Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee live

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m using Quick Books self employed package at the moment, apart from going on every few days to review transactions it pretty much takes care of itself. Only been using it a couple of months, but for £2.99 per month (offer price after free trial, not sure how long it will stay at that) I figured its worth a punt to run alongside CP or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I used to use Quickbooks and my iPad and phone. The problem is how long it takes to create and send an invoice on Quickbooks. I tried sending all of my invoices before leaving each address and found it could add 5 minutes to each job. With Squeegee it takes less than a minute and has freed up a lot of time for me. Part of the problem I found with Quickbooks was I wouldn't do the invoices at each customer and come home to it. Thinking you have 15-20 invoices to send at the end of the day is depressing.

I am still using quickbooks as we are part way through last years tax return and I have a bunch of sales on there from this year. I miss being able to personalise invoice emails as I always give customers a next due date (Although they all know I may run over this date). I haven't added my commercial customers onto Squeegee so I am using Quickbooks for that.

Can't fault the service from Squeegee. I tried cleaner planner but I didn't get on with it. I've had problems which have been fixed super quickly and they are always super quick to respond!

I used to use Quickbooks and my iPad and phone. The problem is how long it takes to create and send an invoice on Quickbooks. I tried sending all of my invoices before leaving each address and found it could add 5 minutes to each job. With Squeegee it takes less than a minute and has freed up a lot of time for me. Part of the problem I found with Quickbooks was I wouldn't do the invoices at each customer and come home to it. Thinking you have 15-20 invoices to send at the end of the day is depressing.

I am still using quickbooks as we are part way through last years tax return and I have a bunch of sales on there from this year. I miss being able to personalise invoice emails as I always give customers a next due date (Although they all know I may run over this date). I haven't added my commercial customers onto Squeegee so I am using Quickbooks for that.

Can't fault the service from Squeegee. I tried cleaner planner but I didn't get on with it. I've had problems which have been fixed super quickly and they are always super quick to respond!
Thanks mate,

I use Easy Invoice app for invoicing, but only invoice commercial/some big jobs. Most domestics windows aren’t bothered. Income is all still tracked. I keep meaning to switch to either CP or QB invoices, but they don’t look as good.

My only real issue with QB is that if I invoice a commercial customer at the end of the month and they pay a week later, it shows on the following months accounts. The only way to change it is to exclude the payment transaction and manually add a transaction in the correct month. Not a big deal I guess, but I’m pretty ocd about things being in the right place

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

That's reassuring? however, I have had issues where I have moved some jobs and they have been duplicated rather than moved which overstates my income.  As you continue to develop the app isn't there more chances of little bugs which could mess up the data, which could come to light too far down the line?

Don't get me wrong I desperately want to ditch the spreadsheets as im duplicating and it eats into my evenings ..

What file type is it though?  I did one and I thought it could only be opened with squeegee.  I want a CSV file or something 
My apologies, I didn't see this one!
The file type is json as it's not a flat file like csv. It is only for restoring from a backup, not for storing elsewhere ? 
There are now reports though, if you go to the insights view, the fourth tab gives you the options to have a profit and loss and customers currently as csv files, and if you want to purchase a different report type, this can be added to your account for you to then export as often as you like! 

@Squeegee App are you guys planning to add a reminder email function. I know there is the request payment function but this sends a text, I have some forgetful customers who need gentle persuasion... Also the texts cost to send which isn't ideal.

Hi there, 

Yes there are both an email payment request (which is free) and appointment reminders as both sms and email. These are both features of the premium plan (£9.80 a month) the email costs nothing and you can now use your own phone allowance for sms messages as well or choose TextLocal or Twilio ?

Hi there, 

Yes there are both an email payment request (which is free) and appointment reminders as both sms and email. These are both features of the premium plan (£9.80 a month) the email costs nothing and you can now use your own phone allowance for sms messages as well or choose TextLocal or Twilio ?
Yeah i'm on the premium plan... I don't think i've explained my question properly. I know about appointment reminders. When I have cleaned and completed a job I click on the invoice and then click email invoice so it goes to them. I've set it so that they only show as owing after 7 days but at that point I would like to be able to send them a reminder email instead of a payment request. Something like ''Hi Dave, this is jo bloggs from Jo Bloggs window cleaning, just a reminder your invoice is still outstanding. If you have recently made payment or advised us you will make payment later please ignore this....... You get the idea.

Yeah i'm on the premium plan... I don't think i've explained my question properly. I know about appointment reminders. When I have cleaned and completed a job I click on the invoice and then click email invoice so it goes to them. I've set it so that they only show as owing after 7 days but at that point I would like to be able to send them a reminder email instead of a payment request. Something like ''Hi Dave, this is jo bloggs from Jo Bloggs window cleaning, just a reminder your invoice is still outstanding. If you have recently made payment or advised us you will make payment later please ignore this....... You get the idea.

Ahh gotcha! You can do this with the payment reminder itself and set the default message as you like, which can be email or sms. This is a manual reminder at the moment and on a per customer basis but we have got bulk reminders and automatic ones once the payment period is over on the backlog! ?? Sorry for the blank quote a minute ago, I hit send when I was just reading ?

Ahh gotcha! You can do this with the payment reminder itself and set the default message as you like, which can be email or sms. This is a manual reminder at the moment and on a per customer basis but we have got bulk reminders and automatic ones once the payment period is over on the backlog! ?? Sorry for the blank quote a minute ago, I hit send when I was just reading ?
Thats alright, you keep helping me with Squeegee and I'll help you with window cleaning forums ??

Auto reminders sounds like a really good idea... But if I can change the reminder for now i'm all sorted. I shall have a look on Thursday when the rain is hammering down and I can't clean for the day haha.

Back