Squeegee problem

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Adam curtis, Jul 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Adam curtis

Adam curtis Member

Hi guys I've been doing this a long time just got in to modified squeegee s and liquidators over the past week or two been noticing loads of tiny lines when fanning I change it every day don't no if it's always done it or just started noticing it it's driving me mad they look like they disappear not had no complaints I've tryed loads of different rubbers all seem to do the same only getting half of day from each side if I'm lucky I normally use squeegee off soap with a dash of viniger is it in my head or have I change my technique I don't no what's going on help !!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

I find if you use liquidators on wooden frames the tip damages very easily especially if they need a paint, once the tip is damaged you get those fine lines.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. cheapncheerful

hi adam, I have had the same problem and put it down to the weather , I pretended in the usual cnc way not to see them and when I looked again there was no marks visible......as usual ..I changed to a branny new blade and I was okay then but still was wondering if I had put the wrong liquid in or something.

you cant beat a new blade though....hope you sort out the problem ta cnc.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Cheapie..how you doing buddy??

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just use like normal..those lines will dissapear

6. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Are you perhaps pressing on a bit too hard?

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
    altho you say uv tried loads of rubbers ,you likely need to try more,diffrent brands or even a duff batch can be what the problem is.a duff rubber edge often cannot be seen by naked eye either

once u find a good rubber iv realized it pays to buy more from the exact same batch. most multi packs have a code on the packets
    another thing,if youre carrying your rubbers around with you,they need to lay in a box lined with a material softer than rubber. its so important cos if the blade edge touches a hard surface in transit itll be ruined in no time by the vehicles motion causing chafe on blade edge

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I agree with you about protecting your rubbers, I've got one of those long plastic boxes you can buy from suppliers.

9. Murphy

Murphy Active Member

I had the same problem with the liquidator , I put a zip tie cut down in each end of the channel and it solved the problem, there is a thread on the forum about it

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Thread called best liquidator mod ever

Advertisement