. People wanted to stick with that over a simple windows based system just because they knew it.

Back